• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What does the future of PlayStation look like?

• I see them declining significantly next gen and beyond given current trends

Votes: 150 13.3%
  • I see them maintaining a significant role in gaming next gen and beyond

Votes: 974 86.7%

• Total voters

DarkShame3

Alt Account
Banned
Jan 26, 2019
They will definitely remain a significant player. I don't expect them to do as well as they managed this gen (in relative terms, because I expect others to do better, and there will also be new big players to share the market with), but they won't be marginalized either.
I agree. I think Microsoft has made significant strides to catch up and potentially get ahead, but Sony will remain huge.

Jon God

Oct 28, 2017
I think the thing that most people forget is how global Sony is as a platform holder.

In a lot of the non US/Mexico/UK world, The Xbox Brand is basically about as alive as the Wii-U was last generation. MS generally doesn't do much to change this, and it's just been how it goes. Even during the 360 years, arguably the highest point of the Xbox brand, it struggled against the PS3, a system that basically shotgunned itself in the feet, because they just don't have the global presence to do the same thing Sony does.

Nintendo also is fairly global, but not on the same scale.

I think we'll see both Sony and Nintendo do very well next generation, too.