• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ScOULaris

Oct 25, 2017
The premise of this thread is pretty self-explanatory and straightforward, so I'll forgo the long-winded OP this time around jump right into my vote.

Abigail - Street Fighter V

latest

I could go off the rails listing complaints about Street Fighter V as a whole with respect to every other game in the long-running franchise, but I won't do that here. What I will do, however, is say that this fucking character design would be high on my list of complaints because it's so bad that it brings the entire game down with it to some small extent.

Just what in the world were they thinking with Abigail's design here? Okay, it's an obscure Final Fight villain brought into Street Fighter V. That's fine, I guess. Oh, they want to make him far larger than any other character? Sure, I can see that being a distinguishing feature that we haven't really seen before in SF. It's in the details that I came to be so confused and disturbed by this character. What is with his proportions? They go way beyond stylized and enter the realm of the grotesque and tasteless.

No joke, when I first saw his reveal trailer I thought it was some kind of prank. I thought to myself, "Surely the fine people at Capcom did not slave away for months crafting this."

maxresdefault.jpg

That tiny head. I can suspend my disbelief only so far when it comes to stylized-but-grounded character designs.

Abigail pretty easily gets my vote, but I look forward to hearing everyone else's dishonorable mentions in the thread. I'm preparing myself to be triggered by any and all posts involving post-UMK3 Reptile designs in the Mortal Kombat series.

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, with Abigail it wouldn't be so bad if his head weren't so tiny compared to his body. As is he's just gross looking. Costumes, when he has headgear, make it look more a bit more acceptable. There is a mod with him as the Juggernaut from Marvel that works well since he has the helmet.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is basically a Street Fighter vs SNK thread. They have the worst.
All the other stuff like Blazblue or Guilty Gear is just random anime shit some people don't like.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not like Abigail wasn't always designed like that. He's always been 8'2 and 500+ or whatever the fuck, hardly new.

There's some real shit out there tho, maybe one of the new kof14 characters. I gotta think.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Rufus. Abigail is disgusting too.

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
Abigail is imply too tall. It would be fine if he was around Zangief's height. Takes away Hugo's only real visual draw.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh yes, if we're talking poverty games the list is endless before you even get to Capcom, SNK, Namco, etc.

Have you ever played War gods? Or some other random shitty PSX 3d fighter? Bruh.

OP
OP
ScOULaris

ScOULaris

Oct 25, 2017
Oh yes, if we're talking poverty games the list is endless before you even get to Capcom, SNK, Namco, etc.

Have you ever played War gods? Or some other random shitty PSX 3d fighter? Bruh.
Yes. I've played damn near every obscure/budget/shitty fighting game ever made. It's an obsession of mine.

But Abigail is still the worst by a country mile. Irredeemable trash.

Marvelous

Nov 3, 2017
Before entering this thread, I thought, "Abigail." He's definitely very high up there, and top among recent characters.

OP
OP
ScOULaris

ScOULaris

Oct 25, 2017
Aaaaand you just called out my runner-up. As a Reptile fan, it hasn't been easy for me since the series switched to 3D. MK4 killed his design, and then they just kept kicking its dead corpse with each successive entry until unceremoniously ditching him and leaving him out of MK11 altogether.

But, yes. This was the dirtiest they ever did Reptile. I nearly vomited and cried myself to sleep when I first saw this affront to humanity.

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
Compared to Abigail that's the most stylish and interesting character design ever. That cool clown nose. That bulge. Two scepters? Now we're talking.

503898-s_ultravortek_4.jpg

I actually rescind my street combat nomination for the fighting game library of the Atari Jaguar. Ultra Vortek, Kasumi Ninja and Fight for Life... meanwhile we trying to say a Capcom game has a worse character design than this bottom barrel trash.

Het_Nkik

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Compared to Abigail that's the most stylish and interesting character design ever. That cool clown nose. That bulge. Two scepters? Now we're talking.
"Hey, how do you want to handle the sprite flip on this clown character when he changes sides? Maybe he can hand off the scepter to his other hand?"

"Oh my god, no, that'd be really dumb. So dumb. Give him two scepters."

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
ed-sfv-artwork.jpg

Literally the most generic character you could ever make. At least Abigail is different. Ed is nothing but another of the staff obsession towards blonde hair blue eyes character

Espeix

Dec 5, 2018
Not necessarily the worst, but I hated Katarina's design in 7. It was a mess. Although I feel Tekken 7 has some questionable designs/re-designs in general.

OP
OP
ScOULaris

ScOULaris

Oct 25, 2017
503898-s_ultravortek_4.jpg

I actually rescind my street combat nomination for the fighting game library of the Atari Jaguar. Ultra Vortek, Kasumi Ninja and Fight for Life... meanwhile we trying to say a Capcom game has a worse character design than this bottom barrel trash.
Most of those Jaguar MK Klones had really boring and unimaginative character designs, sure. But to my eyes none of them were as insultingly and thoroughly bad as Abigail. Just the sight of him makes me recoil in confusion and disgust.

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
is this thread from 2017

anyways abigail is good, actually there's like
a million doujin titty fighters out there with worse designs

Parace_L%27Sia_SAH2.png

like Parace from Arcana Heart rocking that "I'm just a hentai villain" look

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
There's much worse than Abigail out there. Actually ol' Abby isn't bad at all. He's a ridiculous, funny-type character, he really shines in motion. And he has tiny tires for rings on his fingers and his hair is shaped like the leaf in the Canada flag. Can't hate on that! I actually think Alex is the ugliest guy on the SFV roster, because I don't think he's supposed to be ugly.

Personally I can't help but think of this guy from Kasumi Ninja

kasumi-ninja-02.png

Casually throwing fireballs out of his dick.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
I'd say all of the new characters in the KOF Maximum Impact games, but I can't remember their names and don't want to bother looking them up.

220px-KOF_Maximum_Impact_%28cover_art%29.jpg

Fahdi

Jun 5, 2018
Lmao, I love OP's reactions and comments to things he hates. My worst design goes to:

images

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
I was gonna say someone from Mortal Kombat probably but Kung Pow is way up there