• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sentry

Vigilant Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
As we move on from halo 5 I want to know what the halo community would want from Halo 6 in terms of gameplay all the way to new features let it be known here

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
A coherent story and more visual clarity.

I think the gameplay and sandbox in Halo 5 was top notch. Hell, I thought many of the play spaces in the campaign were among the best in the franchise. But it fell apart due to an incoherent story that completely jumped the shark. I think they'll have a hard time walking back from the wild cliff they've shuffled up to, but we'll see.

And all of Halo 5's MP content should roughly be there day 1, including the fully featured Forge and file share.

LegalEagleMike

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Halo 5 gameplay was great so build off of that. They really need to make a campaign that has an intriguing story and avoids repetitive boss fights. For multiplayer they need to have a good variety of modes and non forge maps on day one.

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
A good story, split screen co-op, no Locke.. I say that is a good start.

OP
OP
Sentry

Sentry

Vigilant Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
A coherent story and more visual clarity.

I think the gameplay and sandbox in Halo 5 was top notch. Hell, I thought many of the play spaces in the campaign were among the best in the franchise. But it fell apart due to an incoherent story that completely jumped the shark. I think they'll have a hard time walking back from the wild cliff they've shuffled up to, but we'll see.

And all of Halo 5's MP content should roughly be there day 1, including the fully featured Forge and file share.
I agree with the story department critique however I feel that ODST had better playspaces and would like a ODST style approach for Halo 6 campaign

Vakuf

Oct 25, 2017
Better maps. I am not a fan of small maps focused on esports and big maps made in forge.

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, I'd just like a better overall campaign. The writing and even the gameplay of 5 was so mediocre and forgettable. If 6 isn't a vast improvement on 5 then I'd honestly drop 343i and give a different dev' a shot.

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
I don't really know at this point. I'll never move on from the original trilogy but Halo has certainly moved on from me.

I've picked up every game in the series hoping for that spark to be recaptured but only to be dissapointed each time. Kind of like Sonic really.

I want a story that feels like it has a direction. I don't want Master Chief or any other Spartans to play like super heroes... I really just want vanilla Halo with a focus on map control.

As I said though, I think we're past that and Halo has moved on from me.

Rikka

Oct 25, 2017
Removing ADS would make the game feel true to the rest of the Halo series, and would make it feel like it's own shooter again. I'd say possibly even bringing firefight back just like the good days of Reach would definitely make me buy in

Deleted member 5519

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, while I am in agreement that the story is now out there.I think the best thing they can do is dial it all back and deliver and very grounded personal story with a tight and simple narrative. We could still have a great campaign despite the legacy of the series struggling.

Last edited:

Zelda

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As a huge fan of Bungie's Halo games I'm not sure I could get what I want from 343 if that makes sense. Though I would settle for 343 learning from their mistakes with Halo 5: ie Don't make me fight the stupid bullet sponge Wardens for 3 levels in a row, let me play the game as Master Chief, make the promethean enemies as fun to fight against as the covenant and brutes of past games, give me a more epic last level.

netprints

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I think a better story following the MC. I think they need to focus on just him. Also BTB shouldn't be ignored. Dev maps from the start. I liked Halo 5 for the most part. I think it was a good step forward from 5. Build on what they learned and hopefully make it a stronger package.

David Walden

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I enjoyed the gameplay of halo 5 but it definitely still felt like it was missing some ingredients that make halo great. One thing I found great about the previous halo's that was missing from the last two iterations was those stages that were just massive multi raced battles. Y'know where you'd wall into this massive battle and covenant are fighting flood and you have a team of marines with you. That feeling of being part of this huge battle for the universe is something that hasn't been matched since halo 3 and something I'd like to see again from a halo game. It's not enough to provide big open non linear levels where you just drive a wart hog straight through, I want a big scale battle going on around me. As much as I enjoyed both halo 4 & 5 I miss this about bungies halos the most.

Also please get the story back on track, halo 5 was such a mess in the story department it makes me sad.

Oct 25, 2017
An actual BTB Day 1 would be nice with well made maps not whatever "the forgers" thought counted as good map design. The custom games playlist much earlier in the cycle would be appreciated.
The aiming needs to be something like Halo 3, Halo 5's proaiming and it's inconsistency drove me up a wall.

