• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 59955

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 14, 2019
Since The Last of Us 2 has been delayed due to Sony not being able to make physical copies, it seems that this could be a problem for the other planned games to release this year. But maybe some companies will opt to do just digital releases and then wait till later for physical copies.

Tell me what games you do expect and what games you don't expect to come out this year.

I expect to release this year:

- Assassins Creed: Vikings

- Call of Duty: Black Ops V

- Warner Bros Montreal's new Batman game

- Fable 4

- The Avengers

- Cyberpunk 2077

- Lego Star Wars: Skywalker Saga

- Ghost of Tsushima

- The Last of Us 2

I don't expect to release this year:

- Elden Ring

- Dying Light 2

- Far Cry 6

- Gods and Monsters

- Beyond Good and Evil 2

- Watch Dogs Legion

- Harry Potter RPG

- Rocksteady's new game

There's no way Black Ops V will get delayed. Activision would still release it even if the world was ending.

Last edited:

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
Any game between May and July/August that still counts on physical sales.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, how on Earth do you think TLOU2 won't make 2020 when the game is done and just needs to be printed on a disc, but games like Cyberpunk or Avengers will?

Kamiyouni

Oct 30, 2017
If it's finished and ready it will come.
If not, I have 250+games to keep me busy until then.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Because Sony said it's delayed Indefinitely. Which means it could be delayed for a while.

"Delayed indefinitely" means "We don't know when the virus will allow us to print copies." By definition, there is no scenario where TLOU2 is somehow unable to print discs before the end of 2020 but a bunch of other games later in the year are.

Wallace Wells

May 24, 2019
You think The Last of Us 2 isn't going to be released this year despite the game actually being finished but Cyberpunk is?

If anything the games scheduled to come out at the end of the year are definitely going to become 2021 releases

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
OP your lists are messed up.

AC Vikings isn't announced and probably had a big hit to development just before crunch. It could slip.

tlou2 is just waiting for a safe release

OP
OP

Deleted member 59955

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 14, 2019
I guess now I see that TLOU 2 has a more likely chance of coming out this year than these other games like Cyberpunk and Assassins Creed. But I think games like Call of Duty and Assassins Creed could release via digital only. Activison already does it. MW2R doesn't have a physical release.

OP your lists are messed up.

AC Vikings isn't announced and probably had a big hit to development just before crunch. It could slip.

tlou2 is just waiting for a safe release

Ubisoft said they'll be sharing more info on those 5 new games they have in May + they're doing a digital event so Assassins Creed will be announced with one of those.