• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What had better exclusives, Wii U, Dreamcast, or Xbox One

• Wii U

Votes: 627 39.9%
  • Dreamcast

Votes: 820 52.2%
  • Xbox One

Votes: 124 7.9%

• Total voters

JaegerDeus

Banned
Jan 25, 2018
Xbox One had my personal favorite of the exclusives (Titan Fall, most particularly), but as far as sheer volume of great exclusive games, I'd say Dreamcast first with Wii U a close runner up.

watdaeff4

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The difference is, Wii U and Dreamcast games were exclusive for their lives and got ported years later once the consoles were dead. Xbox One Games were never exclusive to begin with.
So since we are now adding disclaimers. Just pretend OP said console exclusive

I mean I understand you have a narrative you are trying to state but c'mon. It's not hard

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, what does this mean? Can you give examples? 1-2-Switch?
NSMBU was just an improved NSMB, 3D World was just an improved 3D Land, Colour Splash was an improved Sticker Star, no Zelda game for the majority of lifespan except HD remasters, Animal Crossing was a party game, No Metroid Prime. Switch seems to getting games that feel more like blockbusters.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
See and this is where the whole post falls apart.

I'm assuming you are of the Nh dear tht Gears is t exclusive because it can be played on PC.

The. Others can bring up that many of the Dreamcast or WiiU exclusives can be played on other platforms as well.
Assuming we are looking at exclusives while the console was on shelves, you could disqualify arcade ports to Dreamcast as someone mentioned earlier in the same fashion. Breath of the Wild shouldn't count at all for example.

But then you run into the other problem where the Dreamcast's lifespan was very short so can it be a fair comparison?

watdaeff4

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Assuming we are looking at exclusives while the console was on shelves, you could disqualify arcade ports to Dreamcast as someone mentioned earlier in the same fashion. Breath of the Wild shouldn't count at all for example.

But then you run into the other problem where the Dreamcast's lifespan was very short so can it be a fair comparison?
And like I said that's why the discussion falls apart. People can nitpick all three

Soda

Oct 26, 2017
Dunedin, New Zealand
Alien Front Online, Chu Chi Rocket, PSO 1/2, Power Stone 1/2... and a lot of other games.

All great systems, but Dreamcast was a true odd-ball with its exclusives.

I'd you'd said Wii instead of Wii U, though, I'd have picked Wii in a heartbeat.

famikon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ベラルーシ
Dreamcast by a huge margin – variety, quantity and quality.

Soul Calibur, JSR, Skies of Arcadia, Shenmue, RE: Code Veronica, Metropolis Street Racer, Power Stone, Crazy Taxi, Phantasy Star Online, Samba de Amigo and many more.

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland
Dreamcast beyond any doubt.
All Wii U and Xbox One exclusives (that weren't on PC either) pale in comparison to Dreamcast exclusives we got during 1998-2001.

Poimandres

Oct 26, 2017
Dreamcast for sure. Had an amazing library. Wii U has some top quality titles, but it's like 20 Wii U games vs 50 Dreamcast... Vs 10 XB1 games.

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
For me, it's between Wii U and Dreamcast, and I might lean toward Dreamcast, actually.

That era was peak SEGA. I don't know how they did it, but in the span of three years they put out two Crazy Taxis, two Space Channel 5s, two Sonic Adventures, two Shenmues, House of the Dead + Typing of the Dead, Chu Chu Rocket, Jet Set Radio, and like a ton of other games. In just three years. Plus it had pretty decent third party exclusives like Quake III Arena, Soul Calibur, and Powerstone.

Nintendo put out a bunch of great Wii U games as well, though, maybe a little higher quality overall, but not nearly as many.

(Also, by exclusives I'm not counting arcade, PC, or future ports/versions of games.)

Deleted member 49438

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 7, 2018
I love my Wii U, but I think I'd give it to the Dreamcast during their respective lifetimes. It's very close though.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
easily wii u. 3d world, pikmin 3, wonderful 101, bayo 2, tropical freeze... amazing lineup.

if we count arcade ports, easily dreamcast

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dreamcast easily. No Wii U title or X1 title is nearly as good as Alienfront Online.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
The WiiU launched a year before the XB1 and PS4. The WiiU was the black sheep of that generation.

the WiiU was more than just the black sheep though. It was a failure.
Xbox1 and WiiU are in the same gen
What gen do you consider the WiiU

why then this gen got 2 black sheeps...i don't know why dont you guys ask OP....i did state 'probably' in my reply so i am just guessing

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
What? This generation isn't even over yet lol.

Why are you including two random Nintendo consoles and an Xbox console?

Edit: My bad lol, DC is clearly not Nintendo, not sure what I was thinking.

Megatron

Oct 27, 2017
Im Definitely Not in the 'exclusives don't sell consoles' camp, but it is notable that the XB1' with very few true exclusives sold 20 million more units than the WiiU and Dreamcast combined, which both had great exclusives. It does prove that there is a lot more to it than that.

zoltek

Oct 25, 2017
If you voted WiiU, you weren't alive or playing games when the Dreamcast first came out. If you voted Xbox One, you must be one of Phil Spencer's 21 burner accounts.

Bioshocker

Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
Dreamcast by a huge margin. It had been even bigger had the system not been discontinued so soon, many games that ended up on PS2, Gamecube and Xbox were scheduled for release in '02, '03.

Nano-Nandy

Mar 26, 2019
Dreamcast launch was pure hype. But Sega collapsed after.

Though I give the edge to Wii U, as Nintendo did wonders on it: Smash, Mario Kart, 3D World, Breath of the Wild, got the likes of Bayonetta 2, Wonderful 101, HD remasters of Wind Waker and Twilight Princess...among many other things.

While introducing amiibo and fully supporting the 3DS.

Xbox One while still here and great, lacks long standing exclusives.

zoltek

Oct 25, 2017
I was alive and playing games.

Just didn't have any desire to own a Dreamcast

I think WiiU has the best
I stand corrected. You are wrong :) ... but I stand corrected. DC's exclusive library did have a thematic uniformity when it came to most of its games — arcade-at-home feel, if you will — but I can see how if one didn't feel that style of game, the DC would not be that attractive.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
See and this is where the whole post falls apart.

I'm assuming you are of the mindset that Gears isnt exclusive because it can be played on PC.

The Others can bring up that many of the Dreamcast or WiiU exclusives can be played on other platforms as well.
They are dead platforms unlike the XB1. Them losing exclusives years later isn't the same as XB1 not having stuff exclusive on release. PS2 is the best example, in it's life span it had soo many amazing exclusives and that's a big reason it so comfortably destroyed it's competition, nowadays you can probably count them on your hand.

Oct 25, 2017
The Dreamcast, and it's not particularly close, IMO, as I don't even rate the exclusives of the other two consoles and consider the Dreamcast to have the best exclusives of any console.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
The Dreamcast had the NFL 2K games, which were so good and a threat to EA that EA scooped the license away so the franchise died. It also had the NBA 2K series, which has grown to completely obliterate all other NBA game competitors
The WiiU (and lol the Xbox One) have nothing like that.

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
Dreamcast. Not even close. Wii U has some absolute masterpieces of it's own, though.