• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
Better visuals. More alts
Rock Howard
The one new kid bvb with the two fists
Crossover characters

Oct 26, 2017
These probably won't happen, but my hopes are that most of the KOF XIV roster returns, and that SNK introduces a button-shortcut for short hops.

I know these games are very different, but pretty much every platform fighter/Smash style fighter has introduced some kind of button-shortcut for executing short hops. I hope KOF does the same. Something like neutral+button for a neutral hop. Forward/backward+button for forward/backward hop, and forward, forward+button for a hyper hop.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So long as King is in I'm happy

Also Jesus at those demanding they go back to 2D. Like guys, XIV was their first foray in HD 3D and they had a choice between art and characters. Since then they have worked on more 3D games and have gotten better. Of course XV will look better

And lol "PS2 models". Go actually look at a PS2 game. Goddamn exxagerators.

Aug 22, 2018
If they keep most of the roster from XIV, add Shingo (maybe a team with him, Adelheid and Rock?) and some of the "revived" people implied in the endings I will be happy. Anything extra and... It would be too good!

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
I want the models to look as good as Terry's Smash model. That can't be too much to ask for, right?

Yo5GBGs.png

Oct 25, 2017
I'm hoping for good rollback netcode, lobbies not to be a downgrade like KOF14 to SamSho, Teammates in the background like 98, keep improving visuals, special intros between certain characters, more costumes, crossover characters (particularly from Tekken, Characters from their own franchises (particularly more Mark of the Wolves and add The Last Blade), Roster Size similar to 14.
I expect delay netcode, awesome music, and a roster size smaller than 14 but no sure how much tho. Other than that no idea what to expect. They could go in a number of different ways with this game interested to see how it plays out.
Characters I want that weren't in 14: New Face Team, Shen Woo, May Lee, and Krizalid.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
Borrow Ark sys Engine

You know for all the "ThEy NeEd To Go BaCk To SpRiTeS!" people, I think this is a reasonable compromise. 3D that LOOKS like 2D sprites. Only Don't make it like cel-anime, Oda has said the pixels in classic KoF games were never meant to be anime but rather they were meant to be live action/realistic. Find someway to make it look like the old style somehow. But honestly, whatever they can do to balance visuals with roster count. I'd hate to see a "pretty" small rostered game.

Better visuals. More alts
Rock Howard
The one new kid bvb with the two fists
Crossover characters

Seriously the lack of alts was really disappointing especially when you look at Maximum Impact 2 which had 16 costumes for everybody. More of THAT please.

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
You know for all the "ThEy NeEd To Go BaCk To SpRiTeS!" people, I think this is a reasonable compromise. 3D that LOOKS like 2D sprites. Only Don't make it like cel-anime, Oda has said the pixels in classic KoF games were never meant to be anime but rather they were meant to be live action/realistic. Find someway to make it look like the old style somehow. But honestly, whatever they can do to balance visuals with roster count. I'd hate to see a "pretty" small rostered game.
The art promotions for KOF are depicted like Seinen art style.
That would be something different

tzare

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Catalunya
I want non forgettable stages. Most fighting games, and that has been for years now, including kof, have very boring stages. I miss the time when those were iconic, related to the characters or usually tied to a city, country, monument, religion etc...
Remaking old stages would really work for me, like an homage (will probably put those as paid DLC though.)
As for characters, Hon-fu, Bob Wilson, Eiji ,John Crawley, Xiangfei, Krauser, Hayate, Hanzo and Fuuma, Kim Dragon or Rasputin from WH in a more serious design.
Visuals... Difficult, i like KOFXIV , it is basic but well done, especially after they improved the lighting. Samsho sometimes looks like a blurry mess of colours ,especially the stages. Characters are nice though, but not outstanding.
I usually like a less realistic look for fighters, but KOF has always been the less 'anime/comic' look, less colorful, (except for xii and xiii that were a mix of vAoF and Garou, and my most loved 2dfighters ever)so, for a change, something like MK maybe would fit the game and give it comercial boost in the West.
I hope it just gets enough sales to keep a healthy online for 2-3 years.

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
Better art direction and character models. I can play ugly games but not that ugly. Decent online too I guess but I don't expect miracles.

Saikyo

Oct 25, 2017
Less teams, like 12 or 13 because of the better quality (they said they wont reuse the 3D models from XIV) so the most of the cast from kof xiii+nakoruru team with jeane from WH+orochi team+new rival team
Return of the "HD bar" and EX not tied to "cancel mode"
Rollback netplay (yeah, right...)

Phoenixazure

Oct 27, 2017
Art style based on Hiroaki's designed with a slightly reduced roster with a mix old old/new teams.

