• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Badllama

Oct 25, 2017
So I just finished inquisition after what feels like years of rerolling. There were a lot of good things about the game, but a lot of things they really need to work on for the next installment to make it even better.

Some people have lost faith in Bioware, after Andromeda, but I hope they learn from their mistakes. That said, What do you hope to see? Could be storywise or gameplay.

LegalEagleMike

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Bring on Tevinter.

Also more fleshed out region quests and no gating that requires participation in any collectathons.

Heckler456

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I really like what they did with the base building. I hope they manage to do something like that, but much improved.

And the rumor was that it'd be based around Teveninter, no? I really like the idea of a large part of the game being a huge city like Minrathous.

cvbas

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I'd love for it to be less AAA.

RPG-heavy, no fetch quests, decent and deep writing, single-player only... I'm not too hopeful, but maybe after Andromeda flopping so hard EA will allow Bioware to just do its thing on a more limited budget? The ressurgence of CRPGs proves that there is a market for that.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'd like to see them dial back on the MMO fetch quest-y filler stuff. Also, I should have a jetpack or a flying horse or a spell that summons a flying horse with a jetpack becuase I hate not being able to just go over a mountain that's in my way MOVE I WILL JUMP DIAGONALLY UNTIL YOU MOVE

ahem

Mostly I hope there, y'know, is one. I'm Paranoid Petey after Mass Effect took an eleven foot deep dive into a ten foot deep pool.

data

Oct 25, 2017
Though I have lost faith in Bioware after Inquisition and Andromeda, if we were to talk about what we hope for:

Remove a lot of the fetch quests and condense the game map. Density > Area

Azzanadra

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Honestly? Just return to the style of Origins, not just in gameplay but in style as well. Inquisition has this feeling of being a bit too...colorful? Its hard to describe but it lost that medieval edge in the first two games, opting for a more "fantasyish" tone and atmosphere.

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Though I have lost faith in Bioware after Inquisition and Andromeda, if we were to talk about what we hope for:

Remove a lot of the fetch quests and condense the game map. Density > Area

I understand Andromeda but what was the issue with DAI? It had empty content but it had a huge amount of genuine content. Much more than DA2.

With that being said, I expect DA4 might be the last game from Bioware as I recognize it.

Last edited:

Yeul

Oct 25, 2017
Probably the most obvious would have to be a fully-fledged Minrathous. I think everyone expected something like that with Val Royeaux in DA:I, but given cross-gen constraints and other dev difficulties it didn't turn out and all we got was that central marketplace.
Other than that one thing on my wishlist would be dual-protags, but that's a pretty common one given where Trespasser ended up.

CrazyDude

Oct 25, 2017
More well thought out quests, and maybe get rid of open world? I think that is part of the reason we had some many fetch quests.

Rigby

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
More Origins, less Inquistion, and completly remove the WoW fetch quest style.

selfnoise

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope for a direct sequel from Trespasser that allows me to carry my character forward, but I know that's likely a pipe dream.

i do think that the open world from the first game was very poorly implemented, but I think there's likely no going back to a more linear style. I hope they start over with a clean piece of paper, both from Inquisition and also from Andromeda.

Darmik

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of the features they had to cut from Inquisition thanks to last gen sound pretty interesting. I'd love to shape up areas depending on the choices I make.

Mezoly

Jimbo Replacement
Oct 25, 2017
More condensed quality content even if it meant much less than DA:I. The maps need to be diverse, no desert only map or snow only map.

Grewitch

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I'd like for them to progress their customization features further, more depth and ease of use. Ditch the mmo style crap quests, fetch quests, and implement more meaningful story quests, like short stories that detail the world or people.

I'd be okay with that. And if it was set in Tevinter, all the better.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I like the building your base aspect of the game. Should go even further and make it like suikoden where the sidequest involve collecting member for your base that will expand and add new minigames for your base.

Like give me gambling, cooking, bath house, fishing, gardening etc to my base.

data

Oct 25, 2017
I understand Andromeda but what was the issue with DAI? It had empty content but it had a huge amount of genuine content. Much more than DA2.

