• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kalmakov

user requested ban
Banned
Sep 10, 2019
There's a pretty decent chance that we will get new info on KOFXV (possibly even footage) tomorrow during the TGS conference. TGS was where KOFXIV had it's gameplay reveal as well. Just what do you hope to see with XV?

For me, personally, I just wanna see the boy come back.
latest

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I hope to see them doing their beautiful character art justice in 3D. XII and XIII were absolutely beautiful, XIV was visually atrocious. They have more experience with 3D models now, so I am optimistic for XV. :)

Steak

Oct 27, 2017
I'd love to see a refinement of the 3D style that brings it closer to what their spritework looked like in 12/13. Otherwise I found the gameplay of XIV to be really fun so nothing specific to that end, though good online is always always a big plus.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
Kasumi and May Lee. This is all they have to do: give me back my girls.
Maybe Xiangfei, who I am surprised wasn't there to begin with in XIV. I'll take Malin, too, but she's kind of low on the list of priorities.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Ideally 2D sprites again but if that's not possible anymore an engine/style that's able to represent the characters design in a good way, SNK/KOF has some of the best designed characters and that medicore 3D modelling kinda pooped on that.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh Ash. Personally everything introduced from 2001-XII should be put in a blackhole to never return.

New Face team would be great. I'd love to see them manage to include every character from 14, but that's a tall order.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Just make it look good. I haven't bought KOF 14 nor will unless it's like $10 because the game is ugly as sin (and the demo didn't really feel right to me either, tbh).

jackal27

Oct 25, 2017
Joplin, MO
Better art direction is the main thing. Samurai Shodown looks great so hopefully something closer to that or at least more unique than XIV. Also hoping for a Switch release

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
"What the hell is SNK?!"

What I hope is simultaneous release on all viable platforms, with rollback netcode, and cross-play.

What I expect is a PS4 release with PC and maybe Switch releases about 6 months later, delay-based netcode and no cross-play.

Oct 25, 2017
Expect:
May Lee
All XIV newcomers (or at least the south americans and the arabs)
Gai Tendo

Hope but don't see it happening:
Your team on the background again

"D."

Oct 30, 2017
For the artstyle to RETURN to this:
kim-kofxii-stance2.gif

The 3D shit they switched to was abysmal and reminded me of PS2 character models

cubotauro

Aug 28, 2019
"What the hell is SNK?!"

What I hope is simultaneous release on all viable platforms, with rollback netcode, and cross-play.

What I expect is a PS4 release with PC and maybe Switch releases about 6 months later, delay-based netcode and no cross-play.
So you expect the game to stay exactly the same?

That's not much of an expectation.

Oct 27, 2017
I would love if they'd put in a Maximum Impact team to carry on its story in the main series as a side thing that's going on. Kind of like the Hizoku clan stuff from NESTS saga or the Dragon Spirit thing that I think is still going on with Kensou. Alba Meira, Luise Meyrink, and Xiao Lon would be my picks for that team. If they wanted to use any more characters from that series they could probably fit Mignon with the Psycho Soldiers if they're willing to bench Chin and uhh Chae Lim can hang out on Kim's team if they want to differentiate the two of them even more.

They'd need to either make Addes members mid-bosses or the boss and I don't see them doing that. So an Addes team would be alright with me. Duke, Jivatma, and for a 3rd character someone new, a brainwashed Soiree, or Nanase. Judeim would be cool as a mid-boss but then they'd have to make Alba disappear from your team in story mode. Would be worth it though.

I fully expect them to just do something completely different and unexpected with the story since apparently everyone that was dead is magically alive in this new timeline. As long as the art direction is better than XIV's was and the gameplay doesn't throw away all the fun new mechanics then I'll be there day 1.

I mean look at these people. They're fabulous and deserve another shot in the HD era.
latest
latest
latest

Last edited:

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
My hope would be that something like the Arc Sys visual style would be a good compromise between 2D and 3D character designs.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The thing I'm expecting most, and what I think would be a big mistake if they don't do, is to cash in on all the crossovers they did with other companies and then some.

Have a Tekken team, Soul Calibur team, Fighting Layer team etc.

The story they have started with XIV will easily let them do this and have it be cannon.

Last edited:

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
Southeast Asia and The Middle East are not the same
First of all, I meant Southwest and edited my post. Secondly, they've never stated where Sinclair was from (but her sworddancing is supposed to be Kashmiri Sqay) and I figured it might be a stretch but after introducing Nadj, I figured adding her as a teammate might be a good way to get some more representation from that general area of the world. If I crossed a line somewhere, I'm really sorry.

OP
OP

Kalmakov

user requested ban
Banned
Sep 10, 2019
The thing I'm expecting most, and what I think would be a big mistake if they don't do, is to cash in on all the crossovers they did with other companies and then some.

The story they have started with XIV will easily let them do this and have it be cannon.
This is actually a damn good idea, and the teams they could come up with would he really fun.

I could see Team Tekken just being the Mishimas (Kazuya, Heihachi, Kazumi)

OP
OP

Kalmakov

user requested ban
Banned
Sep 10, 2019
First of all, I meant Southwest and edited my post. Secondly, they've never stated where Sinclair was from (but her sworddancing is supposed to be Kashmiri Sqay) and I figured it might be a stretch but after introducing Nadj, I figured adding her as a teammate might be a good way to get some more representation from that general area of the world. If I crossed a line somewhere, I'm really sorry.
You didn't cross the line, I was just clarifying that Dubai was in the Middle East.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
To hopefully veer away from the "MAX Mode cancel into lengthy combo, with EX moves on top!" stuff that has been a part of KOF a bit too long for my liking.

I'm not the hard-nosed type that's of the "'98 or nuthin'" persuasion, but I'm hoping that SNK is willing to try something else, again, for part XV.

Oct 27, 2017

Jesus christ! This would be a dream come true idea. They'd even be able to have a Dead or Alive team and a Granblue team because they had 1 or 2 crossovers in Granblue Fantasy itself. With all the games SNK allowed their characters into in recent history they could probably build a fighting game roster the size of Project x Zone's. Capcom's absence from a game like that would be hilarious. Fighting Ex Layer has the best shoto style character anyway and it'd be a crime if Allen Snider and Blair Dame didn't make it.

bulletyen

Nov 12, 2017
For the artstyle to RETURN to this:
kim-kofxii-stance2.gif

The 3D shit they switched to was abysmal and reminded me of PS2 character models
That was their 2D SNK's last hurrah and it will never happen again. It took them forever to create one single character, and unlike 3D it's a shit ton more work to make design/costume changes.

cubotauro

Aug 28, 2019
People that keep hoping for KOF to go back to sprites are going to have a heartattack when the next Metal Slug comes out in 3D.