• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Boat Times

Made the Grade
Oct 25, 2017
This year was a serious overload of amazing games. I think I've bought and played more video games this year than I have the previous 3-5 years. (I don't buy a LOT of games during a year, so this wasn't too hard to beat). But there are a few that I definitely want to play and just won't be getting to this year (Pretty sure it's just Mario from here until January. Might end up with one more game before then but I doubt it)

The definitely playing next year list:

Yakuza 0- If I end up getting another game this year, it'll be this one I think.

Mordor- It looks like it'll be really fun, and I really want to play it, but I can't justify a full price purchase. Gonna pick it up during a sale for sure sometime next year.

These next few are ones I'm interested in for sure, but just don't know if I'll ever actually end up buying and playing:

Nier: Automata- Having to beat it multiple times to get the full story has me a little leery of buying this. I understand that after the second time beating it it's essentially a completely different game, but it still feels like it'll take a lot of time.

Divinity 2- I never played the first one, but this looks really good. Years ago I probably would have bought this day one, but I find myself bouncing off really big CRPGs now days. I stopped playing Pillars of Eternity after about 10 hours, same with Fallout 4.

Wolfenstein New Colossus- I'm not a huge fan of shooters, but this one looks really fun and I kind of just want to buy it because of it's anti-nazi marketing.

Fire Emblem Warriors- I love Fire Emblem (still playing through Echoes, actually), but this came out a week before Mario and it just wasn't winning that battle. I also kind of feel like this and Mordor are fighting for the same space, and Mordor just seems a little more interesting to me. If this had characters outside of Awakening, Fates and FE1 I'd probably be more interested. How is there no Ike?! I wanted to play as Nephenee, also!

Horizon: Zero Dawn- This came out right around Zelda. Like Warriors and Mordor, those two games are similar enough where it was one or the other. Haven't had time to get to this, and I usually can only handle one big open world game a year anyhow.

The next ones are if I find them extremely cheap I might pick them up:

Resident Evil 7- Never played any previous RE games, but the buzz around this one during release was good and it looks intriguing.

Nioh- Not a fan of the Souls genre. Generally too hard for me, but this seems like a cool mash up between Diablo, Souls and Ninja Gaiden.

Note: These lists didn't account the numerous indie games which I plan on buying and playing. I usually wait to load up on those during the steam winter sale.

Aarglefarg

Oct 27, 2017
Same here lol. Still working through 2015 and 2016, and in quite a few cases, even earlier... BTW, aren't you the person who makes the "Beat 3 in a month" threads?

Nah that's Aarglefarg. I usually do the weekly "Whatcha Been Playin'" threads.
Hi. :)
As I can't create threads here (the codes all went out at bad times for me :)), does anyone want to take over at least until I can create threads?

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Wolfenstein 2 and probably Horizon Zero Dawn.

Perhaps BOTW and Odyssey if I decide to get a Switch.

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017

mas8705

Oct 27, 2017
Two games come to mind: Nier, Shadows of War and Battlefront 2.

I never got around to trying out Nier since it came out at a time all other games did. As for the other two, I can wait until the price drops for those two.

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
Assassin's Creed: Origins
Life is Strange prequel
South Park: TFBW
Outlast 2
What Remains of Edith Finch
Hellblade

Might add some more.

Noble

Oct 27, 2017
Considering I just bought Titanfall 2 (amazing game btw), ...

LA Noire, Wolfenstein 2 & AC Origins probably.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully Odyssey and Zelda. Fishing for a Switch this Christmas :)

If I don't get one, probably Nier, Wolfenstein, Dishonored: DoTO, and maybe the Okami Remaster

Coaster17

Oct 27, 2017
For sure backlog games are Lost Legacy, GT Sport and Xenoblade 2.

There will probably be a lot more I won't finish before the year ends.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
I've only played 4 2017 titles so far, so everything other than that. I've still got a bunch of games from 2016 I haven't played yet.

gattotimo

Oct 28, 2017
Huge list, basically I already have my 2018 covered just by 2017 backlog :lol:

. Horizon Zero Dawn and DLC (already sitting on my shelf, I may manage to get to this one before 2018 kicks in actually)
. The Evil Within 2 (first game is one of my favourite horror games ever, so it's a no brainer)
. Wolfenstein 2 (I finally got around to start and enjoy TNO. I disliked the first level so much that I basically put the game and the whole serie on hold for 2 years before trying again. Awesome game, once you move past the first mission)
. Cuphead (I don't have an XBone nor a gaming PC, put I'm getting either one of those in 2018 for sure and Cuphead will be the first thing I play on it)
. Life is Strange - Before the Storm (big fan of the first game, will probably start this one before 2017 ends)
. Nioh (next game I'll play after TNO and TOB is going to be Bloodborne: if I end up liking it, I'm surely picking up Nioh)
. Resident Evil 7 (put it on hold since I wanted to experience it in VR... in a few weeks I'll finally move to my new apartment, and PSVR will be one of the housewarming gifts I'll be giving myself :))
. Elex (never played a PB game before... but the way is talked about in here is tempting me to try it)