• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

IronFalcon1997

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
Slingshots (less powerful than traditional bows but faster), crossbows (more powerful than traditional bows but slower), whips (great range, can hit through shield/disarm enemies but slow and weak), daggers (fast, can hit past shield, and can partially block, but weak and low range. You could make them have a higher damage modifier for stealth hits), spell books (similar to Din's Fire/Farore's Wind/Nayru's Love but more varied), and dual swords (medium range, medium power, high speed, and can partially block, but it takes a small amount of stamina per attack). This way, you have some more variety in weapons. You could choose the high dps option (dual sword), but you'll need to watch your stamin much closer, you could play it safe and outrange your enemies with whips, but you have to aim well and have patience.

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
daggers? muskets?

I don't think we need new types of weapons, but I'd appreciate it if they made it so that not all weapons were breakable. I thought this aspect of the game was a huge bummer. Breakable weapons made the early game scramble really fun, but it just becomes tedious later and kind of sucks the fun out of finding treasure

Death Penalty

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Give me a lasso, I want to hog tie bokoblins and throw them off a cliff
This is an underrated post, a lasso that reacts realistically to the surroundings and lets you tie up/tether things would be a great addition to a sandbox-style Zelda like a BotW followup. Especially if it had further uses, like in climbing/swinging.

EDIT: And I'd also like it if special weapons weren't breakable. The champion weapons breaking and needing a diamond (!!!) to be repaired was a huge bummer.