With that being said, I expect DA4 might be the last game from Bioware as I recognize it.

DAI was much better than DA2.

But the areas felt vast and empty. I enjoyed the banter, but there was just something about it that didn't click with me.

hemtae

Oct 25, 2017
Bioware needs to decide whether to go full tactical real-time with pause or action combat otherwise combat is just going to be a mess like DA2 or DAI. Say what you will about the last two Mass Effect games but combat was the least of their problems.

Questing wise, they made one of the best in the genre once upon a time. Learn from BG2.

Visually, I liked the different zones of Inquisition. I've just felt companion design lacking ever since they've moved to Frostbite. I think I heard Frostbite doesn't do hair well so I don't know how they're going to deal with that.

Pure fan service, but is also like to see what the Warden is doing beyond farting around in the Deep Roads.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, I loved DA:I so more of that would be great. If I had to tweak it though I'd probably say a bit less effort on the expanded fetch quest content and a few more focused areas. They could have taken out one or two entire areas if it meant more focused quest line story. Even just one or two more bits and the balance would be great. Honestly with the DLC the game is pretty perfect.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
also, since they've been trying to make all their rpg more action based. just go all out and make it a proper action game. give me a full parry timing mechanic/ weak-strong button combination / launcher etc for melee based class. and for ranged archer and mage character, make it like Horizon Zero Dawn combat where various weapon and elemntal arrow become spell types in Dragon Age.

also, add combination skill somehow with your teammate. like when a team mate use certain skill, if you timed it right with your attack, could create combo or combination move.

kirin

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully they will take the foundation of Inquisition combat system and balance and refine it a bit more. Mechanically Inquisition combat system wasn't bad. It just felt off, schizophrenic, it struggles between an action rpg game with whole repeat mouse click1 for primary attack and use of the tactical view and tactics from the past games. IMO It really does struggle with what it wants to be in terms of combat. Also, it too easier to solo the game (NIghtmare) with the broken ass barrier and armor regen.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Save transferring to bring over the inquisitor, definitely. Though I'd hope it wouldn't look bad with the inevitable graphical overhaul.

TI92

Alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, the combat needs an entire rework. It should be action oriented, make it hack and slashy for melee fighters and more immediate and fun for casters/ranged users.

The game seems in-between tactical and MMO style and isn't fun at all imo

Terra Firma

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
More dialogue options, like in Origins, that actually have significant effects, fewer fetch quests - hated the MMORPG aspect of Inquisition.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
Assuming DA4 will be an open world game, I hope they condense the open world aspects. There was just way too much in DA:I and almost all of it was not worth doing. Give us less, and make it more meaningful. Deus Ex HR and MD are good examples, as is TW3 (of course, lol). The side quests in those games tended to feel important, and usually had interesting stories. The side quests in DA:I absolutely did not. The side quests in DA:I that had more of a narrative hook were extremely thin and unrewarding.

Narratively, I hope they retain the option to play as non-humans. Bringing back the blood mage specialization and (finally) making it recognized by characters, and making it a true role playing option would be lovely. I also want more and more companion content, especially inner-party relationships (not romantic), something DA:I's banter was pretty good at (when it wasn't bugged).

DeusOcha

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Osaka, Japan
Honestly even though I enjoyed DA:I, the franchise is near dead to me and I don't see it ever returning to it's DA:O roots. Open-world isn't BioWare's strength but they keep doing it.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Remove the fetch quest bloat and expand the base building.

They either go full action rpg ala Dragon's Dogma or go back to DA1 roots, this middle of the road solution isn't gonna cut it since we're just getting both on mediocre quality. Plus they did it with Mass Effect 1 -> 2/3.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
Personally, I'm very eager for Scout Harding to be a companion. We need more female dwarves in our fantasy.

Feel like I'm the only female dwarf in WoW at times.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
They're going to have take influence from Witcher 3 side quests and a lot of other games should.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love Inquisition and it's dlc, but there are definitely problems. Side quests need to be written in more detail and have their characters fleshed out like they matter. Make them meaningful and have them blend into the main story in an organic way.
Make all the combat fields about a third smaller. They didn't need to be that big.
Have it be a direct sequel to the Tresspasser dlc.
Add Morrigan to the playable team again.