Warzone needs to be redesigned, as every map felt nearly identical and played out the same way. I'm not sure how but BTB back in the good ole' days of Halo 3 had a lot of diversity in the amount of shit that would go down match-to-match.
Also the campaign is a given, I want a reason to care again. I have played past Halos numerous times and would want to experience that again

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
I'd like them to back off on some of the abilities just a tad. I've read and watched several people who've talked about how giving the player a ton of abilities, it actually simplifies how you can make your levels, because it has to account for everything. Certain things feel useless, and sometimes things are clearly there to make something not seem useless. A good example was breakable walls in 5.

Perhaps I'm wrong and it's merely the exectution that was lacking, but I think there's some validity.

I will say halo 5 was much better having all players have all abilities. This was a large improvement over 4 and Reach specifically because in those games devs could design levels and then be forced to eliminate cool ideas because of the worry not all players would be able to do them. This lead to either dull levels or dull abilities imo.

I feel like with a solid base, you can get a ton of depth. Halo 3 demonstrated this pretty well I think. Look at scarab battles. Simple combat and a simple encounter concept sure, but incredibly badass, and most of all fun.

Essentially make the entire focus about encounter and level design and letting those both be engaging but open. Those are the things I think that set halo apart even if maybe you disagree with what I said above.

rebelcrusader

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A story man. Halo 5 story such a letdown. Plus changed visuals. All new art direction. Multiplayer wise. Get rid of sprint and their version of aim down sights. Increase base movement, add a double jump etc. But have a game that is feature parity with H5 as it is now. Forge and customs games browser day one. Campaign scoring, theatre and checkpoint and challenges. 4v4 qnd BTB get equal development.

Uh

First post has it right... Probably going to be 4 years dev time and it seems 343 needs it

Oct 25, 2017
I'd like them to back off on some of the abilities just a tad. I've read and watched several people who've talked about how giving the player a ton of abilities, it actually simplifies how you can make your levels, because it has to account for everything. Certain things feel useless, and sometimes things are clearly there to make something not seem useless. A good example was breakable walls in 5.

Perhaps I'm wrong and it's merely the exectution that was lacking, but I think there's some validity.

I will say halo 5 was much better having all players have all abilities. This was a large improvement over 4 and Reach specifically because in those games devs could design levels and then be forced to eliminate cool ideas because of the worry not all players would be able to do them. This lead to either dull levels or dull abilities imo.

I feel like with a solid base, you can get a ton of depth. Halo 3 demonstrated this pretty well I think. Look at scarab battles. Simple combat and a simple encounter concept sure, but incredibly badass, and most of all fun.

Essentially make the entire focus about encounter and level design and letting those both be engaging but open. Those are the things I think that set halo apart even if maybe you disagree with what I said above.
but what about hamburger guns?

Slaps PhD

Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire
Fix and focus on the story. You have the multiplayer in a good stop but you had a great set up story wise with Halo 4 ( best Halo story so far) and kinda messed it up with 5, get the story back on track and I'll be one happy boi

Oct 25, 2017
Upstate NY
Well, for one, I'd like any 'card based' systems removed from multiplayer. I think they really held back the best game modes online. Warzone, for example, was constructed so that the tide could be turned at any moment... and when it was clutch time, instead of using cards to try and win, people would instead say, "Eh, we're losing anyway, I'd rather save this card." Kind of ruined the experience for me.

Single player needs to focus more on Master Chief again and it needs to be way less... bland. Repeating the same boss fight time and time again was weak.

I'm hopeful that 343 heard a lot of people's criticisms though, and are really going to knock it out of the park next time around.

FusionNY

Oct 25, 2017
I'd like to see 343 change the art to be closer to the original trilogy. I liked the cuter somewhat cartoonish artstyle of the original trilogy. Also they should probably go in a radically different direction with the campaign. Regardless of how good it ends up being a traditional style Halo campaign doesn't seem like it would set the world on fire.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
Removing ADS would make the game feel true to the rest of the Halo series, and would make it feel like it's own shooter again. I'd say possibly even bringing firefight back just like the good days of Reach would definitely make me buy in

What's nice is Overwatch not having ADS demonstrates that it's so completely unnecessary. I mean, halo 1-4 already did, but Overwatch is a completely new game and shows pretty clearly that not having ADS being "antiquated" is clearly bs.

(Though tbf Overwatch's console controls are not my favorite)

Swauny Jones

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully no loot boxes or anything that will ruin the multiplayer by having us pay to win in some way shape or form...

