• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
All I want is two things:

OG Halo gunplay. Nothing feels fun to shoot in 4 or 5. Bungie had that gunplay down to a science and I wish 343 could capture that magic.

Batter story. The story in 5 was just awful. It was stupid all around. Hell, I wish they'd retcon it.

Marshall

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly i'm down for anything. I've enjoyed all the Halo games, even 4. 5 was fun. The campaign had some down spots, but I still overall enjoyed my time with it and loved the multiplayer. Any Halo they put out is Halo I will play.
Agree completely. I will say however, BTB day 1 is a must. That's the MP mode I enjoy most because I can better hide my awfulness amongst a crowd.

Bastos

Oct 25, 2017
- The return of blood splatters. Sounds stupid but the battlefield on MP is TOO CLEAN without it, it's weird.
- No sprint (won't happen)

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Halo:CE level campaign mode with multiple different enemies that are fun to fight and open areas like in Halo 1 and 3. Fun gunplay and great memorable music.

Jun 17, 2018
I just want a good Halo game. It can be like the 5th game but with better art direction, less boring enemies and be more open. I want to see sprawling open areas to fight covenant.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
1. Save cortana early on and have her in your head again. Develop relationship further.

2. Relatively simple shooting and running with no fancy abilities. Playing Halo CE is fun.

3. Play only as master chief

4. Fight mainly convenant and maybe one flood level.

5. Warthog final level

6. Halo 3 multiplayer, some good maps and basic modes. BUT include the PvPvE modes from halo 5 without the shitty card system.

7. Battle royale mode

8. A co-op dungeon crawl mode. Get as far, as fast, as possible. Partially rng generated.

6, 7 and 8 give cool and silly cosmetics for multiplayer. Not retro halo 1 masterchiefs but a clown or a schoolgirl or somwthjng.

Embrace the silliness in MP.

Oct 25, 2017
I want a couple of great big massive levels like CE but even more but NOT an open world.

I don't want skill trees and side quests and progression mechanics or any of that bullshit padding.

A story that doesn't require a good knowledge of the expanded lore would be cool too.

Halo 5 multiplayer was great so I'm fine with them just iterating on that but us like the map selection at launch to be better.

Oct 25, 2017
Oh and bring back the stupid victory dances/poses from the halo 5 multiplayer beta, that shit was wonderfully dumb.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
giphy.gif

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
crazy physics
no squad mates (other than occasionally coming across bands of marines/odsts)
wide open levels that dont feel video gamey
simplification of the controls and movemnt

GoxRx

Oct 27, 2017
I actually loved Halo 5 multiplayer so...

Add split screen and make a decent story. H5 single player was underwhelming compared to the other games.

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All I want is two things:

OG Halo gunplay. Nothing feels fun to shoot in 4 or 5. Bungie had that gunplay down to a science and I wish 343 could capture that magic.

Batter story. The story in 5 was just awful. It was stupid all around. Hell, I wish they'd retcon it.

Halo 5 has better gunplay than Halo 3.

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
No prometheans and music that captures the beauty and atmosphere of the Halo 1 and 2 scores.

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
If the music direction from the E3 2019 trailer is anything to go by, you'll get 1/2 of that.

Well IIRC we heard one of the motifs from the Halo 3 score: the four E's played on a piano at once is what I'm referencing here.

But I want to hear those super emotional, almost melancholic sweeping pieces from 2, and those very sci fi, moody tracks with a sort of tribal sequels feel to them from 1. Marty and Salvatori just killed it on those two games. 3's score was great too though don't get me wrong. Same with ODST and Reach obviously.

UltimateHigh

Oct 25, 2017
mechanics wise, a progression of h5, don't go back.

replaying reach competitively has solidified this opinion.

Puffy

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
A lot of halo players want different things, it will be interesting to see where the dust settles

dodo

Oct 27, 2017
bouncy warthog physics and the ability to blow up grenades that are on the ground with other grenades so i can fling the warthog across the map with my friends in co op

elLOaSTy

Oct 27, 2017
Open world Halo Ring where I can traverse from one end to the other. This would be amazing, but it also makes me wish the new game was built for next gen or at least scorpio as the base.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Sordid Plebeian 80s Old School

You're both probably right...I find the gameplay of halo multiplayer good fun, but the visual side of it gets boring. Just 20 differently coloured masterchiefs running around with slightly different visors....

dodo

Oct 27, 2017
i want the assault rifle to sound like bass boosted machinegun.wav again

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019
I think I want something recognizable but also completely new for the franchise. Is it going to be an open world, hub-based game? Is it gonna have seamless multiplayer integrated to a huge map? Maybe travel between worlds? I also think one of the best things of fairly weak entry that was Halo 5 is the updated gameplay, so I'd want that back with further improvements.

+1
i want a customs server browser Halo 5 added it and its the thing i have wanted since halo 3 forge

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They are not going to outright remove them, especially after how Halo 5 ended.

I expect radical changes, though. Halo 5 already had a pretty dramatically different take on them in Halo 4 mechanically, with the Knights being delegated to shitty Destiny sponges, rarely ever using the watchers, the inclusion of the soldiers, and every Promethean weapon changing functionality.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Ok I guess, but what a world we live in when, a 7ft super soldier in techno armor is boring. To each his own.
One of them is amazing! I still get chills seeing him on posters, or hearing the Gregorian chanting.

20 of them bunny hopping, mindlessly running into walls, or doing endless flips in a banshee, is less awe inspiring :)