• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Topics.

• Excited !

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Nah. Vong Was better.

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Delete it.

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand
"The invasion is coming, Lord Vader. But I have now bought the Empire time to prepare."
―Thrawn, to Darth Vader

The Grysk first appeared in Timothy Zahn's 2018 canon novel Thrawn: Alliances as the primary antagonists. The Grysk share several similarities with the Yuuzhan Vong species from Star Wars Legends, who originated from Del Rey's 1999-2003 book series Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, including parallels such as both being a threat to the Chiss Ascendancy hailing from the Unknown Regions and enslaving other races. Both species are also described as having sloping foreheads and skull-like faces. A major difference, however, is that the Grysk use conventional mechanical technology rather than biotechnology.

starwars.fandom.com

Grysk

The Grysks were a warlike sentient species that lived in the Unknown Regions. According to Chiss Grand Admiral Thrawn, they should not be underestimated and, if they fled, it would be because they chose to leave the battle. Thrawn believed that the Grysks were such a danger that they posed a...

DonMigs85

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I prefer the Vong since they were true outsiders to the galaxy and the Force had no effect on them, plus their hatred of machines

Temp_User

Oct 30, 2017
For some reason, i visualize the Grysk to look more like the Noghri(the Legends version).

OP
OP
Yukari

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand
I prefer the Vong since they were true outsiders to the galaxy and the Force had no effect on them, plus their hatred of machines

I think Vong Could be Canon. Probably the same race with the Grysks but different factions (One use Techo and Other use Biotech) but I don't think they will immunity the force.

Laser Man

Oct 26, 2017
Never was into the EU but from what I've read on a wiki years ago the Vong are an outside galactic invasion force that is a third faction to the Empire and the Rebels?

They sound absolutely terrible, the fifth wheel on the Star Wars car. What is the purpose of introducing a third faction into something so simplistically structured as Star Wars?

Deleted member 9479

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What I loved about the Vong is that they were truly alien to the denizens of the Galaxy. They were wholly different in philosophy, technology, their relationship with the Force, their origin... something truly other, almost cosmic horror like in the ability of the protagonists to understand and comprehend.

The Grysk just seem watered down. Just another alien race, another would be conqueror.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
NJO is when I gave up on the post-ROTJ EU. I have this really distinct memory of reading one of the first two books in that line and thinking, this isn't fun anymore.

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Never was into the EU but from what I've read on a wiki years ago the Vong are an outside galactic invasion force that is a third faction to the Empire and the Rebels?

They sound absolutely terrible, the fifth wheel on the Star Wars car. What is the purpose of introducing a third faction into something so simplistically structured as Star Wars?

The war was over and they needed a new villain.

OP
OP
Yukari

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand

IIRC, They Need a New Bad Guy because People who follow the EU kind of bored with the Empire.