• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do you think of Switch’s 2019 lineup currently?

• The best year yet

• The worst year yet

• I like it, it’s well stacked

• It’s alright

Results are only viewable after voting.

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
  • Luigi's Mansion 3
  • Animal Crossing
  • Fire Emblem Three Houses
  • Super Mario Maker 2
  • Yoshi's Crafted World
  • Daemon X Machina
  • Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order
  • The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
  • Pokémon 8
  • Astral Chain
  • Hollow Knight: Silksong
  • TOWN
  • Tetris 99
  • Oninaki
  • Dragon Quest 11 S: Echoes of an Elusive Age Definitive Edition
  • Rune Factory 4
  • Mortal Kombat 11
  • Dragon Quest Builders 2
  • DOOM Eternal
  • Crash Team Racing
Plus ports of older stuff like Dragon's Dogma, Hellblade, Deltarune, Resident Evil 0, Resident Evil, Resident Evil 4, Assassin's Creed 3, Unravel 2, GRID Autosport, FF7, FF9, FF10, FF12. I'm not listing rumored stuff like Star Fox Racing, MPT, or Persona 5.

Overall, what do you think of the Switch's lineup for this year as it currently stands? Personally I feel 2019 looks to be a good year for the Switch, and better than 2018, if not quite as good as 2017 was. You?

Last edited:

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Mario Maker 2, Animal Crossing and Astral Chain for me, chief. Couldn't care less about everything else especially after playing that Daemon X Machina demo, yikes.

Add a poll option for meh.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Same as what I said in the other thread- I'll judge it once we know more, something closer to the full picture. I'm not gonna give them credit for games that could be delayed/cancelled and I'm not gonna rule out more announcements like Super Mario Party of last year which was only announced at E3.

Travless

Mar 7, 2018
This lineup rivals 2017, and could ever dethrone it for the Year of Dreams. (I got you, Tim Gettys)

Error 52

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
It's pretty strong. Lot of interesting new IP, lots of new entries in classic series, and some good ports.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
It's really strong, possibly their best year since launch. I mean, sure, there are no BoTWs or Odysseys this year, but it also got more high-quality games than 2017.

ULTROS!

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The ones I want are also available (or will be available on the PS4) like Oninaki, Deltarune, and DQB2 (English version) so the only thing I'm interested is Astral Chain.

Other than that, it's OK. I have one game for Switch this year (maybe FFX too).

NNN

Nov 1, 2017
The thing is most of the listed titles aren't exclusives, taking them out the equation will result in just a less than a mediocre line up :/

ArmadilloGame

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
A non-port first party title each month for the rest of the year. Including mario, zelda, and pokemon. The promise of all software output on one system is becoming realized.

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
Worst year yet, subjectively. I either don't care for (most of them), am wary about (Pokémon, Astral Chain), would rather get on another platform (DOOM), or it's a port.

Super Mario Maker 2 looks good though.

bobbychalkers

Oct 26, 2017
First half of the year is barren of tentpile releases but my Switch will be busy with ports and indies. The second half will murder my wallet and free time.

Technika

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 23, 2018
Links Awakening remake and Astral Chain!
Gotta admit that im slightly disappointed that its not an original Zelda title, nonetheless im looking forward to it.

Lots of titles fit in the Nice! category, but other than the 2 listed above, im not moved to buy day 1 so to speak.

Master Chuuster

GamingBolt.com
Verified
Dec 14, 2017
It's looking very, very good. Don't know if it'll beat 2017 in terms of quality, but the sheer number of games coming out on the Switch this year that I cannot wait to play really excites me.

AfropunkNyc

Nov 15, 2017
Its just getting started, im scared to say. The Money i normally used to get a ton of PC games is now going towards my Switch.

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sort of between "it's alright" and "well stacked". It's looking good to me, but I wouldn't call it stacked.

Though I only need a few games to be happy since there's plenty of other good stuff to play on other platforms.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
As someone who only cares about first party games (for the most part), it's a pretty decent year when you also factor in Pokémon Gen 8, Luigi's Mansion 3, & Animal Crossing Switch. It's no 2017 (as of now), but there's a lot to look forward to.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Astral Chain could be good, but other than that its only Pokemon that's keeping my Switch from being unplugged.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Super Mario Maker 2, new Yoshi game and new Pokémon Gen?

