• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What's a hometown?

• Where you were born

Votes: 18 4.1%
  • Where you grew up

Votes: 387 88.6%
  • Last place you lived before your current place

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Where you live now

Votes: 12 2.7%
  • Your favorite place you've lived

Votes: 9 2.1%
  • Place you spent the most time living

Votes: 11 2.5%

• Total voters

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Formative years, but I would also argue if you spend more than four years in the town where you go to college those are formative years for a different reason and could also count.

I spent six years in the city I went to college in and got two degrees. Lived there year-round off campus because of family strife in what I used to consider my "hometown". The city I went to college in is now my go-to answer.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Where the mountains sing through the screams of seagulls. Where the whales can live 'cause they're gentle people. Where the northern lights burst out in colors, and the magic nights surpass all others.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
That's why I have the struggle with the definition, where I lived from 7-18 was the 5th state I had lived in, and god knows what # town it was. Most folks I grew up around were born and raised in the same place, and people will ask "oh where are you from" and it's like man I don't know!!! Where the fuck am I from!! Do you want the town I was born in or where I spent the most time so far or where I moved here from or what!! Why can't it just be easy to answer šŸ˜­

Yeah I feel I've dealt with that before as well. Most times when folks ask where I'm from I just say 'I moved around a lot as a kid' and maybe briefly mention a few places I lived before. I think that ends up being good enough for most people who ask, or maybe they just lose interest by that point lol.

Oct 29, 2017
I was born in Michigan. I moved away at 16. Lived in Memphis for 10 years. I've lived in the Bay Area ever since. The Bay Area is now the place I've lived longest in. I still consider Michigan home as my family still lives there.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
where you grew up. i was born in the philippines but i really grew up in toronto. that's what i consider my hometown.

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
where i grew up. was born somewhere else but spent the majority of my life in san diego, then moved to settle down with my own family in a different city. san diego is my hometown.