• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dandy

Oct 25, 2017
I want them to figure out a proper "tactical cam." It was my biggest gameplay issue with DAI. It was so clunky and unusable.

Persephone

Oct 25, 2017
A more focused (yet still open, with backtracking, secret areas, optional quests, etc.) Trespasser-esque experience would be great. Also, if Dorian doesn't come back in some form I will riot. Also, I want to murder-knife Cullen.

shimon

Oct 25, 2017
Return to the many things that made Origins special. For example I want a proper Deep Roads section,not the shit we got in DA2. The multiple,smaller maps of DR in Origins were great.

Can't wait for Tevinter,hopefully it won't be a disappointment.

Nall

Oct 25, 2017
Personally, I'd like too see them bring the Warden back. Hawke had a decent appearance in DAI, but we only heard little snippets on the Warden.

Fewer fetch quests and scale back on the number of areas too.

And more Leliana.

CampFreddie

A King's Landing
Oct 25, 2017
Dandy and Persephone above are spot on.
The camera made combat really awkward. It was a weird hybrid of 3rd person action game and tactical-pause combat.
The open world needs to be planned a lot more carefully, or scrapped entirely. A smaller game, with fewer, better battles is better than a sprawling open world with endless trash-mobs.

The open world is absolute hell for player investment in questlines unless the devs plan things carefully. ME:A was even worse.
DA:I felt like walking round a shopping mall, ticking items off your shopping list while being constantly pestered by a child who wants you to buy all the trashy toys that you know they'll play with once and never mention again.
Or like watching a movie with a child who isn't interested and keeps interrupting to ask for things (can you tell I have kids?)
The strength of earlier Bioware games was that you'd have a focused quest that you cared about, while sidequests could be solved along the way. Most importantly, the other "main" quests were put out of mind until you'd solved your current quest.
With DA:I and especially ME:A, you'll have a dozen main quests active simultaneously and all at various stages of completion. You'll constantly come back to a quest, spend 10 minutes reading dialogue and trying to remember what the hell it was about, progress the quest for maybe 15 minutes, then be told to return to your base to continue the next step. So instead you switch to a different nearby quest because you don't want 10 minutes of loadscreens and traversal just to get the instructions for the next step.
ME2 was excellent due to it's mission structure, which meant that for the next hour you'd be completely focused on a single story (with a few optional side-stories involved).

I'd also like to see better dialogue. The dialogue wheels don't work when you just get lots of ways to say the same thing, with maybe a clear binary choice at the end. The dialogue feels really unnatural and 'gamey'. It doesn't make me feel invested in the character just because I choose the tone of the conversation:
Yes sir!(professional), Sure whatever (casual), We'll do it together (empathy), Just don't get in my way (renegade), Can we bang afterwards? (romance)
In contrast, the indie RPGs (Tyranny springs to mind) have done really well in making good dialogue with good choices.

So: Better combat/control system, focused quests, more interesting dialogue.

Karu

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
To not repeat the story mistakes from Inquisition. How they could botch it so much after the incredible first act, I do not know.

Less fetch quest/open world blabla.

Fun, challenging combat.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
I fully expect a new hero, being a new game. But it would be nice if my old Inquisitor played a somewhat meaningful role, as a NPC.

Durante

Dark Souls Man
Oct 24, 2017
I'm one of the "lost confidence in Bioware" people, but what I'd like to see is:
  • More subtlety and real choice in character dialogue and overall story structure
  • A combat system actually designed for party-based and position-based tactical battles. This includes everything from skill design over UI to individual encounter setups.
I'm not very confident any of this will happen. But I also don't care nearly as much as I did in the DA2 times, there are too many good choices for my preferences now.

Apoptomon

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I'd like to see northern Thedas, what's going on with the Dread Egg, and origins that are more involved than DAI's war table missions.

LinLeigh

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of things and I basically lost faith in bioware but the biggest thing would be an actual city.

The places in origins felt so much more alive and bigger than dai.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
Quality over quantity when it comes to open worlds. Half the areas in Inquisition were optional, and just didn't have that much in them frankly. I'd rather less areas and more quality content. In general I felt most of the side quests were a bit lackluster. Also the main story felt kind of short to me, to be honest.

Give more control over party members and/or make the AI better. The 2H Warrior AI was just awful for example, I made my character that, and If I swapped to a different character for more than a minute without tactical mode on, he'd be almost dead. Even in the tactical mode, I didn't always feel like I had full control. I remember Dragons were a problem because there's lots of AoE around, you'd tell them to move out of it and stay there, but they's still go running back into AoE anyway.

Luxorek

Oct 25, 2017
Poland
Hope to see? A lot of things. Expect to see? Nah.

• less areas - bigger focus on filling said areas with quality content. No more bs shards to collect, no endless requisition quests, less mobs. Questlines that don't begin with some notes scattered on the ground and end abruptly with little sense of accomplishment. Seemless open world isn't necessary.
  • a big, open city - Think Novigrad in TW3. Since the game is supossedly gonna take place in Tevinter it would be great to actually get a Roman inspired city hub and not a dissapointment like Val Royeux
  • combat system that actually feels like it was designed with party control in mind and not as an afterthought. It's just such a stepback from what you could do in Origins. Bioware must decide if they want to give us a Witcheresque combat or something more in vain of previous games, a hybrid system won't do.

