• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

First day of the week:

• Monday

Votes: 970 75.8%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 5 0.4%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • Thrusday

Votes: 11 0.9%
  • Friday

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • Saturday

Votes: 5 0.4%
  • Sunday

Votes: 274 21.4%

• Total voters

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
I know Sunday is popular in the US, even though according to ISO-8601 Monday is obviously the correct international standard.
So what do you consider the first day of the week?

davepoobond

Oct 25, 2017
www.squackle.com
International standards only matter if you want to be subjugated by a bureaucracy of unknowns who set these random ass standards because of their own personal preference

BennyWhatever

Oct 27, 2017
US
My whole life and all my friends family say Sunday.
Then I started working at a TV station in 2010 and it was very very specifically Monday, as that's what all business orgs use. Been doing it that way ever since.
I don't think it is popular in the US to consider Sunday as the first day of the week.
It's very very popular. At least where I'm from (southern Indiana). Most standard US calendars you buy in the store has Sunday on the left, as if it's the first day.

Zeshile

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 22, 2017
Kansas
Monday is definitely the first day. I hate that most american calendars have it as sunday.

Bramblebutt

Banned
Jan 11, 2018
I've spent my entire life thinking how stupid it is that Sunday is the start of the week and not Monday. And now you tell me the international standard IS Monday, and I have to wonder what rich lobby in the US is preventing us from adopting the superior standard. Is the Imperial System messing with our weekdays, too?

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
"Consider"? I never thought it was an opinion. We were taught in school that it's Sunday, the calendar says Sunday, every employer I've ever had says it's Sunday, our financial software says it's Sunday.

And today I learn that every other person in the world other than the ones I've met or worked for, say that it's Monday? Wow.

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
I asked my wife about this and said "Do you think it's because originally in Christian countries, Sunday is God's day, so that's important because it comes first?". She pointed out that even in the bible god makes the earth and THEN rests on the Sunday.

I just googled it....I think it can be considered "Old fashioned" to call Sunday the first day of the week. I mean, Ancient Greece is quite old fashioned, right?

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Consider"? I never thought it was an opinion. We were taught in school that it's Sunday, the calendar says Sunday, every employer I've ever had says it's Sunday, our financial software says it's Sunday.

And today I learn that every other person in the world other than the ones I've met or worked for, say that it's Monday? Wow.
May I introduce you to metres

Tezz

Oct 27, 2017
Lots of software lets you change the starting day of the week nowadays. And the last three calendars I've had started the week with Monday.

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
My iPhone calendar starts with Sunday, my outlook calendar starts with Sunday, my Google calendar starts with Sunday. So that is Apple, Microsoft, and Google. I'd say Sunday is pretty ubiquitous. (these are default settings obviously)

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
The Bible says Jesus rose early on the first day of the week (Sunday)
I was taught Sunday -Saturday in school growing up.

Sunday is defined as the first day of the week
Saturday - the 7th and last day of the week.

Yes the start of business day is Monday but a Weekly cycle of 7 days, i believe Sunday is the first day.

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
The concept of a week, start and end is completely arbitrary anyway. So getting high and mighty about what named day it starts on is pointless.

Deleted member 17092

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My whole life and all my friends family say Sunday.
Then I started working at a TV station in 2010 and it was very very specifically Monday, as that's what all business orgs use. Been doing it that way ever since.

It's very very popular. At least where I'm from (southern Indiana). Most standard US calendars you buy in the store has Sunday on the left, as if it's the first day.

Yeah but I feel like most people don't think of it that way. If I say this Sunday I'm talking about the 21st. If it was next week you'd say next Sunday for the 21st. If you say next Sunday you're gonna do whatever most people would think you're talking about the 28th. Not this Sunday but next Sunday would be the 28th.

GeminiX7

Feb 6, 2019
Monday because there really isn't any logic to it being Sunday(or any other day of the week). Saturday and Sunday are literally considered the "weekend" in the only country where Sunday might be considered the beginning of the week. In pretty much every business context Monday notes the beginning of the week. In just about every education system Monday is the beginning of the school week and Friday/Saturday(depending on country) is the end, with Sunday almost universally being the end of the week as a whole.

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
Monday. That's what it's culturaly been over here, and it fits, as it's the start of the new workweek. Let's keep the whole weekend at the end of the week.

Confusing as fuck in Portuguese though, which I'm learning. All weekdays don't really have a name, just a number. And it starts at two. So monday is 'second day', tuesday 'third day'... The further the week progresses, the more I have to count in my head to know which day they actually mean, lol.

chezzymann

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Monday. And I'm from the US. Its so weird to split the weekend up and say sunday is the start.

I always disagree with calendars here when I see one.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
I've never heard anyone say anything other than Sunday. Had a weird idea, so I clicked on my calendar:

Ik5DNVh.jpg

Yeah, Sunday.