• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
RedSwirl

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, the Galaxy games don't really need new assets (outside of a few aspects). They look absolutely stunning in HD on the Dolphin.

Now Super Mario 64 on the other hand...

I would've said that, but one of the best examples of an asset overhaul in my opinion is Modern Warfare Remastered, which originally came out in the same year as Mario Galaxy.

Mochi

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
Demons Souls jank needs to go through art restoration, dutifully preserving its awkwardness. In fact from what I've seen from emulation not a whole hell of a lot needs to be done to make it perfect.

One game where I'd go the opposite direction is Diablo 2 --- keep the art the same (go the pixel art route) but add just a few of the conveniences of 3.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I may be in a minority here but I don't think Shadow of the Colossus needed a remake. I think that it's aesthetic still perfectly transmits what the original author intended and I'd argue it's one of the 3D PS2 titles that have best stood the test of time.
Well, that game pushed the PS2 a bit past it's limits, running at a sub 30 frame rate pretty often. The PS3 version is great though. Same game as the PS2 version, but running at a steady 60.

Unrelated--Would love to see a Metroid Prime 1 remake with the magic of modern lighting and PBR materials on the Switch.

MidiPour

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
MDK2
Final Fantasy VIII, IX, VI and X
Glover
Phantasy Star Online
Snatcher and Policenauts
Silent Hill 2 and 3
Oni
Morrowind

Oct 28, 2017
Oh boy, do I have good news for you!

the_twin_snakesy5u2s.jpg

1408.gif

I never realized it was a graphical remaster until I read your post.

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
I'd like to see some personal gems from the 64/PS1 era get a treatment like this. Also a smattering of others.

Extreme G
Episode 1 Racer
Final Fantasy VIII
Front Mission 3
Tiberian Sun
Freelancer
Diablo 2
Phantasy Star Online

That's just off the top of my head. I'm sure I could think of plenty more that would benefit from just a new coat of paint.

Oct 28, 2017
Max Payne still holds up mechanically near flawlessly but a substantial visual overhaul would serve it real well.

I was literally about to say this too. I guess great minds think alike :) Speaking of great minds, I hope Remedy Games get hired by Rockstar Games to develop a new Max Payne game for this generation.

wishful thinking ofcourse :(

James3D

Oct 25, 2017
Final Fantasy IX
Fallout 1 and 2
I'd like Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2X HD, all looking good but playing the same, with all the same music but they already messed up once so I don't think I'm gonna get it.

Last edited:

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Mega Man Zero series. Throw in ZX while you're at it.

A Final Fantasy IX Remake is my dream and I'll cry a river and simultaneously have a heart attack when it gets announced.

I'd say Metal Gear Solid 3, but I don't want just a visual remake for that. Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain played too damn well, I wanna be able to transition between a crouch walk (seriously, what the fuck do you call that?) and crawl and do all those other cool shit you can do there.