• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
In botw we got
Swords
2 handed swords
Axes
Clubs
Spears
Boomerang
And magic rods

And some random weapons that fit into those molds such as brooms with spears and lizalfos arms as boomeramgs.

Now I think the 2 obvious over-all weapon types to add are whips, and ball and chains

Link used a whip in spirit tracks and skyward sword, the ball and chains in twilight princess, both these can become standard weapons like the boomerang did.

The new fighting style would add good variety and allow new variations of existing enemies such as bokoblin and moblins, along with some hopefully brand new enemies to the botw formula.

Deleted member 4037

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I dont think it matters, I would rather them focus on how enemies react to each weapon type and have various enemy types so the different weapons mean something. Really all they are boils down to charge times and reach. I would rather them keep a small pool of weapon types with various variations on those types and have them be meaningful than just putting in whatever

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Give me a lasso, I want to hog tie bokoblins and throw them off a cliff

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I think you can guess what I'd want. And Microsoft has been getting all chummy with Nintendo lately...

Mirage Coordinator

Alt account
Banned
Feb 22, 2019
ROCS FEATHER AND PEGASUS BOOTS

That we have still never gotten them in a 3D game after all these years is my biggest disappointment with the series. It would open up the level and game design so much more.

Mirage Coordinator

Alt account
Banned
Feb 22, 2019
why would you need the roc feather if you can already jump in botw?

While its true that sprint and manually jumping in BoTW are similar in concept to the pegasus boots and rocs feather, its not how I always envisioned them working in a 3D environment. I guess I'd just like to see them used in a more dramatic way that gives Link a ton of mobility to really open up the combat and level design. I'd love a Link that controls more like your typical modern action game character than the very slow and grounded gameplay that has been standard for the series.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Magnesis rune halfway covers it, but the magnetic gloves. Mainly I want to be able to pull Link to metal things that are firmly planted in the ground. We have the grabbing metal stuff with Magnesis.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Would love more types of swords with unique movesets. So rapiers, parry blades, etc.

Oct 29, 2017
That sickle with a chain you see in ninja media. Throw it to hit the enemy, pull it back, cut what's it the way.

Have those ninja guys jump you with these things so there is no shortage of it.

RomanceDawn

Teacher of Superheroines
Oct 29, 2017
Los Angeles
Flexible weapons! Ball & Chain, Grappling Hook/Whip, Hook/Claw Shot.

Now just like in Wind Waker I'm sure the hook shot and grappling hook can function differently gameplay wise to be separate items but if something needs to be combined let them be combined!

Rocks Feather and Pegasus Boots could be really neat. Higher jumping and faster running when equipped to give the game even more action. I guess the boots wouldn't function too much differently from the Bunny Hood or the Goron roll.

I also want a Glider with more maneuverability, maybe something with the mobility of a Loftwing. Doesn't have to fly up but I want to have even more fun when I dive off the edge of a cliff.

Nessus

Oct 28, 2017
Agreed. I like weapon degradation, but not for it to be so fast that it feels unrealistic even for a cartoony world.

Maybe a speed more like Demon's Souls.

Weapons should have been at least 3 times as durable as they were and there should have been a way to repair them.

Also the Master Sword should not break, ever. I That should be your reward.

eseqko

Oct 27, 2017
I feel a good compromise for weapon degrade would be to let the weapons get dull and if you keep using it, the weapon would break. But also let me repair the weapon for a fee Elder Scrolls style.

Oct 25, 2017
Pizza cutter.

I'm serious like the Whirligig Saw from Bloodborne
07467aeec1ca16519e85a0eff1d0609e617e5f8f_hq.jpg