• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
There's been talk of Ninja Theory's next title being at E3 with a release as soon as Early 2020. There was also this 4chan rumor recently on the subject.

image0.jpg

While all rumors should be taken with a grain of salt. This current write up doesn't seem like it would be out of line for NT (Though even I don't believe all of it like the 6 year dev time). I recall other such rumors seemed to indicate that it would indeed be a game with a MP focus. Which will likely heavily rely on the art design and gameplay to carry its concept (Since a MP focused title I can't imagine having such a heavy story focus like Senua).

Id expect that NT making a SP focused game like Senua or Enslaved with a bigger budget (If they decide to do those again) would be something they save for the next Xbox after all.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
I'll buy that rumor just because if they get some nasty ass combo combat going and I can be slick as fuck with my buddies I'd 10000% in.

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
Something similar to Spacelords but with a bigger narrative focus seems like a really good addition to game pass. Cant wait to see at e3 or later this year.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
I know Phil Spencer confirmed we'll be seeing their game this year at some point. Honestly not gonna think too much about it and just let 'em surprise me although talk of it being co-op does intrigue me.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Rumors are indeed that its a MP game. Was in development before MS got them. Before people get all worked up about that.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Bleeding Edge.

I don't mean that as a joke just my title guess.

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
i think the 6 years is because it may have been put on hold to finish hellblade

Deleted member 18951

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I remember watching a video interview with Tameem ages ago and he was talking about how he was really interested in AI and it was something he would like to explore.

I think NT have potentially three or four irons in the fire though so fuck knows what they release next. I'd like to see them studio up and have the majority work on some sort of character driven action game. Looking forward to E3 anyway and seeing what they have cooking, I think with the right funding and support they could be a brilliant studio for Xbox next gen.

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
It'd be a shame for them to not make another action game after DmC.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
Honestly if it has co-op and is 'good' character action (at least as good as DmC) it might beat dmc5 for me lol

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
Sounds a little bit like like Warhammer: Vermintide which is cool, you just know people are gonna kick off if this is true though.

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
the rumor sounds neat, the 6 year dev cycle seems it would have to be a back-burner project and now that Microsoft has them they can actually make and finish it.

gigaslash

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Off topic: anybody else confuses Ninja Theory with Team Ninja all the fucking time, or is it just me?
I always come into these threads expecting Ninja Gaiden news/rumors and a second later it's "...fuck, it's the other Ninja developer"

Caiops

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hm, i don't like that.

I would like to see something like Hellblade again, Xbox need these kind of games.

nded

Nov 14, 2017
1. Heavenly Sword
2. Hellblade
3. Edge of Limbo?

Description and videos remind me of Warframe.

Last edited:

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
So they didn't cancel Razer after all, interesting.
If true offcourse. Maybe its been on the backburner. Like i said in the other thread maybe it was a big risk for them to make this and maybe to ambitious?
Now with MS backing they can easy do it. Or they were already doing it after the success they had with Hellblade. Financially also.

russbus64

May 1, 2018
Right now I wouldn't mind an upgraded port of Heavenly Sword. Very interested to see what they announce thuogh.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
If true offcourse. Maybe its been on the backburner. Like i said in the other thread maybe it was a big risk for them to make this and maybe to ambitious?
Now with MS backing they can easy do it. Or they were already doing it after the success they had with Hellblade. Financially also.

Very possible, iirc the publisher backed out after Destiny was revealed so it's possible like you said that it's been on the back burner, and since Hellblade was released has been their main focus.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
So this can be one of their games. They have a second team also working on stuff iirc. Probably more behind tho.

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
I'd love to see them work on the Phantom Dust IP. They nailed the sense and feel of being isolated in Hellblade and that's exactly the feeling that is needed in a PD game. Ofcourse im definitely biased but they definitely are a perfect fit considering their action gameplay and narrative expertise.

Going onward i do see them focusing fully on new IPs which allows them to try out even more risky and creative things.