• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Your opinion on Xbox Series X design?

• Amazing!

Votes: 600 17.8%
  • Like it

Votes: 1,273 37.7%
  • Will do

Votes: 493 14.6%
  • Meh

Votes: 602 17.8%
  • What a monstrosity

Votes: 405 12.0%

• Total voters

Tankshell

Nov 1, 2017
If it doesn't lie flat it ain't gunna fit in my media center shelf. No place for tall upright boxes currently...

Lashes.541

Dec 18, 2017
Roseburg Oregon
It's going to work amazing for me, my scorpio is vertical next to my tv. And everything in the living room has A lot of straight edges chairs, tv stand even my couch is very rectangle shaped even for a couch.

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland
7Dtty9c.jpg

Serious Sam

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This form factor will have better thermals and noise levels than current consoles, BUT it will not fit neatly under my TV like XBX and Pro does.

severianb

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
The fact it is shallow works for me, as the current thin-but-deep consoles don't fit well on a bookshelf, which is where I want to put my console.

This thing laying on it's side fits perfectly on a standard bookshelf. Thank you, Microsoft.

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Not a fan tbh, but as long as these nextgen machines are quiet I can get over their designs.

Nacery

Jul 11, 2018
It seems to take less horizontal space wich is nice and I don't mind the increased vertical as my tv is hanged in the wall, also it looks stable enouh so my cats can't throw it to the floor.
I'm really liking the controller and I'm very interested in tha floating dpad

Nov 8, 2017
It looks fine. It's just easier to fit a flat box in people's home setups though.

Definitely a weird choice. But, Corsair sells the little tower PCs that work well so I'm not concerned about performance.

PuppetMinion

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
Not sure that would fit for me even on its side. Looks very boring, but stuff like that matters little to me.

Sid

Banned
Mar 28, 2018
The worst console design from either PS or Xbox by far, looks like the Xbox One power brick

Brohan

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Netherlands
I definitely like it. I'd have no issues with putting it on my desk on the place where my console is now. I actually think the setup would look better than it currently does and it even might free up some deskspace if i set it up like on the pictures.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
So, I said earlier that it looks both surprising and unsurprising.
It is surprising because i never expected them to go tower and it looks great on its own.

At the same time, it doesn't look "new". Coupled with the stupid name, you could just mistake it for a different version of the Xbox One X

Mantrox

Oct 27, 2017
At first it looks like a generic mini pc case, but the details do stand out.
I'm curious to see the component layout inside.
It's bound to be quiet.

Deleted member 31104

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
If the PS5 is similarly powered using the same family of components it's either going to be roughly a similar internal volume or a lot louder. MS looks to have went for a large and slow fan. Of course Sony have pulled out some really good cooling solutions before so they might pull out a curveball, but the PS4 family suggest not.

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
I like the design.
Wouldn't the vent at the top be bad for dust, though?
Hopefully there's an easy way to remove and clean it.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For such a beast of a system its supposed to be whisper quiet, so the form factor facilitates that. That was the sensible choice, and they've made it look good. Let's see how Sony packs all that meat for PS5 .

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
I like it. Surface area is likely smaller than current consoles, Foot tall and half a foot wide at any angle is my sweet spot. Meanwhile the seamless black monolith is super clean compared to the chunky layers of the PS4 or the Two Tone Xbox One, looks way more premium.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Simple and practical. Just the way a console ought to be. Be able to fit and look good in any space.

Megabreath

Oct 25, 2018
It might grow on me, but I don't like it. Shame as the Xbox One S and X are great designs.

The shape of it is really impractical to me.

CaVaYeRo

Oct 31, 2017
Looks pretty much like the HP PC I bought just a year ago, tough my PC looks even more Xbox-ish...

c05971458_1750x1285.jpg

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really like the very subtle call-back to the 360 design with the inhale-like curve each end.

RobotsAnger

Oct 29, 2017
Looks fantastic vertically but meh horizontally. Unfortunately my tv cabinet can only support it horizontally.

Zemst

Oct 27, 2017
Even if they wanted to go with a tower like design it could have been better stylistically. It's the same problem but has with OG xb1 even when PS4 looked somewhat similar.

AkIRA_22

Oct 29, 2017
It's nice. Would be nice on my entertainment unit next to my TV, as a feature. But I'll be getting a PS5. It's obviously got a Mac Pro (trash can) cooling configuration, which is actually incredibly efficient.

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
the look is well on its way to delivering the cheque the name is trying to cash.

its like if the game cube looked as imposing and otherworldly as that name implied, instead of looking like a lunchbox

Oct 25, 2017
YKGWIzP.jpg

I assume a hell of a lot of people buy TV stands and put their consoles in them. I own this one. Hell, even Ikea's official picture from their website here has an Xbox One in one of the slots.

For reference, this Hemnes TV stand (I have a 65 inch TV on top of it) is just a tiny bit wider than the width of a 65 inch TV. No space for anything on the ends at all. That TV in the pic is like for a 40 inch TV or something.

All I can say is that I think a lot of people will be struggling to find places to put them - especially the kids whose parents are not going to buy new furniture to accommodate their stupid game thingy.

Now, look - I don't hate the design. I just think this won't go over very well. Of course, that shouldn't be a reason NOT to innovate, but...

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like a PC tower.

But the good thing is it can double as a place to put your drink while you game.

Golvellius

Banned
Dec 3, 2017
YKGWIzP.jpg

I assume a hell of a lot of people buy TV stands and put their consoles in them. I own this one. Hell, even Ikea's official picture from their website here has an Xbox One in one of the slots.

All I can say is that I think a lot of people will be struggling to find places to put them - especially the kids whose parents are not going to buy new furniture to accommodate their stupid game thingy.

Now, look - I don't hate the design. I just think this won't go over very well. Of course, that shouldn't be a reason NOT to innovate, but...
There seems to be a lot of space next to the TV. Maybe I am blind...

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
YKGWIzP.jpg

Tbh isn't kinda dangerous to put a modern console is such a tight space? This screens overheating to me.