• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RiamuFG

Director at Chuhai Labs
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Kyoto, Japan
This year has been excellent for games and there is never enough hours in the day. What games are you pushing back to 2018?

I am looking forward to Wolfenstein 2 being my game of next year.

Camp1nCarl

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely Persona 5. No way am I getting the time to finish that this year. A few other big titles like Resident Evil 7, Mario+Rabbids, and maybe Xenoblade 2 will probably get picked up/played next year.

energon

Oct 25, 2017
Anything I get after Odyssey and Xenoblade Chronicles 2. LA Noire, South Park, the Switch ports of Doom and Wolfenstein and maybe a few others will be fun to play next year.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I gave up on Persona 5 midway through - I should probably finish it just so I can say that I did.

Past that...Wolfenstein, if I can get confirmation it has less of the infernal camera-shake that gave me migraines in the first game. I might try Shadow of War once I can get it for very, very cheap, as well.

Escalario

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Super Mario Odyssey.
I have my hands full with Fire Emblem Warriors and Etrian Odyssey V, and Xenoblade 2 will take priority over every other Switch stuff.

Emerald

Oct 25, 2017
Resident Evil 7, as im waiting for the gold edition and Xenoblade will surely eat up December for me.

Ex-Psych

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Assassin Creed Origin, Rime and possibly Horizon Zero Dawn.

Just don't have the time when Odyssey is just around the corner.

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
I really want to get around to Night in the Woods before GOTY deliberations, but I just don't think I'm gonna have time.

Easily my biggest blind-spot this year.

AussieCedric

Oct 25, 2017
Nioh DLC. I finished the base game and loved it, bought the season pass, then Tekken 7 came out and it got shelved :(

Came back to it later and my Nioh skills have eroded completely, and the expansion content is all high level stuff that plays as if you have been playing consistently all along. I'm not complaining, just won't have the time to get back into the groove until next year.

Akari

Oct 25, 2017
Still gotta play Hollow Knight, looking forward to it but I've got too much on my plate to start.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Almost certainly Prey. I don't intend to go back to the game any time soon, and when I do I'll probably start from the beginning rather than resume my current playthrough.

mwmike11

Oct 25, 2017
Most of the games I've bought this year, I played and beat immediately. I'm gonna see about getting Prey and Nier on Black Friday, but those will likely become backlogged for next year.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
I'd be lucky if I could make it to 2017's titles before the end of the year. I'm still playing through 2016's releases.

Promo

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Most big titles, really, haven't been able to spend much money on games recently, due to being out of a job and that.

Still, means I'll have double the games to play next year.

Oct 25, 2017
It's extremely unlikely I'll get to Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia this year. I'm usually an early adopter when it comes to FE, but I haven't even had my fill of Fates. Likewise, I've passed on FE Warriors for the time being; I appreciate that it exists but don't feel the itch for a Musou, and certainly don't have the time to commit to it.

I'm curious about one or both of the Switch ports of Skyrim and LA Noire, but one or both of them will also get bumped. Absolutely no time to spare between an allegedly huge Odyssey, a probably huge Xenoblade 2, and BotW DLC to round out the year.

itspapagreg

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if I'm even halfway through with Persona 5. Havent touched it in a few months now due to other things going on. Tried to pick it up a couple of times and lose interest quickly. It's quite text heavy and Im not always in the mood for that. Im sure ill finish it sometime next year

Voror

Oct 25, 2017
2017? I've got stuff before then that I need to get to.

Off the top of my head for this year though?

Persona 5 (A bit over midway through the game, not sure why I stopped though I think I was just busy)
Nier Automata
Yakuza 0
Gravity Rush 2
Horizon
Utawarerumoto: Both Masks (Might be able to beat the first)
Probably some others I'm not thinking of.

MattWilsonCSS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A -lot- of indie games. I just am not able to get to them yet. Stuff like Bleed 2, Magic Wand, Grave Chase, Recursed, Another Lost Phone, Monolith, Hidden Folks, Mad Age & This Guy, Trackless, The Frostrune, Maggie's Apartment, The Norwood Suite, Kingsway, Cat Quest, The Little Acre, Omega Strike, Splasher, Skylar & Plux, Blossom Tales, The Wardrobe, The Low Road, Paradigm, Code 7, Signal from Tolva, Xing the Land Beyond, Thimbleweed Park, Snake Pass, Hollow Knight... honestly I could go on and on. I'm so dang behind, still playing 2016 indies.

tgrfawcett

Oct 25, 2017
Utah
There are a few that have already fallen into that category simply because I want them really cheap or have yet to play them with other games taking my time. Agents of Mayhem, Uncharted the Lost Legacy, Yakuza Kiwami, maybe a few other indie titles I can't remember at the moment.