Almeister

Oct 25, 2017
I don't want to unite a bunch of factions as the overarching narrative. That is all I ask.

A Tevinter spy network setting would be cool. I want to be a magic Michael Thorton.

nDesh

The Three Eyed Raven
Oct 27, 2017
First post. Sorry for any badly written post, english is not my native languaje.

To be sincere I'm quite worried about this game because of the implications of Mike Laidlaw departure, before that I was expecting something akin to The Witcher 3's Velen area, one big, well-realized city, Minrathous, with some other areas surrounding. Dragon Age II done well if you want to call it that.
Also, the prospect of similar graphics to Anthem is salivating.

Now I think that EA put its hands on it and it will be... something else, well, all of you who read the Visceral's demise thread should know what I'm thinking.

So yeah I'm worried, Dragon Age has my favorite ongoing plot, lore and world in gaming at this moment.

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh
Biggest thing for me is a greater loot system, maybe even a nice dose of static but incredible rare drops. Just a more diverse loot system for me is what I want.

The_Monk

Oct 26, 2017
I would like to see less quests but the ones that they give to be more interesting and filled with a side story and content. I would like to see less "go there and get me 10 of these" sort of quests. Aside of that, I would love for more different types of scenarios, filled with heavy rain, snow, day and night cycles and many other similar effects. I only finished the main game, never played the DLC back then.

Oct 26, 2017
- Return to the dark-fantasy of DA: Origins, Inquisition was too "colorful".
- The game obviously will be an Open World, just i hope with less fetch quests and more meaningful quests, mosttly related to NPCs
- I want to visit the Tevinter Empire with one or two big cities and only one map.
- MORE DRAGONS, Inquisition dragons were so good and i want more.
- A better combat system, i'm ok with inquisition cs, but i want better hitboxes and more gore, please give me back the executions i missed them. Give me the tactical camera and elemental combos.
I really want a dark and bloody fantasy RPG, with one big map, two cities a better combat system, new companions, i want Varric back and let me romance with dwarves and fight big Dragons.
EDIT. And bring back the Hero of Ferelden, not sure if the Inquisitior will be the main protagonist, but i think we will have another hero.

Ragnarsson

Oct 27, 2017
Lisbon, Portugal
I'm currently playing Dragon Age Inquisition, I'm roughly 10 hours into the game, and I'm really enjoying it despite its many flaws - therefore, it goes without saying that I would love those flaws to be addressed in a sequel. So far, these two aspects stood out the most:

- Combat needs to be reinvented. As it stands, it's a weird compromise between the action feel of DA2 and the tactical approach of Origins that hardly satisfies anyone. It's not that much fun as an action game (it's clunky, the lock-on system doesn't work very well, at the beginning I was having trouble hitting foes because of that) and it's far from great at delivering a tactical experience (the tactical camera doesn't work most times). Coming from the amazing feel of FFXV's combat system, it's even more glaring.
- The side-quests. A few hours in, I was still exploring the Hinterlands - though I had just completed the first main story quest. I started to wonder if that was supposed to happen - so I googled it and realized it was one of the most common criticisms of the game. It's just overwhelming, too much stuff to do, too many times not that interesting (fetch quests, do X thing Y times...). I don't want Dragon Age Inquisition to be an offline MMO experience. At least, they should make an effort to present side-quests in a more enjoyable manner, instead of making you feel like an errand boy.

Rymuth

Oct 26, 2017
* Varrick - he's become the mascot of this franchise for me and I'm very attached to the character

* Hero of Ferelden - knowing my character eventually got with Morrigan was very pleasant for me. I want to see his story come to an end wherein he finally finds a cure for his condition

* Tevinter - obviously we're going there but I just wish to reiterate the point.

That's it basically. I'n more of a fan of DA's lore than its gameplay. I want them to round out the story nicely.

Whoger

Oct 25, 2017
I want to kick solas's ass, at least.

But I'm hoping for less fetching quests, more tevinter, and better developed relationships.

toku

沢山特別
Oct 25, 2017
Ne Monde
More DA:I but with less mmo styled quests. Tevinter. Less mages. Bring Cassandra back and absolutely deal with the consequences of everything surrounding Solas.

Commander_LP

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
First of all: sorry for the possible vocabulary mistakes, since English is not my main language.

I hope the next game is more focused.
Inquisition lost some of the essence of the series. And I hope they do not go back to the MMO side-quests. Inquisition had so much potential hidden behind so much fat. There were memorable quests such as Wicked Eyes and Wicked Hearts at Orlais Palace. But for every interesting quest, there were hours of tedious work.
At least the characters were interesting enough to make me finish the game. They could use Tresspasser as a template for the next DA. And whoever said Dorian should come back, you're absolutely right.

I'd like to see Hero of Ferelden again, since he's alive in my gameplay. But I've already accepted that it will never happen.