• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Z-oo31

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 12, 2018
The types of careers where people respond with "Oh... [plain_face]" whenever a person with that career tells others what they do for a living.

SillyGoose

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hmm maybe custodian. But I feel like most people give them a lot of respect. Even in high school people were overly nice to the janitors.

On second thought, I hate door to door salesmen or people on the street trying to sell you shit.

hoserx

Oct 27, 2017
Ohio
As long as you're legally earning money, there shouldn't be any career that isn't respectable. Hard work is respectable.

dennett316

Nov 2, 2017
Blackpool, UK
Traffic wardens...not sure what they're called in America actually, the ones who give out tickets when you park illegally. They're pretty hated worldwide, I feel.
The taxman.
Police is probably up there.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
The servise industry and factory workers. Pretty much any unskilled labor that anyone with a 4th grade education can do is not going to get a lot of respect in general.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Fniallmccarthy%2Ffiles%2F2018%2F01%2F20180103_Trusted_Jobs.jpg

Somewhat different context, but it gives you a general idea.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Mailmen. I don't like how they visit me my mailbox and open it like it's theirs or something. Get your own mailbox, nerd.

Fanatic

Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
Yeah the politicians that get to decide where to deploy makes me agreeable with this. Even though I am an Afghan vet that have had to make considerable sacrifices.

If the military actually worked on a system of morality I would highly disagree.

With the state of the world though I'm inclined to agree. Don't judge me too hard please, I was 20 when I deployed and the propaganda had done it's job on me already.

Shiloh

Oct 25, 2017
I work in insurance, and I'm thinking I'm pretty low on the list based on people's reactions when I tell them what I do.