Jeremiah

Oct 25, 2017
2017 has been great for releases. Well, as far as my taste are concerned. First time in a while I've got more games to play than time to play them. Early into next year, i see myself playing these 2017 games:

Nier
P5
Prey
Ass creed
Xenoblade 2

A lot of time sink games lol

BoTalksGames

Oct 25, 2017
United States
I haven't picked a lot of these up but I plan to.

Horizon: Zero Dawn
Persona 5
Ni-Oh
Gravity Rush 2
Cuphead
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (playtime will seep into 2018, anyway).

I'm sure I'll still be playing stuff like Breath of the Wild and Fire Emblem Warriors in 2018, but since I've already finished them I wouldn't really count 'em.

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
Golf Story and probably Xenoblade 2

Oh, and Hat in Time and Yooka-Laylee. And Rime. Probably some others I'm forgetting

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
Persona 5
Gravity Rush 2
Nier Automata
Assassin's Creed Origins
Wolfenstein
Prey

and the list goes on and on......

Evoker

Oct 25, 2017
Resident Evil VII.

I did not get a chance to play it when it came out. I have been wanting to play the whole game in VR, but did not get the chance. I moved and did not take my VR headset with me, so I probably won't get a chance to play it again until the holidays or 2018.

Jeremiah

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm noticing a lot of you have similar games in the backlog. Are y'all weird like me and have already bought the games you haven't played yet(but plan to) lol? Could have saved some serious change had i waited for BF

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hell most of them. This year is too insanely good.

I STILL haven't played Persona 5, Nier Automata, or Yakuza 0 for example

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
My current flow of games is Cuphead --> Mario Odyssey --> Mario + Rabbids --> South Park --> Wolfenstein. Let's see if I even get close to getting through those. My "once I get a PS4" list is really long.

Ventara

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Oh man, there are sooooooo many. Gonna have to consult my list for this as I can't list them all off of the top of my head.

Danganronpa V3
Dragon Quest VIII
Yakuza 0
Yakuza Kiwami
Uncharted: Lost Legacy
Poochy & Yoshi's Wooly World
Ys Origin
Horizon: Zero Dawn
Persona 5
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky the 3rd
Tokyo Xanadu
Yonder: The Cloud Catcher Chronicles
Splatoon 2
Hey! Pikmin
Undertale (might be able to squeeze this in between Mario and Xenoblade)
Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun
Pillars of Eternity: Complete Edition
Utawarerumono: Mask of Truth
Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception
Monster Hunter Stories
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Metroid: Samus Returns
Dishonored: Death of the Outsider
Muv Luv Alternative
Steamworld Dig 2
Golf Story
Dragon's Dogma: Dark arisen
Layton's Mystery Journey
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions
Middle-Earth: Shadow of War
Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth
Fire Emblem Warriors
Assassin's Creed Origins
Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus
Zweii (if it releases this year)

...and this is the culled list.

Edit: Forgot about Gravity Rush 2. Gotta get on that sooner though before the servers close.

Last edited:

TheChamp

Abused the Buy/Sell/Trade thread
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty much everything after Mario
Horizon Zero Dawn DLC
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Wolfenstein
South Park
Ni-Oh
Shadow of War (own choosing refuse to pay full price with its loot boxes)

Min

Oct 25, 2017
Probably everything... I haven't had the time or really the want to dig into games as much as the past few years. I got through a few long games, notably Zelda and TMS on the Wii U, but I've been struggling to get through games that last on a few hours now.

Xumbrega

Oct 25, 2017
Brasil
Zelda BOTW
Mario Odissey
Mario vs Rabbids
Xenoblade 2

Every Switch game since I plan to buy one only on 2018 :P

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Xenoblade 2
Horizon Zero Dawn
Wolfenstein
Hellblade
Get Even
Observer
Outlast 2
Little Nightmares
Rime
Edith Finch
Night in the Woods

I've been going through the PS4 backlog, trying to buy fewer games until they are cheaper. Hopefully some of those PSN titles will have decent holiday sales so I can pre-load them for early-mid 2018. :)

Goddo Hando

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
I've made a good dent running through as much as i can in 2017, however i can't hold all these games.
I'm hoping 2018 gives me some time to breathe so i can play Nioh and Horizon

Deleted member 2229

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Deep discount Shadow of War and Destiny 2 with DLC
Zero interest in playing either in their current state to be frank.

MaskedNdi

Oct 25, 2017
Horizon Zero Dawn, Yakuza Kiwami, and a massive list of indie games. I thought I'd get through a lot of games this summer, but that didn't really happen for me. I hope to finally play RE7 this weekend.

Deleted member 16272

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017
Pretty much all the first party games on the switch as I won't be picking up one this year. Too many games on the 3DS still to play but so little time.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Probably Origins. It's almost november and I might have a lotof games to complete before I even get to Origins.