• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What had better exclusives, Wii U, Dreamcast, or Xbox One

• Wii U

Votes: 627 39.9%
  • Dreamcast

Votes: 820 52.2%
  • Xbox One

Votes: 124 7.9%

• Total voters
Apr 21, 2018
I'm actually genuinely curious what everyone thinks. My feeling is it'll be a close race between Dreamcast and Wii U. I am also curious where Xbox One will end up sitting in the laurels of time with regards to its exclusive lineup.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
giphy.gif

(I'm assuming you're talking about games that were exclusives in their hayday, because almost every formerly DC and WiiU exclusive game worth a damn has been ported)

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
How you define exclusives? Because you can count in one hand games you can only play on Dreamcast right now since most received later ports

BlandrewYT

Nov 27, 2017
It depends on how you want to count an exclusive. Most of Wii U's games have been ported, and a lot of Dreamcasts best games also. But just comparing the two libraries, I'm gonna lead more towards Dreamcast. Mainly because they're games I would love to replay multiple times over (God knows I have the Sonic Adventure games and Crazy Taxi). Whereas Wii U had a bunch of games I loved the first time around like Wonderful 101, Xenoblade X, 3D World, etc. but probably wouldn't revisit.

Kingpin722

Oct 28, 2017
It's weird because I prefer Xbox One over Wii U but the Wii U had much better exclusives. Xbox One may go down as having the worst set of exclusives for a console ever.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Well one platform survived and the other two died so the answer is the one that survived we did it

flashman92

Feb 15, 2018
Assuming you mean exclusive relative to its generation, I say Dreamcast
How you define exclusives? Because you can count in one hand games you can only play on Dreamcast right now since most received later ports
The same is happening right now with the WiiU, so it really depends on what OP means

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
Dreamcast.

We talking about each system in its own vacuum I believe...so not including the exclusives of the time that got ported

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well one platform survived and the other two died so the answer is the one that survived we did it

Saying the Wii U survived is taking some liberties. More like it was hit in the back of the head with a blunt object and then dissected for parts.

Edit : My bad, I didn't even consider the Xbox One so I read this as one survived and one didn't lawl

Dreamcast is it though

demi

Oct 27, 2017
what an odd lineup to choose from, lmao

why did you pick just those three machines?

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
In 2014 alone the WiiU had Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8, Smash, Captain Toad, and Bayonetta 2 (Also Hyrule Warriors but that's not on their level). I gotta go with that.

Edit: But yeah, this is weird.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Most of the games are ported now, but Dreamcast still takes it.
It's a phenomenal library for such a short lived console.

Deleted member 58846

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 28, 2019
Oh come on, Dreamcast launch day alone is probably better than the Wii U's entire first year, how is Wii U actually winning this?

DanteLinkX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The one that had the best action game ever (and the sequel), one of the best jrpg ever, one with the best mario kart and smash ever (at the time), the one that had one of the best co op 3d platformers, that had a beautiful hd remaster of a beautiful cel shaded game, oh and one of the best games ever (and of that gen too) botw.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Dreamcast, not even a competition. Jet Set Radio alone is better than half of the Wii U's library.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
3D sonic games suck and I'm not a fan of sports games from that era so Wii U barely wins for me.

brinstar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think Dreamcast probably has more impressive lineup for its time (to my memory anyway) but I think Wii U has straight up better made video games

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
Wii U ones weren't very ambitious compared to Switch.
XBO felt like the same old.
Dreamcast exclusives were genuinely great (especially at the time) and innovative

Deleted member 4067

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wii U has the best Nintendo games ever (BotW, Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8, 3D World, Splatoon 1)

XB1 has the Forza Horizon series and Gears 5

But its the Dreamcast

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
Wii U but that's mostly because the Dreamcast was made irrelevant in less than 2 years. What they did manage to put out in that timeframe was pretty damn solid.

There was a brief shining period where we knew that N64/PS1 games looked rough as fuck with their awkward 3D and the Dreamcast was like seeing clearly for the first time.

But the Wii U also has the benefit of HD graphics and generally modern game design so even if we compare apples to apples, it's really hard to make a strong case for the Dreamcast.

Deleted member 58846

Banned
Jul 28, 2019
People have this rosy idea of what the Wii U lineup was like but they forget how barren actually owning the console was. A dozen games you can put in a bullet list now doesn't change how miserable the situation was at the time.

Dreamcast was a barrage of incredible and experimental games.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Dreamcast. WiiU exclusives were okay. Xbox is more of the same with some neat game here and there, and a lot of them weren't even exclusives (i.e. on PC).

Quad Lasers

Oct 26, 2017
This is honestly kind of a tie if you use "no ports" as a qualifier. So much of the incredible Wii U library got dumptrucked onto the Switch and the Dreamcast having such a smorgasbord of high quality arcade games was unprecedented(on top of having it's library getting dumptrucked across the last two generations).

qwerty999

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Dreamcast by a huge leap... Followed by Wii U.

XBox One has been absolute trash this generation.

PepsimanVsJoe

Oct 26, 2017
I was a huge fan of the Dreamcast, and I'd still probably take Gears of War 5 and Forza Horizon 4 over 95% of its library.

Deleted member 58846

Banned
Jul 28, 2019
See and this is where the whole post falls apart.

I'm assuming you are of the Nh dear tht Gears is t exclusive because it can be played on PC.

The. Others can bring up that many of the Dreamcast or WiiU exclusives can be played on other platforms as well.
The difference is, Wii U and Dreamcast games were exclusive for their lives and got ported years later once the consoles were dead. Xbox One Games were never exclusive to begin with.