• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

g23

Oct 27, 2017
I re-watched the extended edition trilogy (original) recently and it made me itch for a new LOTR video game so bad.

With Shadow of War in the books, where do you want to see WB go next with the franchise?

Personally, I just want a full blown mushuo LOTR style where you take part in all the iconic battles from the third war. Add in huge production values and the OST from the movies and I think you've got a really fun game!

What do y'all think? Where/what do you want the next LOTR video game to be like?

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
Hopefully a big ass RPG open world game set in the LOTR universe.

Oct 25, 2017
Think it would be cool for a book adaptation of LOTR. Not necessarily an adaptation of the movies, perhaps not even using the same likenesses or designs.
The books are too long and expansive for a movie, but perhaps a game could work

Orin

May 23, 2018
I'm still a fan of LOTR: The Third Age. Would be thrilled if something in that time period or style of game made a comeback.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I like the idea of a Dragon Age 1-esque role playing game. Would be even better if you can even choose race and starting point as well.

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
Maybe a remake of the movie games? They were a blast to play and having every single event into one game with good graphics and shit. Oooooo baby.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Something more faithful than more Shadow of Mordor/Shadow of War fanfiction.

Khrol

Oct 28, 2017
I'd kill for an open world Lord of the Rings RPG. There's so much potential there to tell stories.

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
Sim game where you're mayor of the Shire tbh. spend a few generations as steward of the land and manager of egos.

Toni

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Orlando, Florida
I would stab someone several times on the chest (if it need be!) for the chance to play one of the 4 wizards of Middle Earth in an open world.

tumblr_nhsy5c1ROI1t6saleo1_500.gif

tumblr_nhsy5c1ROI1t6saleo5_500.gif

tumblr_nhsy5c1ROI1t6saleo9_500.gif

Last edited:

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
Dragon Age except LotR. Customize your character and make choices along the way.

Shortiloe

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
The third Age remake and a biiiig RPG where I can actually choose to be good or evil. A Fallout-Like Game.
The world is so big, there is so much potential.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I honestly just don't want to see it. A game would be bound to be so generic fantasy compared to the wonder and creativity of the source.

Shadow of Mordor is the worst case scenario for a LOTR game, but even done well I don't think it would be nearly as good.

Deleted member 43789

User requested account closure
Banned
May 22, 2018
Nothing.
I want them to mutually agree to part ways on the deal so that Monolith can begin working on Blood 3.

Deleted member 16516

Oct 27, 2017
A tie-in with Amazon's TV series would be interesting, especially in light of Amazon's recent teasing and the potential for a series set in the Second Age.

WieDerrickWie

Jul 4, 2018
I hope Monolith is finished with the LOTR license and they make something new to be honest.
They've done three now, Monolith are too great to be stuck with a single IP

Deleted member 12555

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I get that for people invested in the franchise, it can be hard to see it so poorly used on the story front, but playing through Shadow of War now, and goddamn, Monolith just get violence. They got it with Condemned, and they get get it here.

They get this shit. Sound, camera movement, feedback, gameplay, you name it. I've killed so many orcs, but killing captains is always as satisfying as the first.

They can keep doing this, as far as I'm concerned. Or something with an equally fun combat system.

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
I've enjoyed the two games they've done this gen with the whole orc nemesis system but I don't see how they could stretch it to a third one.The world and lore would certainly fit an RPG,I doubt it will happen though.

TheRulingRing

Banned
Apr 6, 2018
I'd like them to make another game that glorifies violence and vengeance just like Tolkien intended.

Oh yeah, let's not forget the tasteless commodification of his works that he loved seeing in action as an ardent supporter of industrialisation.

Trejo

Oct 25, 2017
After what they did to Shelob I'm honestly expecting more hot monster waifus.

Carian Knight

Oct 27, 2017
Turkey
Give it to Creative Assembly after Warhammer 3.
Something more faithful than more Shadow of Mordor/Shadow of War fanfiction.
I'd kill for an open world Lord of the Rings RPG. There's so much potential there to tell stories.

Everything above. I especially don't want another game from Monolith I played Mordor but I didn't buy the Shadow both of them feels like something else other than being a LotR game.