• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

OG YOLOwen

Banned
Mar 24, 2019
Good old Post. The dude that entered the music scene guns blazing looking like a raccoon fresh out of the trash can.

What do you think of the dude and his music? Personally, I cannot stand listening to his music. It's incredibly juvenile and sterile. Really not much going on there. Seems like he just kinda picks two chords and a melody and sticks to it for like 3 minutes.

The guy is pretty talented though IMO. Some of his more acoustic stuff is great. I also heard a recording of him singing Santoria at a bar or something and it was actually really good. He's wasting his talent.

What do you think Era?

Trice

Banned
Nov 3, 2018
Croatia
I don't actively listen to him but there are a couple of his songs on my driving playlist. Rockstar especially is perfect for a night drive.

I don't listen to the lyrics tho, just the beat and the ''vocal melody'' if I can put it that way.

TheKid

Oct 25, 2017
Bay Area
Dude puts out catchy music and seems like a down to earth dude. He catches a lot of shit for being a culture vulture but man if someone handed me millions of dollars I wouldn't say no

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Dunno, he exists.

I don't check for his stuff specifically but I've liked a couple tracks I've heard at the bar etc

teacup

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I despise him. I hate his music and him.

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
I really loved Stoney. Album blew me away when I listened to it.But I think he has been fairly stagnant since and hasnt really evolved. I think he is talented and has a unique voice. Though its fairly obvious he is a pop artist who has songs created for him. Louis Bell is the mastermind behind him.

As a person...

He has already paved the wave for his inevitable turn to rock/country. Which makes the culture vulture comments ring true. His opinion that if you want to feel something or listen to real music or whatever you shouldnt listen to rap was absolute garbage and false. Wouldnt surprise me to see him go full kid rock at some point. It makes him draping himself in hip hop culture to get his break all the more gross.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
It's not really for me, but he has a good formula. Put the hook at the front of your song so it is a radio hit.

He looks like what being crossfaded feels like.

OP
OP
OG YOLOwen

OG YOLOwen

Banned
Mar 24, 2019
He has already paved the wave for his inevitable turn to rock/country. Which makes the culture vulture comments ring true. His opinion that if you want to feel something or listen to real music or whatever you shouldnt listen to rap was absolute garbage and false. Wouldnt surprise me to see him go full kid rock at some point. It makes him draping himself in hip hop culture to get his break all the more gross.
Yeah, I feel that big time. He's already said Bob Dylan is a huge inspiration for him (just like he is for any white dude with a guitar) so I fully expect him to start moving in a more rock sound direction.

But yeah, the "real music" quote of his was really weird. The dude makes that type of music yet he is trashing it? Huh?

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
That song that was in Into The Spiderverse was catchy, but that's about it. Maybe it's because I'm older, but I don't really like his music.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019

Only good song he's made

also, he's an idiot. Like literally stupid. Watch any interview. One of those people that doesn't know shit about politics, but has commented on it before

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
he's Ed Sheeran if you replaced songwriting ability with face tattoos and started covering him in XXL for some reason, but he says dumb shit about rap in interviews way more

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
He's what I imagine a lot of those rock-rap acts from the early aughts would sound like if they came up today. So yeah, 2019 Crazy Town. I don't even think he's horrible, necessarily, but definitely not for me

sappyday

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
love some of his songs and congratulations is attached to a very special moment in my life

Deleted member 18360

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've only heard Better Now which is bad and he looks like a teamster went to spring break and he also seems to not take seriously the genre that brought him his success so he seems pretty wack imo.

Chris McQueen

Self-requested ban
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
London
source.gif

Xeno

Oct 25, 2017
He constantly looks like he needs a shower and I don't like his music or the music that has been inspired by him.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
He's absolutely disgusting. I wouldn't want to be in the same building as him, I'd probably be repulsed by the smell.

Nice guy, okay music though.

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
He's likes the nickelback for his genre. I don't seek out his music as it's not anything special but I don't find it annoying.

Dude looks the personification of an old gas station urinal though.

latex

Jul 5, 2018
Not for me. I don't like his vibe, his look or music. I don't hate the guy but I will never intentionally listen to his music.

Davidion

Charitable King
Oct 27, 2017
It's trap-flavored pop. A little candy here and there is whatever.

Don't really care for the guy.

Deleted member 1476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't listen to his music so no opinion whatsoever. Heard the name multiple times but never cared enough to go looking for it.

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
Don't think I'll ever listen to his albums, but his singles are a favourite of one my drinking groups. Better now, Rockstar, Congratulations are all great to hear on a chill night out

Mars

Oct 25, 2017
he's Ed Sheeran if you replaced songwriting ability with face tattoos and started covering him in XXL for some reason, but he says dumb shit about rap in interviews way more

Hahaha, this right here. Also mentioned, stellar production team. Culture Vulture, personified.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Trash. Rockstar works because of the beat and vocal melody and that's it. That whole segment of rap needs to go away. Give me Cozz, Russ, 6lack, and Smino any day.