• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
It has potential. Doesn't have that hook from what they've shown so far, but I believe in Sony Bend and I want to see them succeed. Plus, I've been looking for a game like this to fill the void that the Dead Rising games were never quite able to.

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
I'm interested in it but they haven't shown much of the open world yet so it's hard to say if it'll be any good or not. If it's just another game that has a big open world with a lot of filler content dotted across the map I'll give it a miss.

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll play it for the zombies. I'm a sucker for zombies. I just like them in games.

We have a lot of zombie games, and a lot of open world games, and we have a lot of AAA games, but we don't have a lot of zombie open world AAA games.

Dingotech

Oct 25, 2017
Im excited for it! I'm not fussed if people think the Zombie theme is played-out.

The whole mercenary/motorcycles/apocalypse wrapping is all sorts of appealing to me personally.

I can't wait to explore that world and see what ways we can utilise the hordes in the gameplay.

GAFISBETTER

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played it but it does look really cool. Wasn't much of a fan of the reveal gameplay, but the more recent one really caught my interest. Looking forward to it

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
Generic world and a tough to shake "been there done that" feeling is all over this thing.

Still, I think it could be a blast to play.

OléGunner

Oct 25, 2017
Airborne Aquarium
I'm genuinely excited for Days Gone.
The horde technology, eco system dynamics, graphics and biker gang angle all tick boxes for me.
Sandbox gameplay opportunities could make this really fun to play.

I'm now very curious about the story, I hope its something very compelling akin to HZD.

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks incredible. The last extended demo they did where it started snowing really sold me. Love how that path plays out completely different to the first path they showed. Snow affecting bike controls is good too.

I'm hyped for it, game looks gorgeous.

Sasliquid

Oct 25, 2017
It looks like a solid 7/8 outta 10. I like Bend but I can't see how it could really blow me away

Oct 25, 2017
I'm genuinely excited for Days Gone.
The horde technology, eco system dynamics, graphics and biker gang angle all tick boxes for me.
Sandbox gameplay opportunities could make this really fun to play.

Yeah the horde stuff is what has me at the very least keeping a curious eye on it. If nothing else, it'll be an interesting game to see in motion.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Really looking forward to it, Bend normally make good games. I'll be there day 1.

The graphics look good for an open world game and while it's not a totally original concept, it looks like it will be a good game and the horde mechanic is very cool.

Reven Wolf

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It looks like a solid 7/8 outta 10. I like Bend but I can't see how it could really blow me away
Ironically some of my favourite games have been 7/10 8/10 stuff.

Everything from Dead Space 2 to Divinity 2 Eco Draconis. I guess it's just that my expectations don't get carried away so I'm usually pleasantly surprised.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
I'm excited to play it, but the game is the next The Order 1886.

Remember this post for later.

Dash

Oct 25, 2017
Overfatigued with post-apocalyptia these days, but then I had the same reaction to The Last of Us. Kept stopping at the 4 hour mark restarting it year after year, and then afterwards it became one of my favourite games of last-gen playing the re-master. Perhaps this will be similar and have characters worth caring a damn for.

Talapia

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
The idea seems to be one note. Fighting a swarm of zombies seems like a cool technical achievement, but it's one that I imagine someone creating in a UE4 demo more than it being a fully fledged game. Not really a compelling idea imo

kaospilot

Oct 25, 2017
I was kinda of down on it when I first heard about it, but after the E3 stuff I think it looks like it could be pretty good. I'm keeping an eye on it.

Dusky

Oct 25, 2017
I think it will do well, but can't say I'm excited for it at all. Unfortunately I couldn't think of a more bland setting and generic protagonist, so it was an immediate turn off for me.
The initial reveal at E3 was one of the worst demos I saw at the show that year. The demo shown this year was better but did nothing to grab me either.

Hopefully Bend can prove me wrong as I would hate for this to be unsuccessful (like any game). I will definitely give it a short when it's out baring any issues but for now it's at the bottom of my list I'd say.

LoyalPhoenix

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
it interested me because its the same dude from the Force Unleased but every time they have shown it since which i think is twice? It has looked more and more mediocre for me. Probably still a rent, i do think the massive horde of zombies looks cool but with DeadRising 3 back in 2013 massive zombie horde doesn't do to much even tho yes they have more in this.

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
The systems seem potentially interesting but the cost of paint doesn't. I dislike biker aesthetics and the American country vibe, and it feels like the type of setting is already well explored in other works. We'll see.

sym30l1c

Oct 25, 2017
It looks like a fairly generic post-apocalyptic game with zombies to me. The main protagonist also looks very generic and uninteresting.
I know it's early, but I haven't seen anything yet that has made me think I might care about the world or the story. So far it just looks like: generic biker, lost love of his live, tough world, need to survive.
I really hope we get to see more soon and it turns out to be good.

Wolf of Yharnam

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Agreed 100%. I'm just hoping that like The Order, it doesn't end up in $5-20 bins with no chance of a sequel (if the game warrants one).

Don't think it will looking at the nature of the game: open world published by Sony. The Order got torn apart before release because of its short playtime and linearity which was undeserved. It was a great cinematic experience, sad the way it ended. A sequel would have been cool

M4n

Oct 25, 2017
Leon, Spain
I think it's >that open world again, looks a bit bland and boring to me, based on what has been shown in E3. We'll see when it comes out.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
i found it felt very forgettable, unfortunately i think a lot of people are just burnt out on things that look similar

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
I want it to be good but it does give a lot of vibes that it could be very bland.

That being said, it could also have a really good story about survival and the people of the universe we haven't seen yet and that I'm really looking for it to have

OP
OP
Biggui4yew

Biggui4yew

Permanently banned for using a prohibited email.
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i found it felt very forgettable, unfortunately i think a lot of people are just burnt out on things that look similar
That's what most think of it, unfortunately. Not that I don't understand, but it's a shame. feel like it's being under appreciated than it should be.

thevid

Puzzle Master
Oct 25, 2017
My worry is that the open world will be shallow and the story won't be strong enough to drag me through it. Would love to be proven wrong on both counts because I like the concept.

Haelsly

Oct 25, 2017
I got more interested the more I saw of it. Since their last showing it's become a title I'm really looking forward to.

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
I'd love to be proven wrong but it just looks like something we don't need. We have enough zombie-centric games. Of all the upcoming PS4 games I 'd have to say I have the least amount of interest in this one.

TLOU2 is going to overshadow this game anyway. Gameplay mechanics and whatnot may end up being really cool, but I just wish they chose a different setting and not more zombies while you're out in the woods. Seems pretty bland.

If I do end up playing it won't be right at launch.

noomi

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Not sure how I feel yet, e3 demo was nice but I think I've had my fill of zombies in this decade.

Unless story/gameplay are amazing I might hold off for a bit.

Hype killed

PhilouFelin

Account closed at user request.
Oct 25, 2017
I really like the Zombie Hordes mechanic, never seen anything like that. That's definitely the highlight in a game that otherwise seems a bit generic to me.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Looks really boring and by the numbers from what they've shown. The E3 demo this year was better compared to the one from the year before, which was just every single zombie trope mashed together to make a game. I expect it to get 8s at minimum since it's a 1st party story driven game and I also expect to not enjoy it much at all.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Nothing really stood out to me besides the first trailer with the amount of zombies on the screen but that seem to be scaled back in this E3 showing. But I hope they do end up making a good game.

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
I think i'm going to wait for the reviews on this one. It certainly seems like it has some potential, but it's also a tired genre to me. I've been watching the trailers and my interest is definitely piqued, it just doesn't seem like despite all we've seen we really know all that much about it.