• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Biggui4yew

Permanently banned for using a prohibited email.
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I personally loved it from the first E3 gameplay demo. It gave off that "fight or flight" approach with WWZ zombies which not much games have now. Also love the fact that it's open world and Biker based. The second E3 demo was also great, highlighting the environmental elements to thin out hordes and manipulate them. Many people loved it, but some hard cores are a little iffy with it. I can understand if it's zombies, but this game is looking like it will break the mold and give us something new.

What do you guys think?

Tsuyu

Oct 25, 2017
I think it will find an audience with the masses. Reception and exposure seems favorable.

But for me personally, zombies are so last Thursday.

KZXcellent

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I can see a lot of amazing tech on display with all the zombies and whatnot but the setting bores me to tears at this point. Hope it ends up good but I have next to no interest.

LegalEagleMike

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I think the way the enemies move in hordes could really make for some great moments but so far the demonstrations have done nothing for me.

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
it's a very impressive game that I have almost no interest in actually playing. I hope it does well because Bend is a very talented team, but I doubt I'll be picking it up.

Mezoly

Jimbo Replacement
Oct 25, 2017
I need to see more. I like zombie games and open world games even when they are Ubisoft Generic open world.

DarKaoZ

Oct 25, 2017
I want it to be good, but for some reason I can't get exited for it. Hopefully I'm wrong and it will be amazing.

TiG

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Gameplay wise, I'm impressed with the systemic gameplay. The horde and way all the systems interact, if done right, can lead to emergent gameplay.
The story however is where I'm more apprehensive. I'm curious to see how they make Decon unique.

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
The first trailer really blew me away, I especially liked the monologue. Subsequent footage has seemed really interesting, though I'm mostly interested in how the story elements pan out.

Overall though I'm quite excited for the game and I hope it turns out to be good.

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A lot of what they've been saying in interviews and previews (that most people don't usually see compared to stage demos) sounds intriguing but even I'll admit they've done a poor job showing it in action. I shouldn't have had to find out about a lot of the survival elements and that your bike uses gas from a small website interview that info should have been included in their demonstrations. Instead their demos have left people feeling like it's just a generic open world game. I'm keeping it on my radar though and hoping it turns out well.

Toa Axis

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
The player's capability to corral and manipulate the huge hordes of zombies to seize certain gameplay opportunities is pretty neat, but the setting and core gameplay really don't do anything to strike any sort of interest in me. You have your obligatory apocalypse setting with your obligatory tortured protagonist, the obligatory stealth and crafting systems, etc.

I do realize that execution of these elements matters a hell of a lot more than the sheer fact that they're present, and if I see anything in the future that looks encouraging, that would definitely be great. But the promotional material for the game--at least thus far--does nothing to meaningfully separate it from a lot of the competition (aside from the zombie crowd manipulation, which I think they need to demonstrate more of).

shepcommandr

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I like Bend as a studio, and want the game to do well, but it looks too much like TLoU with less feels and more hillbillies. It's a pretty hard pass for me at this point, unless they show off something that makes it look more unique than it does. I'm skeptical though, given that it's had 2 long gameplay demos.

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
The biker Son's of Anarchy angle is the only thing keeping me remotely interested. Just too many zombie games out there.

That zombie bear looked cool though.

Oct 25, 2017
Really depends on if there's some interesting scenarios or twists on the gameplay. From what I've seen the concept is cool, but looks like it could get bland. Also the presentation is very generic, but the tech looks cool as others have said.

Jiggy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
wherever
*shrugs*

Doesn't look particularly interesting to me, but Sony Bend is a pretty talented studio so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Looks super bland. I hope the game is good.

Perfect summary of how I feel about it currently, too. Great graphics quality, but doesn't really stand out artistically. Gameplay doesn't look insanely compelling. Doesn't help that I'm a bit burnt on zombies.

But I'm not hoping it fails. I'm hoping it surprises me. I will be relying on other people's impressions and reviews when it finally comes out, though.

Jawbreaker

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Incredibly generic, it's like a PlayStation Greatest Hits package.

1*unIFk56l1kMSi4DxNs4hbA.gif

EekumBokum

Oct 25, 2017
It looks... fine? I'm sure it will be a good game, but all the showings so far feel very tech demoey/vertical slicey. I'd much rather see like a 30 minute gameplay session of just someone playing, rather than the extremely focused stage showings, but I assume that stuff will all come closer to release.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's interesting but it's rough and probably the roughest 1st party showing of Sony. I just want to see how you could play around the systems and how it differentiate itself with other zombie games out there. I hope it really does well since I love Bend

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
I think it looks cool but I accept the possibility that it could be kind of pedestrian. The fact that there are hordes of zombies that can organically come after you and that humans leave traps you can fall into is really cool.

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't look particularly exciting to me. None of the demos/ trailers have really seemed that motivating, and the features read like a checklist of standard modern stuff. It's even got the "Sony loves to make sad dad games with pretty outdoor scenery" thing going on.

OP
OP
Biggui4yew

Biggui4yew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Incredibly generic, it's like a PlayStation Greatest Hits package.
Not sure if generic is what I would call it. Not many games could have literal hundreds of fast running zombie ai with bikers. You could say that the gameplay is a little generic, but than again so is Tlou and Uncharted and those are some of the best games around.

Goose Se7en

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm hoping Bend is able to deliver with this game. It looks good and I like Sam Witwer as the protagonist but I have a feeling that'll tank critically.

I don't even remember the last time Bend had a home console release.

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
I hope it turns out well - I feel like the announcement of The Last of Us 2 really took some wind out it's sails. I think the mob zombie mechanics and the motorcycle angle seems unique. But it's a bit generic from first impression - hoping for the best.

Juan29.Zapata

Oct 25, 2017
Colombia
I think it looks good. But they really ought to show more. I'm also worried for Bend since this has had quite a complicated development, if rumors are true. I'm worried that if this flops, Bend is done for.

Dinobot

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Looks super bland. I hope the game is good.
Yeah that was my impression. I feel like the the game got greenlit during the golden zombie era of video games (Dead Space, Left for Dead, Last of Us, etc) around 2012 or so and now there's genre fatigue.

Looks uninspired. Like generic AAA TPS. I hope it surprises me but the two gameplay demos we've seen weren't really that impressive.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Has potential but like most Sony exclusives I'll most likely skip it. Also even though it has nothing to do with Naughty Dog the thing still kind of gives of Last of Us vibes to me.

OP
OP
Biggui4yew

Biggui4yew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm hoping Bend is able to deliver with this game. It looks good and I like Sam Witwer as the protagonist but I have a feeling that'll tank critically.

I don't even remember the last time Bend had a home console release.
Long time if I remember. Their last game was Uncharted: Golden Abyss, a vita game. But that game was decent, and I expect this one to be even better.

Deleted member 1722

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
I've got high hopes, but am worried I guess? Its gonna need more than the tech of course, seems stupid to say that. But from the videos I saw a year or so ago it still seemed to be in need of a real strong identity. It will likely be awesome.