• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Your opinion on Xbox Series X design?

• Amazing!

Votes: 600 17.8%
  • Like it

Votes: 1,273 37.7%
  • Will do

Votes: 493 14.6%
  • Meh

Votes: 602 17.8%
  • What a monstrosity

Votes: 405 12.0%

• Total voters

eosos

Banned
Dec 21, 2017
I'm very surprised by all the people saying that have entertainment centers and the like. Thought those were a relic of the 90s / early 00s.
I'm cool with the design, looking forward to seeing in person.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
It truly looks like a more streamlined Corsair One.

Lots of ITX cases are moving to - or have had - similar designs. NCase. Dan Case. Ghost S1. Corsair One.

It's truly a glorified mini-PC, that's monolithic enough to not be offensive in any way.

I like it because, at minimum, it's something different for consoles and likely for a reason and not just "Cause it looks cool."

SweetBellic

Oct 28, 2017
I'm not a big console guy... but that is one sexy ass console. Love how chic and minimalist it looks. Hopefully Sony follows suit with their own premium black box.

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
Like it. Looks pretty cool, but I figure it won't fit in most people's tv stands.

Wait, is this the NEW xbox and not just a redesign of the one x?

MadMike

Oct 27, 2017
It doesn't look like something that will even fit in my current setup. I don't think having such a tall device was a good idea.

XboxCowdry

alt account
Banned
Sep 1, 2019
Yeah I think you're right, definitely small compared to my own PC case in example. I guess all the memes altered my impressions a bit (and it being vertical in the presentation). Still looks beefy and beautiful, even if not that big.
It looks small sort of like one of those Apple Cube things LOL

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
If it doesn't have an external power brick and is ultimately quite, it seems more than fine to me.

I'm very surprised by all the people saying that have entertainment centers and the like. Thought those were a relic of the 90s / early 00s.

What are you talking about? Even if you mount your TV to the wall, you need somewhere to put your connected devices. Is the new fashion "set all your things on the bare floor"?

Observable

Oct 27, 2017
Wait, is this the NEW xbox and not just a redesign of the one x?
That's the first thing I thought when I woke up and just saw the picture of the console with the name 'O cool a smaller Xbox One X'. I didn't like the Xbox One name, but atleast somewhat got what they were goin for; this name is just going to cause unnecessary confusion.

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
The whole monolith look looks cool. It sucks that laying it on it's side loses that. Simple design and feel like it's a step above the previous consoles they've made.

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
I think it's a design that appeals to people moving away from having a traditional media center stand/cabinet with a bunch of horizontally-oriented devices. People who don't have home theater receivers, cable/satellite boxes, blu-ray players... They have a wall-mounted TV, soundbar, maybe an Alexa, FireTV/AppleTV on a narrow side table or shelf. If the Series X doesn't have an external power brick, and if you hook it up with a right-angled HDMI cable, it fits in pretty well with a minimalist living room setup.

Azerach

Oct 29, 2017
I like it vertically, although the disc tray looks odd so close to the edge and being vertical.. Placed horizontally this console is going to look pretty bad.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
To be fair i am glad to see it not another "basic" looking console. Its something different.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Simple and to the point, does it power on? That's all i need it to do.
I'm also the type to throw bulky otter boxes on slim phones because I don't care about design.

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
It's...fine.

I'm not blown away by it but it's not ugly either, it's just kinda unassuming. And I guess that's kind of the point. It's designed to blend in with a home theater system like the One consoles were.

I think I'd rather have a tower than a gigantic horizontal slab like the first gen Xbox One was.

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
These forums have some of the smallest tv stands/cabinets out there

It's not that I have a small TV stand. But between the TV, the sub woofer down below, the sound bar on top plus my Roku and Switch sitting on top.....

The only place I have left is on the shelves, which has been fine for the last 2 console generations. The other option would be to put it in one of the cabinets with a door on it, but that seems weird and I don't think it's good to put a hot console in an enclosed cabinet. It would also look very odd to leave the damn door open all the time lol

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
it doesnt look like much which is good i guess. more electronics that look like nothing please.

but it was a ho-hum of a reveal. i didnt even know what was happening while it was happening. i thought it was a new current gen iteration.

Deleted member 18400

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It seems like it's designed with the intent of being understated and for that purpose it's... Fine?

It's aggressively middle of the road for me.

Garcia el Gringo

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
It's simultaneously an understated slab like the X1X, but has a personality by being presented as a tower which is quirky outside of desktop PCs. I love it.

Oct 28, 2017
I actually kind of like it. It reminds me of a SFF PC, which I guess it sort of is when you think about it. Given the hardware thats going into both these next gen consoles, I'd be surprised if the PS5 is much smaller or looks drastically different.

tatwo

Oct 27, 2017
Finland
Reminds me of Corsair One prebuilt pc but nice and clean.
oj4UUjG.jpg

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
Dumbest console design I've seen in my entire life. Bland and uninspired and an awkward shape.

is it a mini tower? Is it a router? Is it a speaker? Oh it's an Xbox Series X. Okay!

Deleted member 5491

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's slick but with the rumored specs it was expected to be as big as a Mini-ITX PC.
Otherwise you couldn't cool the console without having a jet in your livingroom.
So it fits its purpose

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017
I love it actually. I think people saying it won't fit under their entertainment centers are exaggerating the size for the most part...and for those that can't fit it, it looks good for standing alone on the floor (like a PC tower).

Benjamin1981

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Doesn't fit in the lowboard in the living room. But it fits nicely besides my drawer in the bedroom. Sorry Phil, this will be a bedroom console.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
Don't get people who call it dull, ugly and boring. Minimalist design is in these days. It looks classy.

I guess some people want a crazy design like the PS5 devkit? For me that kind of thing is hideous, not this. Or God forbid the launch "fat" PS3. 😣

SUBZERO-08

Oct 25, 2017
I'd rather it be a bit flatter and wider instead. I'm not sure if it would fit in the space under my TV, to be honest. It would certainly be tight.