• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TechMetalRules

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 11, 2019
United States
Abigail and Rufus are great! The real travesty is Alex's SFV design. Everything about him looks so aesthetically wrong to me, especially considering how cool he is in SF3.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
latest

Nagase from KOF Maximum Impact 2
Falcoon is one of the worst things that happened to KOF.

Ragnorok64

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
This Dude in a Shirt
stryker-r.gif

Stryker seems particularly bad even by Nethrealm standards, simply for being so boring.

Oct 25, 2017
Onto the second page and no Hsu Hao or Kobra mentions?!

But yeah, "every anime fighter character ever" is probably my personal answer to this question.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Area from SfEx used to be my pick until Rufus. I could pick some character from an obscure fighting game, but that's cheating.

Falcoon is one of the worst things that happened to KOF.

He was pretty good before he got hired by them, then he started to go nuts.

Doggg

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 17, 2017
Any from Way of the Warrior, Naughty Dog's fighting game

65401-way-of-the-warrior-3do-screenshot-select-your-fighter.jpg

65403-way-of-the-warrior-3do-screenshot-steroid-boost-ouch.jpg

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
Rufus, considering what we could have gotten instead. Afro design is GOAT.

aAUwrlL.jpg

SFIV_PC_Concept_Art_Various_13.jpg

Rufus-design1.jpg

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
y'all can hate on Rufus all you want but SPACE OPERA SYMPHONY is still the best super move name out there

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Rufus is so fucking bad. Even worse paired with his annoying ass playstyle. Even worse still when you see the concept art for a legitimately great design wasted on this pile of shit.

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
Y'all Rufus is ugly but that's at least the point

he's not the world's blandest stereotype like some Native American Grapplers out there

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Abigail and Rufus are great! The real travesty is Alex's SFV design. Everything about him looks so aesthetically wrong to me, especially considering how cool he is in SF3.
Finally someone like-minded.

I've tried to capture Alex's good side.
mbhQcAx.png

1GYbLuj.png

He has no good side. It's a tragedy because he look so cool in SF3, like you said.

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
SFV was an absolute nightmare for any character with longer hair

which is another thing in Abigail's favor, his hair is immaculate

Deleted member 19702

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As much as love SFIII 3rd Strike gameplay, yeah... character design is cringe worthy for many characters.
But MK4, MKDA, MKD and MKA holds the biggest abominations ever made in fighting games.

CO_Andy

Oct 25, 2017
tumblr_p34pn6CR6q1udrs7jo1_400.jpg

Groh from Soul Calibur. Interesting play style, but his design looks really out of place with the rest of the cast

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
tumblr_p34pn6CR6q1udrs7jo1_400.jpg

Groh from Soul Calibur. Interesting play style, but his design looks really out of place with the rest of the cast
i never really understood this considering Soul Calibur has spandex ninjas, mechanical ninjas, magical dominatrices, whatever the hell Tira is, Pillar Man Gilgamesh, etc

Groh is just an edgy lookin' dude with tips and an eyepatch

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Abigail has an unique silhouette and looks nothing like any other character

Now kage looks like ryu's Homestuck cosplay. Like it is bad even by evil Ryu standards. 4's was more badass and the 2d ones you could understand as a pallete swap

Big Tent Expat

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
i never really understood this considering Soul Calibur has spandex ninjas, mechanical ninjas, magical dominatrices, whatever the hell Tira is, Pillar Man Gilgamesh, etc

Groh is just an edgy lookin' dude with tips and an eyepatch
That's the problem. He doesn't really look like anything in particular. No historic or cultural ties at all.

Deleted member 35077

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
The Power Instinct series ain't one I would call having great designs, like I only really like three characters. But among the cast I'll say ingame Kanji is the worst, as at least the other characters like Poochy and Prince have interesting and funny movesets, Kanji is just a generic old man that farts on his opponent. Shame, as he actually looks cool in his official art but everything else is pure garbage.

Kcannon

Oct 30, 2017
By the way, we need to talk more about Castlevania Judgment, where everybody has this overdesigned, try-hard Death Note-ripoff look (which is extra funny since that's the DN artist himself).

Last edited:

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Abigail has an unique silhouette and looks nothing like any other character

Now kage looks like ryu's Homestuck cosplay. Like it is bad even by evil Ryu standards. 4's was more badass and the 2d ones you could understand as a pallete swap
Agreed. Literally the worst version of Evil Ryu when all of the circumstances are taken into account.

Fucking MvCI had a far superior version of Evil Ryu and that game had a budget of $25 and a stick of gum.

iconoclast

Dec 15, 2017
el fuerte
he looks like shit, plays like shit, and is zero fun to fight against.

excluding games nobody cares about of course

Bing-Bong

Banned
Feb 1, 2019
By the way, we need to talk more about Castlevania Judgment (yes, Judgment, Even the name's stupid), where everybody has this overdesigned, try-hard Death Note-ripoff look.

The designs come from the same guy who drew Death Note, so of course they look like DN characters, kek.

Still, yeah, all of them look horrible. I can't forgive what they did to Grant.

Deleted member 14735

Oct 27, 2017
I like weirdos so I'm fine with a good number that have been posted itt

Actual worst:

Momoko-sprite1.gif

Jakisthe

Oct 25, 2017
Hugo is beyond hideous. Between his dumb ogre face, his absolutely awful bright-pink-kiss-leopard-spotted tank top, and [worst of all] that horrific head bob when in motion, it's genuinely nauseating.

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
I like weirdos so I'm fine with a good number that have been posted itt

Actual worst:

Momoko-sprite1.gif
Momoko in a vacuum isn't the worst and her official art is nothing bad but BOY HOWDY did the gallery in XI have some incredibly uncomfortable art of her and her overall inclusion felt sus as hell