• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Your opinion on Xbox Series X design?

• Amazing!

Votes: 600 17.8%
  • Like it

Votes: 1,273 37.7%
  • Will do

Votes: 493 14.6%
  • Meh

Votes: 602 17.8%
  • What a monstrosity

Votes: 405 12.0%

• Total voters

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
tetoAQz.png
Lol

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
I like the design. I wish they would have made it more futuristic looking, but I understand why. The design resembles a PC, which may be their goal. I dont particularly care for the name. I dont think its WiiU levels of confusion, but its close.

Oct 28, 2017
I like it, it manages to be minimalist yet bold at the same time. It's simple yet still starkly different than any console design before it.

chromatic9

Oct 25, 2017
Could be a nice dual purpose device if they make a handle.

X Series Chipper

D21WaNE.jpg

Last edited:

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not a fan of it on it's side(IGN pic) looks intriguing up right, but I wonder about the light/status light at the top, where the fan is situated How visible it it when playing?. If its vertical or horizontal in a cabinet, you wont see it. In fact, you wont see it if it's anywhere but out in the open. Wish it would have a line of light on the side of it as well.

Ryu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Amazing is something different, but I really dig it. It fits our time perfectly with all those more casual, basic and easy designs (esp. Apple).

degauss

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Maybe MS have stats on the percentage of people playing on monitors / small TVs at desks VS on big TV's with shelves below them.

I like the idea if it's on a desk beside a monitor it takes up very little surface area. Looks like it would take up almost 1/4 of the surface area of my PS4 Pro. (Yeh I know I can vertically arrange the PS4 Pro.. but nahhh).

Trieu

Feb 22, 2019
It just doesn't say console to me. Even though I am a PC enthusiast aswell I do love consoles and consoles have something magical and in my mind there never look like this.

But I have to add that I am not an Xbox console customer because I always have a decent PC and Phil Spencer did an amazing thing in unifying Win10 and Xbox to a point where I can happily buy all Xbox games through the Windows Store.

As far as design for a hardware piece goes I think I like it. I would prefer if my PC looked like this compared to the bigger one I have (even though it is a smaller case) right now. Would look pretty cool on a desk, but sadly not that great on a lowboard next to my TV

GamePnoy74

Oct 27, 2017
MS hasn't shown the back of the Series X controller, no? So we don't know if it's confirmed to have paddle buttons..?

MaulerX

Oct 30, 2017
Really dig the design for various reasons. When I first saw it the first thing that came to my mind was "power". It just literally looked like a Tower of Power. Then Phil said that instead of coming up with a design then cramming whatever tech inside, they came up with the tech they wanted then build around that. So kudos to that.

And I'm not sure this was intentional, but the end result is a unique looking box that will lend itself to amazing custom versions of it. Like, there is alot of uninterrupted real estate to showcase some amazing art on. Like some people have already posted, the possibilities are endless with that.

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Some of y'all are really, really susceptible to marketing.

I think it's fine. The form factor is odd, but everyone will get over it. I hope they don't make the type of gaudy mocked up designs some have posted in this thread.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Some of y'all are really, really susceptible to marketing.

I think it's fine. The form factor is odd, but everyone will get over it. I hope they don't make the type of gaudy mocked up designs some have posted in this thread.

Why not? It's not like there's a gun to your head forcing you to have one.

Oct 26, 2017
It looks fine. I mean, it's a box. I'm a function over form person so it doesn't mean too much to me. Usually, consoles in general don't exactly stick out to me through their outer appearance

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
I like it. Wasn't sure at first because I thought it was bigger than it is. It looks like grownup tech. Less like a toy. Wouldn't call it amazing as it doesnt look revolutionary as far as hardware is concerned but I like it better than any previous console.

I wonder if they'll sell skins like they tried to do with the 360.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
Not gonna lie, I wasn't digging the design that much, but some of those wraps make it look cool as hell.

I was also a huge faceplate fan though, so what do I know...

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Always been a fan of minimalism.....tis why I loved the Xbox One S and Xbox One X.

This is fine too....I like it but cant say I love it.

Lots of potential with these custom designs.

7g9aUsM.jpg

Okay that looks really cool.
IF we are able to change the color of the exhaust LEDs the potential is really frikken high.

Ugliest fuckin' thing I've seen in a good long time...

Are you being series because its just a Rectangular cuboid(Box).....do you have some vendetta against boxes...or just Microsoft?
yes that was on purpose

They could make it like a PC with half glass/window to showcase art/hardware.

That is most likely gonna be one of the first mods we see of this console.
If the internals are packaged nicely....I for one will be putting a window on it.