• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
It's always hilarious how some people dismiss Toto as "session musicians" as if that makes them bad. No, it means they're so damn good that everyone wants Toto to play with them, oh, and inbetween sessions this best-of gathering of musicians sort of created a couple of million sellers on their own. It also helps that most/all of them compose and occasionally sing, it gives the band a huge range.

It's great that they eventually reunited and are now making brand new material. Most bands that are past their 40th anniversary tour are quite content to just drag out their top ten again and again.

Deleted member 16365

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Great song. It's going to take a lot to drag me away from it. There's nothing that a hundred songs or more could ever do.

peyrin

Oct 27, 2017
California
4kYbX3v.png

Oct 26, 2017
It's the embodiment of nostalgia and I'm okay with that.

Africa isn't even as good as most of the songs on the Fahrenheit album.

Oof am I not a fan of that one. Way too schmaltzy for me ("Till The End" and "Could This Be Love" are pretty good songs though).

Toto Album Ranking:

1). Hydra
2). Turn Back
3). Kingdom Of Desire
4). Toto
5). XIV
6). Toto IV
7). Everything else

Oct 25, 2017

Oof am I not a fan of that one. Way too schmaltzy for me ("Till The End" and "Could This Be Love" are pretty good songs though).

Toto Album Ranking:

1). Hydra
2). Turn Back
3). Kingdom Of Desire
4). Toto
5). XIV
6). Toto IV
7). Everything else
Fahrenheit is probably the most 80's of their 80's albums and I'm perfectly OK with that. There are some really killer guitar riffs on this album too.

Last edited:

Nick Nehidnyk

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

Toto Album Ranking:

1). Hydra
2). Turn Back
3). Kingdom Of Desire
4). Toto
5). XIV
6). Toto IV
7). Everything else
see I think I agree with this one, it's a balanced list that ---

fucken fite me, lad, you're worse than the toto haters

Oct 26, 2017
Fahrenheit is probably the most 80's of their 80's albums and I'm perfectly OK with that. There are some really killer guitar riffs on this album too.

It's 80's in the background music for business dad whose given up on their dreams sense (same goes with The Seventh One). Now Isolation, that's 80's as fuck for the right reasons.

Fuck me, I forgot about Isolation. List fix:

1). Hydra
2). Isolation
3). Turn Back
4). Kingdom Of Desire
5). Toto
6). XIV
7). Toto IV
8). Everything else

fucken fite me, lad, you're worse than the toto haters

I'm more of a prog / hard rock guy. Turn Back scratches a certain itch.

Last edited:

Dynamite Cop

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
"Meme-y?" What the fuck does idiots' interpretation of a song have to do with its quality? The OT reads like a dumb buzzfeed piece, and I'm not even a big fan of the song.