• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
Via The Star:
On March 5, a man named Adil Kayani went to the bathroom on an airplane travelling from Marrakech to Manchester. He was on the toilet for about 10 minutes, he told British newspaper the Independent, when he heard a knock at the door. He told the knocker, a flight attendant, that he'd be out soon, but he didn't get a chance to emerge on his own terms.
Instead the flight attendant forced their way into the lavatory on the suspicion, Kayani believes, that he was up to no good. He was still on the toilet when they opened the door.

"I feel completely violated," the 35-year-old Muslim, of Pakistani heritage, told the newspaper about the incident. "I think it's racial discrimination. They can see the colour of my skin."

Meanwhile, according to the Independent, the airline says it was following procedure and flight staff claimed Kayani had been in the bathroom for at least 15 minutes, not 10, hence their concern, and subsequent break-in.

But come on. Who hasn't taken a long time in an airplane bathroom? I certainly have, thanks in no small part to the Air Canada Bistro menu, and no one ignored my calls of "sorry, just a minute" before busting into my stall in a panic. But then, I don't look like Adil Kayani.

If you're still confused about what exactly white privilege means, it means that when you take a long time on the toilet, people assume you're taking a crap, not that you are readying yourself for a terrorist attack.
But white privilege is also this: wearing a MAGA hat around town — an accessory that is synonymous with xenophobia and racism — and playing the victim when someone gives you a hard time about it. In other words, white privilege is thinking you're an oppressed minority because you can't wear a racist symbol without being called a racist.

I'm certainly no fan of racial profiling, but if there's anyone I'm inherently suspicious of, and frankly afraid of, in a post-Pittsburgh, post-Christchurch world — in a society with a growing white nationalism problem — it's definitely not Muslims in the lavatory. It's white men wearing red hats that say Make America Great Again. Wouldn't it be nice, for a change, if one of those guys was rudely interrupted on the toilet?
There's much more at the link above. This was written in resonse to a recent incident in Toronto where a someone decided to come to a memorial for the Christchurch victims wearing a MAGA hat. Y'know that feeling when you have to make the death of others all about your fragile ego. Lock if old.

Rikucrafter

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
Australia
I'm mixed-white and it's amazing how much privilege I'm granted just because I don't show the 'brown' all that much; versus my sister, who is also mixed but more significantly displays the indigenous side of our heritage.

People out here pretending that privilege doesn't exist are absolutely insane and people are not treated the same way in the slightest. If I have to hear another story about how the Christchurch shooter was a "kind young man" who "grew into" a monster I'm going to flip shit because I damn well know he wouldn't be getting that same treatment if this was a minority executing the attack.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Saw a woman walk into the store yesterday with a black and white MAGA shirt emblazoned with an automatic rifle.

But if I said anything about the inappropriateness of wearing racist paraphernalia, I'd be the problem.

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
Another example. White mass shooters unless they kill themselves, usually walk away from their massacre unharmed. Black men who are even suspected of having a gun are killed on site.

Oct 27, 2017
Can't even use the bathroom. Damn shame.

As far as the question in the title: White people bending over backwards trying to find every justification under the sun to say the n-word. It never fails to get a chuckle out of me considering the pure irony of it all.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Huey.As always, with the realness.
5qUOnIG.gif

Also. You didn't expect me not to post these, did you ? 😝
boogie2988_middle_by_digi_matrix-db3h3ud.gif

s7kOMP4.png

17Peoples-articleLarge.jpg

Saw a woman walk into the store yesterday with a black and white MAGA shirt emblazoned with an automatic rifle.

But if I said anything about the inappropriateness of wearing racist paraphernalia, I'd be the problem.
Don't perpetuate hate. 😏

ps3ud0

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It amazing how much more civilised and hard-working you have to be while not being white just to be considered only just inferior...

Not something that ever will change

ps3ud0 8)

Oct 25, 2017
White male privillage is getting 6 million in donations to your presidential campaign in one day without a Senate career and after losing to Ted Cruz.

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Saw a white dude with a blue MAGA hat the other day. It's like they want to be racist but don't want to immediately stand out about itm

Cookie

Oct 26, 2017
Personally, I'm not down for discrimination unless it's MAGA discrimination.

MAGA hat toting cunts have made certain discrimination acceptable in my opinion. Congrats to them for making a liberal like me more likely to discriminate.

OP
OP
UnpopularBlargh
Oct 26, 2017
His response to criticism of that tweet was just as bad (if not worse):

Also the article articulates pretty well why Canadian Trump supporters shouldn't be given the benefit of the doubt unlike even their American counterparts:
As journalist Sana Saeed put it very well on Twitter this week, "Canadians who wear MAGA hats and support Trump terrify me on another level … their attraction to him isn't policy (he's not their elected leader), it's purely his rhetoric & what he symbolizes as the leader of the white insurgency." That or they're extremely loyal fans of The Apprentice.

Either way, they're a sad, scary bunch. Steer clear and stay vigilant.