• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
While the headline of DLC Pack 1 was Trial of the Sword we also received a few quality of life improvements such as the Korok Mask, a portable teleport marker and a map feature that displays where you've been in Hyrule over the last 200 hours of gameplay.

DLC Pack 2 is certainly more ambitious with its new story content and may be able to stand on its own without included perks but are there any other features or improvements you want to see in Breath of the Wild? I'm personally bursting for one very particular feature.

Photo Mode

Sure we can take some selfies with the Sheikah Slate but I'm talking a fully featured Super Mario Odyssey style photo mode. I have every Moon in Odyssey but I'm still going back to the game just to take crazy pictures, it's basically the ultimate post game activity. I want Odyssey's exact photo mode extracted and slapped onto Zelda. This rendition of Hyrule is full of so much beauty and obscenity and I want to be able to capture it with complete freedom.
DNtBgiiV4AAh-ot.jpg

So what else do you guys want to see in Breath of the Wild's second DLC Pack?

Oct 25, 2017
After Odyssey, the lack of:
  • playing with dogs
  • shitacular photo mode
Is pretty unacceptable.
Get your shit together, Zelda team.

(Darknuts and a new traditional dungeon)

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
An overhaul on the UI for the game would be appreciated, seriously. The Menu's are extremely awful in Breath of the Wild, feels like they were designed for the Wii U Touch Pad, then they move over to the switch and didn't modify the UI at all. Same goes for buying/selling stuff and making things with food (They should be a cookbook that you fill with recipes when you cook them the first time, then you have the choice to either cook freely or cook a batch of a particular recipe you've already made.)

A "Time Savers" addition, sorta like what they did with the 3DS Streetpass games might get me into the game to play it again... I gave up after getting bored in Hebra and getting 2 Trials of Major Strength in a row.

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
Just adding new enemies and new weapons would go a long way for me. Not the way the first dlc handled new armor, but actually implementing those new weapons and enemies into the overworld.
I'd really like a lengthy dungeon too, and as someone else said, darknuts would be awesome. Maybe yiga clan samurai darknuts? To put a new spin on it.

antennaehead

Oct 27, 2017
Putting the obvious aside (new enemies and all that stuff), one of the tiniest things that I really need in my adventures are the emotes. Not the camera emotes, the normal ones. Plenty of times I found myself in need to spend some time waiting for something and wishing there was simple "sit" emote, just to sit down and relax and watch the world go.

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
I want the ocean to the south/east expanded upon. Give me a mini-Wind Waker expansion with craftable boats and a home island that you can upgrade like Tarrey Town.

GoldStarz

Oct 25, 2017
More enemies, just freaking GOD give me more enemies than the tiny handful that we have. And I don't mean colors, I mean actual new enemies.

After Odyssey, the lack of:
  • playing with dogs
  • shitacular photo mode
Is pretty unacceptable.
Get your shit together, Zelda team.

(Darknuts and a new traditional dungeon)
You can play with dogs

Deleted member 3815

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fully fleshed out dungeons akin to Zelda games of old, a decently told story (with the option to disable voice acting), an easier spot to obtain rupees and something to upgrade the Master Sword into making it an unbreakable weapon.

The Menu's are extremely awful in Breath of the Wild, feels like they were designed for the Wii U Touch Pad, then they move over to the switch and didn't modify the UI at all.

Because that's pretty much what they did, Breath of the Wild is a Wii U game from the ground up.

Deleted member 15457

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Darknut fights.

The base game could really have used 1 on 1 duels against humanoid opponents with similar abilities.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Fully fleshed out dungeons akin to Zelda games of old, a decently told story (with the option to disable voice acting), an easier spot to obtain rupees and something to upgrade the Master Sword into making it an unbreakable weapon.

Because that's pretty much what they did, Breath of the Wild is a Wii U game from the ground up.

Even then, why disable those Wii U features in the Wii U version? I felt they delayed the game for the Switch Launch already so they could have made a better UI for the switch, but I don't see any reason they should turn off the Gamepad Touchscreen menus for the Wii U outside of the malicious reason of making the Wii U version weaker to make the Switch version look like the more attractive product.

FrostyLemon

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I just want at least one old school style dungeon based around an item. It was the only thing that I missed from BOTW.

A few other little things:

Maybe a blacksmith to make your weapons unbreakable (post game).
Having Hyrule Castle and the surrounding areas show some kind of life.
New weapons, armour, enemies, another house.

Crazy stuff:

I want a red loftwing to fly on.

OP
OP
Jonneh

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
  • It'd be nice to have a little gauge or other indicator in the inventory that shows just how damaged your weapons are, since there's a lot of room between pristine (sparkling) and broken.
  • A recipe book that allows you to save recipes and then auto-hold the correct ingredients.
  • The gem-based head items bestow the same set bonus as the armor pieces they mimic, so you get the ability to, say, Swim Dash from Opal Earrings in addition to the Swim Speed up perk that the Zora Armor grants.
  • Climbing Claws weapon that allows you to climb in the rain.
  • Maybe the option to play as Linkle?
Those first two seem do-able, the last two are just kind of wishful thinking. The third one may actually function that way, but it's been a while since I've played so maybe I'm forgetting. Pretty sure the gem-based headpieces don't get the special perk though.