Best year, imo.

OwOtacon

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 18, 2018
I'll wait to see if Star Fox Grand Prix is this year, but I like this year more than 2018 for the switch already. Though I have big reservations about the direction of Fire Emblem: Three Houses, a new Platinum and a new Mario Maker is hype. And a top 3 Zelda is getting remade!

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
Link's Awakening was the only thing I actually cared when it was announced, but I expected a remake with the graphics of BoTW. I would run and buy a Switch this weekend.

Other than that, nothing else interest me, so I it's alright year.

Edit. I lie, I am also interested on Luigi's Mansion 3, but I didn't liked 2, so I hope it's more like the original one.

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
  • Luigi's Mansion 3
  • Animal Crossing
  • Fire Emblem Three Houses
  • Super Mario Maker 2
  • Yoshi's Crafted World
  • Daemon X Machina
  • Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order
  • The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
  • Pokémon 8
  • Astral Chain
  • Oninaki
  • Dragon Quest 11 S: Echoes of an Elusive Age Definitive Edition
  • Rune Factory 4
  • Mortal Kombat 11
  • Dragon Quest Builders 2
  • DOOM Eternal
  • Crash Team Racing
Plus ports of older stuff like Dragon's Dogma, Hellblade, Deltarune, Resident Evil 0, Resident Evil, Resident Evil 4, Assassin's Creed 3, Unravel 2, GRID Autosport, FF7, FF9, FF10, FF12. I'm not listing rumored stuff like Star Fox Racing, MPT, or Persona 5.

Overall, what do you think of the Switch's lineup for this year as it currently stands? Personally I feel 2019 looks to be a good year for the Switch, and better than 2018, if not quite as good as 2017 was. You?
Deltarune is not older stuff, it's brand new....

Added: And you forgot Boxboy and Tetris 99

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
It's no 2017, but it's hard to top a new 3D Zelda and 3D Mario flanking one year. Astral Chain and Link's Awakening are the big ones for me

Deleted member 3017

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
First half = kind of garbage (FIX THIS next year, Nintendo. Jesus.)
Second half = better than all of 2017. It's insane.

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
I'm pretty bummed it's all 2nd half. Don't have time to play everything in 6 months.

tyfon

Nov 2, 2017
Norway
It's alright.
I'm probably getting Astral Chain, Link and Pokemon RPG. And Animal Crossing for daughters/wife.
Astral Chain has the potential to be really good though, hopefully it will be a 60 hz game.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
Getting Zelda, Luigi's Mansion and Animal Crossing (just spit out that fucking release date omfg), so that's two more games than in 2018 !

Seriously though it's a damn good line up especially if Switch is your main console.

Nakadai

Jan 10, 2018
I don't see a game on the horizon that interests me whatsoever. The Switch is basically a Super Smash machine, with a Tennis chaser, and some SNK games that aren't on PS4 yet. Waiting for a real Star Fox or F-Zero game, hell even a Custom Robo comebacl, and I have a feel I'll be waiting forever.

rochellepaws

Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
I'm interested in 5 to 6 of those presuming they all come out this year so I'm happy. It's more or less what I would expect every year from Nintendo considering they appear to be combining handheld and console into one platform. I'm glad that 2018 appears to have been a blip and Nintendo look back on track now.

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
Mario Maker 2 alone would have been stellar, that in tandem with about a dozen other killer titles is bonkers.

If there are any titles left in the pipe (i.e. Prime Trilogy, StarFox, Pokémon), that is going to be almost unfathomably good.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Needs more third party ports. I want play stuff like GTA5, Fallout4, Rage 2, XCOM 2, Spyro Collection, DMC Collection, KH Collection on the go too.

Some genres are criminally under represented, especially modern ones like open world games and FPS titles. I've been waiting for years for the surge of both genres on portables I think Switch is the place this can finally happen.

milkyway

One Winged Slayer
May 17, 2018
There hasn't been any officially announced game that I'd 100% buy yet, not counting games like Pokemon/Animal Crossing which have no details. Fire Emblem and Zelda are like 95% but after the Direct I have my concerns. I'd like Platinum's game to be great. I still have faith 2019 could be Switch's best year yet but the Direct has me conflicted and did not see fit to appease me with MPT or Animal Crossing news.