YeezySon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
I honestly don't care what they do with the game, as long as the choices and consequences are there, and there's not a whole lot of filler quests like in DAI

Violet Wren

Oct 25, 2017
Burn it all down and start over. Dragon Age Origins was my favorite RPG of last gen, and it absolutely kills me to see how it has been handled since. They need to go back to the crpg roots. Lots of player agency without the trappings of modern AAA menial task grinds. Lots of gear and character/class build potential. Go back to the KOTOR/DA:O combat system, not the half assed actiony system of Inquisition. Hell, even 2 was better than that. They could stand to learn a thing or two from Piranha Bytes.

ChaseMcClerkin

Honestly I still want more of Morrigan's story and what exactly her, child, and champion are up too after the events of 1 and even after inquisition....

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Better combat - either go real deep RTwP or just go full action. Stop trying to appease both sides cause it doesn't work.

Better main story - they've got great world building, fun and interesting characters, but they've struggled with making interesting and worthwhile main quests. A big part of the problem is that everything needs to world changing with you at the center. If this is the last entry, at least for some time, they can probably get away with it better, but it still not easy.

Better side quests - they need to spend real time making their side content more integrated and consistent with the quality and level of development as the main quest and companions. MMO style fetch quests ain't going to cut it anymore.

Better relationships - a lot of fans won't like this but they need to make relationships less wish fulfillment and more varied, which they did to a degree in Inquisition. But they need to do more; real dead ends, tragic endings, one sided, etc. Explore the nuance and pain real relationships can bring.

Crafting that doesn't break loot - crafting was a pain in Inquisition and it ruined lot drops. Nothing you found was ever very good compared to what you could make and nothing you made ever really felt super unique or special.

RexNovis

Oct 25, 2017
Origins is among my favorite games of all time as are the Baldur's Gate and Neverwinter games. So when I say that Dragon Age Inquisition sapped any excitement I had left for bioware or dragon age please understand just how big of a deal that is. Truth is I just have 0 interest in the style of games Bioware is intent on making these days. Unless they do an about face and completely change their open world design schemes I'll be skipping it entirely. And to be honest that's not something I ever thought I'd say about any Bioware game 8 years ago.

smokey5604

Oct 25, 2017
Colorado
I haven't had the urge to actually finish Inquisition, but my only hope for another entry is to ditch the crumby action-style combat and actually flesh it out into something works instead of a half-baked 4 button MMO. Speaking of MMOs, please just do away with massive open areas with nothing in them and a treasure trove of collectibles/fetch quests. The first game was a much tighter experience imo, it just needed a bit more polish to make it a 10/10 RPG game.

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I would like to get an interesting game that I can play without falling asleep. I stopped playing 4 somewhere in the middle because it was just too boring.

Last edited:

jony

Oct 25, 2017
I really do hope so. I would like more of the longer or more involved quests rather than open world lite areas with boring fetch quests and towers.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Personally I want to see the consequences of the whole "Solas is a literal God yo" plotiline and what that'll mean for the world itself *. A return to Ferelden would be greatly welcomed IMO (the 2 and Inquisition didn't feel as fun to explore IMO, but that could have been more to due with how the games worked). I would also like a return to the Origins style gameplay, not that Inquisition was bad or anything but it wasn't quite the same.

As for the companion side of things, in terms of romances and whatnot, I only minded a bit in 2, felt like some of the relationships there were a bit "forced" however I usually don't care one way or the other. In that regard I say give the people in general what they want as I'm personally OKAY with whatever they do. However I'd like to get a trio of companions with banter on the level of Morrigan, Alistair and Ohgren. That was glorious (and fun lol).

All in all, just want a good game. Inquisiton was a great big step in that direction, it's not my favourite of the 3 but it's a lot better than whatever 2 was supposed to be.

* Big Note: I didn't play any of the DLC, so not sure if that has or hasn't been adressed yet.