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really not sure anymore. I hated Halo 4 and didn't care for 5 so I guess at a very base level I'd just like for it to be good again. A story not bogged down by expanded universe novels I don't care about would be a nice start.

Liam

Oct 25, 2017
for multiplayer i want the halo reach armor customization, it was great... i hope halo 6 has it but better of course.

halo 5 armor customization was disappointing and designed for microtransactions, with lots of armor designs that were terrible just for the sake of having more items on the req packs.

KZsObxF.jpg

i mean what is that?

rakkadakka

Oct 25, 2017
MP side of things - BTB getting more love as others have said. It's a damn shame we got stuck with lego brick maps for that mode. Other than that the MP after firefight and other QOL improvements was pretty damn perfect in my mind.

SP- Oh boy. More chief, less other characters. Split screen co-op. Also less reliance, if it's possible, on all the fan service book based stuff.

The microtransactions in H5 I did not have an issue with at all. They were mostly cosmetic and in Warzone I never felt like not having one item was a win/lose in a match. They supported some of the best post launch support I've seen in a game and in my mind is a standard for other games to live up too. That doesn't excuse the content left out of the game at release though, H6 needs to have a fuller stable of features to hit the ground running at launch.

Vaughn Dessen

Oct 25, 2017
4 and 5 were the only campaigns I never felt I needed to revisit. I will try out 5 again once the X updates come out, but I was losing interest as I was playing through it the first time. The encounters weren't as memorable as previous entries. Gameplay was pretty damn good though. So, create more memorable fights ( silent cartographer, Mombasa etc.) A better "dance" between the player and enemies. A more cohesive story. And please go back to designing the multiplayer maps. Saying all content will be free and then pumping out forge maps isn't what I personally wanted, it's missing some love.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
but what about hamburger guns?

Never gonna live that one down am I lol. Legitimately surprised y'all remember me.

I'm probably not going to actually be a part of HaloEra community threads per se; bunch of things have happened to me since then. Not going to pretend I wasn't a genuine nuisance at the time.

Good to be back though.

Oct 25, 2017
MP side of things - BTB getting more love as others have said. It's a damn shame we got stuck with lego brick maps for that mode. Other than that the MP after firefight and other QOL improvements was pretty damn perfect in my mind.

SP- Oh boy. More chief, less other characters. Split screen co-op. Also less reliance, if it's possible, on all the fan service book based stuff.
disagree, the books gave us good shit

BornRZA

Oct 25, 2017
More of a campaign guy here, I enjoy Halo 5 multi but I'm far from an authority on that. A more well thought out and decently paced campaign. No half baked ideas like the walk sections, Halo 5 felt all over the place there. I'm probably in the minority here but i don't mind more Locke gameplay if they can fix the pacing and tighten up the storytelling some. Story was much easier to follow than 4 but the stakes just never seemed high enough during actual gameplay in my opinion. Blue team could do with a bit more fleshing out, heck both blue team and Locke's team. Oh and no more warden battles...of course. If they have to then maybe give him a hat or something, anything to make it somewhat different.

SuiQuan

Oct 25, 2017
Kazakhstan - soon
Probably an unpopular opinion, but I'd prefer a longer campaign. I don't think that the campaign was that bad in Halo 5, but it felt to me like they had tried to cram too many things into a relatively short story.
And improved visual design. Halo 5 is an inconsistent mess in the art department.
Could you elaborate? I've heard this one before but never in detail. To me it looked wonderful. I looked though art of probably every artist on Artstation that worked on the game.

Elliott

Oct 25, 2017
A better campaign.

And improved visual design. Halo 5 is an inconsistent mess in the art department.

woodland

Oct 25, 2017
A story man. Halo 5 story such a letdown. Plus changed visuals. All new art direction. Multiplayer wise. Get rid of sprint and their version of aim down sights. Increase base movement, add a double jump etc. But have a game that is feature parity with H5 as it is now. Forge and customs games browser day one. Campaign scoring, theatre and checkpoint and challenges. 4v4 qnd BTB get equal development.

This. Really thought H5 was decent but still hate sprint and ADS and don't see what they add. Not having things like Oddball and Assault in on day 1 is crazy, as was not having dev-made BtB maps from day 1.

Don't care much for the story mode so my comments are all MP related.