• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

thelongestj

Oct 27, 2017
I'm surprised no one has said Avatar sequels yet.

But in seriousness, I think a trend that might take off is movies like the video game Late Shift where the audience gets to decide how the movie turns out based on how people vote. People won't stop looking at their phones anyway, so this gives them something to do and the theaters will like it because it encourages multiple viewings.

OP
OP
WaffleTaco

WaffleTaco

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

But in seriousness, I think a trend that might take off is movies like the video game Late Shift where the audience gets to decide how the movie turns out based on how people vote. People won't stop looking at their phones anyway, so this gives them something to do and the theaters will like it because it encourages multiple viewings.
Are people really wanting to pay $10-$15 just to watch a choose your own adventure? I think it could be fun at home, but not in a theatre.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017

I see something like that being popular as specialized screenings at film festivals, but not for regular screenings in the cinema.

Oct 29, 2017
90s nostalgia and anime nostalgia as Gen Y nerds start doing what Gen X nerds have been successful at for the last decade with 80s nostalgia.

edit: probably more so video games nostalgia than anime.

Last edited:

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Season finales of the most popular TV shows made into movies. Expect this trend to happen with GoT's final episode.

okayfrog

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Season finales of the most popular TV shows made into movies. Expect this trend to happen with GoT's final episode.
I know there are already shows that have had special episodes in theaters (Inhumans, Sherlock), but I don't see this ever becoming big. A show like GoT or Walking Dead will bring in a lot of people. Most other shows won't.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What I would like to see: more musicals. Bit of a mixed picture with La La Land and the film version of Wicked has been in production for years - but Beauty and the Beast was successful and I think the live-action Aladdin will be a hit so maybe an era of musical is coming back.

I'd love to see more big budget Film musicals as well. We still have the Greatest Showman coming out in December and possibly a contender for awards season. Disney's The Lion King film adaptation directed by Jon Favreau along with it's all star ensemble cast is going to be a massive musical that will probably surpass Beauty and the Beast's box office total.