• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
"But era told me X, but now you're saying/it is Y!"

This shit grinds my gears somewhat, I've been guilty of it before but it's really, really dumb. 99 out of 100 times they are talking about two separate people's opinions from two separate threads and days/weeks/months apart. Era is not one person.

What other forum tropes annoy you?

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
controversial thread opens
  • "popcorns are ready"
  • "this thread is going to be amazing"
  • "here to read the replies like"
  • "this thread gonna be gooooooood"
  • "generic [see staff post] joke #792
  • "lmao forum meltdown incoming"

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
tenor.gif

PrimeBeef

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What is the most annoying thread title format and why is it this one?
No the most annoying are the threads that pop up almost weekly about such and such game/movie/book/album is X years old today. Not so much the recognition of something that came out a while ago, but the people within that seem unaware of how time works.

Deleted member 59339

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Aug 19, 2019
I hate it when someone makes a typo in a thread title, or posts in the wrong section or something, and 35 people feel the need to comment on it.

We get it after the first reply, people. You're just creating spam for me to scroll past to get to the actual conversation.

jml

Mar 9, 2018
So many thread creators can't simply say they really like x or "x appreciation thread", they always have to start the thread with something like "can we talk about how x is the best ____ ever?" so in the thread instead of people praising the thing OP is talking about it's an endless argument about whether it's truly the best.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
So many thread creators can't simply say they really like x or "x appreciation thread", they always have to start the thread with something like "can we talk about how x is the best ____ ever?" so in the thread instead of people praising the thing OP is talking about it's an endless argument about whether it's truly the best.

That's a tactic to generate response.

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The parroting of the first viewpoint/s in a thread. Over and over and over. Same thing with dog piling.

"white" people threads

Boy Wander

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
UK
Anyone posting "oof" or fucking "Yikes".
Pocorn gif.
Dude putting down chair gif.
Inconsistent moderation.
Fanbois.
Fake outrage.
Too much negativity.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
"Why can't any of you be normal". A phrase used by those who probably project to an unhealthy degree.

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yikes
Hyperbole

Never in my life have I used these words in person with anyone or heard anyone say them besides seeing them online.

Nairume

SaGa Sage
Oct 25, 2017
Etcetera thread gets accidentally posted to Gaming: a dozen posters scramble to pile on somebody who made an honest mistake
Gaming thread gets accidentally posted to Etcetera: a dozen posters scramble to pile on somebody who made an honest mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.