Exellus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
That is to say, maybe it's not the best game ever created, but that you can't think of anything lacking about it. A game you wouldn't change (or would change the least).

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
Resident Evil 4. I really don't know what i would change about that game, it might also be the best game of all time though.

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Super Metroid
Super Mario World
Pokemon Gold/Silver
Civlization V with both expansions
Age of Empires II: The Age of Kings
Burnout 3: Takedown

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
Metal Gear Solid.

Great acting, design, story, gameplay. I love everything about it. I guess the only thing that might make it better would be to update the graphics, but even then I'm not so sure. I actually love the way it looks and would be afraid that a facelift might do more harm than good.

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
God of War PS4 was very very very polished. Looking back I still struggle to find any real faults
Recently maybe Spiderman was also in the same boat but it's 100% reqs do fall into the mundane task area a little too much.

Ebullientprism

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Spelunky. Literally cant think of anything I can add to it that would make it better.

Which is also why I worry a little about the sequel.

Really? Lost Izalith, Demon Ruins, Bed of motherfucking Chaos etc

I fucking LOVE Dark Souls but there is at least 1/3 of the game that can be SOOOOOOOOO much better.

Zutrax

"This guy are sick"
Oct 31, 2017
Paper Mario is damn near perfect for what it's trying to be. I love literally everything about it, most fun I've had with a JRPG and turn based combat, not too long and bloated, incredible timeless visuals and music, charming as hell. Love it.

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
Super Metroid and my opinion hasn't changed since its release and I've replayed it many times. It's the 1 game I consider a 10/10.

A few more that I consider to be absolute top-line, but not quite 10/10:

LttP
Dracula X: Rondo of Blood
OoT
Monkey Island 2
Mario 3

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
Dark Souls. It has one area that sucks which also has a shitty boss but otherwise the game is perfection. No game is perfect so this is the closest to me.

Dukie85

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Dark Cloud 2. Not my favorite game ever, but easily in my top 5. It's a game I'll treasure forever.

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
God of War PS4 was very very very polished. Looking back I still struggle to find any real faults
Recently maybe Spiderman was also in the same boat but it's 100% reqs do fall into the mundane task area a little too much.
The camera angle is way too close, the FOV is way too narrow, the story is way too McGuffins based, the pacing is way too uneven...
The story is terrible, the voice acting is awful, the combat is subpar relative to the rest of the game, it is severely lacking in enemy variety...

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
Donkey Kong Country 2 is a 99.9/100 for me. It's perfect in so many ways. The only thing I could see as a negative is that turning off the game takes away all your banana coins, but it's super easy to run into a level, grab some, and exit the level. Such a minor problem and it's the only thing I can think of.

Starwing

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2018
F-Zero GX for me. All it needs is online and a track creator of some kind.

reminio

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Lincoln, UK
Bloodborne. The gameplay, story, controls, visuals and music are all excellent. Everything just comes together so wonderfully. The only issue I really have with it is the framerate stability.

Deleted member 4037

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nothing really, I only find perfection in aspects, not really games as a whole

As for closest, maybe portal? The writing and mechanics are on point

Ichi

Banned
Sep 10, 2018
Tactics Ogre Let Us Cling Together.

art, music, audio, level design, story, gameplay - the game has all those in spades.

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
It can only be Tetris. It does what it sets out perfectly, has an absolutely iconic visual presentation and is a design that is so abstracted, in a positive sense, that it essentialy transcends cultural boundaries.

MillionIII

Banned
Sep 11, 2018
The last guardian.
I have a personal connection to this game, the fps needs to be more stable but that's it.