Reintroduce more returning teams throughout the years

Deleted member 1190

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Better art direction and character models. I can play ugly games but not that ugly. Decent online too I guess but I don't expect miracles.

14's models were actually fine. It was the lighting/shading system that made them look so bad.

Just look at some of the model swaps modders have done where they simply dropped 14's models into SF5.

Thronazuug

Mar 30, 2019
Too expensive. KOF 13 almost tanked the company.
Not happening. Ever. 2d sprites nearly bankrupted the company.
I don't know where this rumours come from? iirc it wasn't the bankruptcy that was threating game division. It was the pachinko loving CEO that treating and threatining the game division like a cartoon villain. He had a pachinko is the future presentation for the new buyers just days before closure of pachinko division. A great ending to a villanous plan. He was the one tanking the game division, not "expensive" 2D sprites.

Plus if we learn anything from GGXrd 3D sprites arent cheap or easy afterall. Now money is not the biggest issue. Especially after Ledo buyout, plus all the money they made. Ithink the biggest issue is the talent.
I believe that CEO scare/waste the pixel talent and the old talent who came back just wants to excel in 3D.

Eventhough I do wish to see more of SNK's pixel work which is almost witch craft (see XII-XIII's ray tracing like pixel art technic), but it won't happen for mainline KOF. Hopefully in other projects.

So with that out of way, I would love to see a great art direction. For the roster, I hope to see some of my girls: Shermie, Kasumi, XiangFei, Foxy, Hinako and Whip and my boys Gai, Krizalid, Shingo, Shen and Jhun. New comers like Reiji from Kagura clan and Shroom from previous Saga.
KoF Team ride is great!

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know where this rumours come from? iirc it wasn't the bankruptcy that was threating game division. It was the pachinko loving CEO that treating and threatining the game division like a cartoon villain. He had a pachinko is the future presentation for the new buyers just days before closure of pachinko division. A great ending to a villanous plan. He was the one tanking the game division, not "expensive" 2D sprites.

I hope you are not referring to Eikuchi Kawasaki when you say CEO because you don't know what you are talking about if so.

Last edited:

battleborn27

Banned
Oct 6, 2018
-Huge roster at launch
-Terry Bogard with his KOF14 jacket
-Game feeling/playing like Garou
-Better lighting than 14 (the models were good but somehow they looked ugly in game)

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
better graphical style and more 'audio impact' when hitting. Other than that, i'm actually pretty ok with KOF14 in terms of characters and gameplay.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Rock Howard but looking as cool as he was in Garou. Which means either make the game look cool or redesign his clothes

Deleted member 17658

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I would love to be proven wrong but I just don't think that's enough for Japanese devs outside of Capcom to really care. Even being, Capcom is doing a proprietary rollback netcode but that is failing on all accounts. The dream is for them to work directly with the Cannon brothers like KI and MKX/11 but that's not happening this lifetime.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019

Csr

Nov 6, 2017
Better visuals, different artstyle. I don't like how samsho looks but it does look better than kofxiv which i thought was horrible.
I just hope they will have improved enough to make a worthy sequel to Garou.

The007JiM

Oct 25, 2017
Samurai Shodown was a lot improvement in how snk handle graphics since xiv. Andvthey can still improving so my hopes are high.

There's a theory about a villian called Uni because the last villian was called Verse. Uni-verse. lol
If some villians are revived in xiv ending would be great for the variety of characters.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
A Garou team (with Kushnood Butt please!), the comeback of Rugal and Shermie and decently sized roster. While XIV didn't look amazing visually, 50 characters at launch was pretty crazy in this day and age, it deserved more recognition on that alone.

Thronazuug

Mar 30, 2019
I hope you are not referring to Eikuchi Kawasaki when you say CEO because you don't know what you are talking about if so.
No, I'm not talking about one of the founders of SNK. I'm talking about SNK Playmore president Koichi Toyama. He was the one pushing pachinko, saying he wanted to turn video game fans into the pachinko fans.

Irrelevant to corporate drama, 2D and 3D is both expensive and hard to produce. With 2D, fresh talent must be the bigger issue.

NeoChaos

Oct 28, 2017
NorCal
No, I'm not talking about one of the founders of SNK. I'm talking about SNK Playmore president Koichi Toyama. He was the one pushing pachinko, saying he wanted to turn video game fans into the pachinko fans.

Irrelevant to corporate drama, 2D and 3D is both expensive and hard to produce. With 2D, fresh talent must be the bigger issue.
There's also a return on investment issue with 2D vs 3D. If SNK's planning to sell this as a full price $60 title, sprites aren't gonna fly at that price point, particularly among casual consumers who think 2D is the realm of the bargain bin or older consoles. And those casual buyers vastly outnumber the forum dwellers who sing the praises of SNK's pixel art.