These are very possible and reasonable. Great suggestions!

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
-Several new themed traditional dungeons.

-More shrines.

-More enemy variety

-More meaty sidequests. Add a few caves/castles/mansions/whatever with story related quests in them.

Common Knowledge

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
What I hope/expect and probably will be disappointed if it doesn't have it: a new set of shrines, about 15-20 of them.

What I would really like but realize it could be wishful thinking: brand new, classic Zelda enemies like the Darknut

Crazy wishful thinking that probably won't happen: a brand new location to explore beyond the main game's Hyrule.

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Well, this is the things a want:

- A chance to see a more populated hryule, or at least people rebuilding castle town.
- One oldstyle dungeon, inside a temple or doing a really good quest for it.
- More enemies

And also, how big everyone thinks it will be? Considering Nintendo track record aith DLC, i expect a pretty substantial content

Deleted member 1476

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Something to negate rain when climbing. Watch them make a climbing claw but made of metal so you get fucked when it's a thunderstorm.

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
I really hope to find interesting stuff within the environment like Xenoblade!

Common Knowledge

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hoping that castle town and hyrule castle will be spruced up a bit and other ruined places.

It's actually rather interesting cause logic says that something has to be different with Hyrule Castle/Town, considering it takes place after the main story. It would be rather stupid and immersion-breaking to still have Calamity Ganon possessing the castle when everyone is acting like you already defeated him. The lowest expectation will be that it's just a deserted place now, with no enemies even, but that'd also be kind of dumb. There definitely has to be some rebuilding/restructuring going on at the place, even if it's rather minimal just to show that, yeah, they're working to rebuild it. The dream of course would be to fully explore the Town in all of its glory again, but that would be rather unrealistic from both a development standpoint and in-game story one.

secretanchitman

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
More dungeons that are full-fledged
Unbreakable Master Sword
More enemy types (not just colors)
In progress of rebuilding/populated Hyrule Castle and Castle Town
Better photo mode

Nav

Oct 27, 2017
  • Links' Divine Beast added as a new dungeon in the central plains area - Vah Epona !
  • Enough shrines to max both stamina and hearts
  • A macguffin like the ocarina, which drastically changes the world (e.g. floods everything, time travels, dark world)
  • Iron boots or let me dive
  • Photo mode
  • Pet the dogs

Arthoneceron

Oct 27, 2017
Minas Gerais, Brazil
I want just few small things

_A recipe note that I can put the whole ingredients from the meals.
_A vault in the house that I can store my items and furnish the place in the way I want.
_A way to have a domestic animal, to pet and etc.
_To have a stable to store and take care of my horses
_To have a plantation.
_A good way to decorate my house in the way I want it.

Unrealistic things:
_Submarine exploration
_More story, not just some kinda of non-linear story where we are just a spectator from things that already passed,
_New places to explore.

Jencks

Oct 25, 2017
Ideally more than one older style dungeon.

How much content should we be expecting here?

Revali

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Rito Village
I'd like playable champions, but from what has been said it seems like that isn't going to happen. Link gets boring after a while, if you ask me. I hope the focus isn't on a new dungeon or anything like that. Would much prefer more backstory or story in general.

MetalLord

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
When i opened the topic and seen your image, i thought you wanted fedora wearing shibes in zelda

Dunban

Oct 28, 2017
  • Playable Yunobo
  • Gritty, interactive sex scenes
  • Bokoblins perched atop a Darknut riding a Lynel
  • Revelation that Kilton was the Happy Mask Salesman all along
But no, the thing I want more than anything is out of the scope of the DLC, and probably contrary to some deliberate design choices aside: real-time food consumption a la estus + severely constricted food inventory slots. I understand why it is the way it is, but personally it's the only huge flaw in an otherwise stellar game.

My girlfriend is adamant that DLC 2 will bring underwater exploration into the game. That's clearly wishful thinking, but I'm sympathetic to the concept. The coastal areas in BotW, while wonderfully ambiant, felt rather underutilised.

Don Fluffles

Oct 28, 2017
Pretty much what everyone said here. But I'd also want to see randomized instances of Ganon's minions invading towns that you have to clear. That way, they actually feel like a greater threat to the world.

newmoneytrash

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Photo mode would be amazing but, like the video recording features, it's still going to come way too late for this game

All I want is one big meaty traditional style dungeon. Anything on top of that is gravy

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
Roc's Cape

let me Superman 'cross the country side

Spinner

let me ride spinners at its full speed from that TP boss battle

brykuhn91

Oct 27, 2017
I want to sail to a new land that is around the size of the Plateau. Hopefully it will have a brand new town and a sizable dungeon.

Also it would be cool to have a loft wing to fly around.