• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
my girlf hasn't seen a ton of horror movies, so I'm looking for suggestions.

I was thinking of the original halloween, the fly, American werewolf in London, and Abbott and Costello meet Frankenstein.

We've already covered some of the basics earlier in the month (alien(s), the thing, etc)

Valkyr

Oct 26, 2017
Trick R' Treat is a super fun Halloween anthology movie. I watch it every year on or as close to Halloween as I can get.

A lot of foreign stuff in the final stretch of the 31 Days of Horror challenge.

-Three-Oh-One, Three-Oh-Two
-The Quiet Family
-Whispering Corridors
-Hiruko the Goblin
-Tetsuo II: Body Hammer

-Gemini
-Ring
(no, I am not calling it by its Romanji title!)
-The Ring Virus

Might be more than that, depending on how I'm feeling, but yeah, pretty packed weekend all the same.

Deleted member 4434

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
theothers4ljlt.png
cpaxj11.png

The Others and Crimson Peak.
I'm not a big horror fan so I suppose they're quite tame compared to what others here will watch.
The Others I've seen a long time ago on TV, but I was late and it had already started a while ago, so I missed out on the beginning.
In addition, I've forgotten most of the story so it'll be fun watching it again.

I love period dramas, so I really wanted to see Crimson Peak despite usually not being fond of scary movies.
The combination of my most loved and most disliked genre turned out to be really to my liking though, and it became one of my favourite movies.

Run Goku

Oct 25, 2017
I guess it's just Stranger Things for me this weekend.

However, I'll absolutely be watching Hocus Pocus and Ernest Scared Stupid on Tuesday.

Kirenou

Oct 25, 2017
Stranger Things 2 and if I get around to it, Crimson Peak. Maybe What We Do in the Shadows too.

bill crystals

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I recommend Creep and its recently released sequel, Creep 2.
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/creep_2014
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/creep_2_2017

I think these are my favorite found footage movies because they're just so different from what the genre usually offers. They might not be your traditional idea of "horror" but if you're a longtime fan of the genre you'll definitely be right at home and find a lot to love there. The movies are tense, weird, smart, and often hilarious. Both are very entertaining from start to finish and could be watched by friends who are horror-squeamish. Highly recommended!

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Aside from Stranger Things 2, I need to finish up my list for the October challenge:

Halloween
Halloween 3: Season of the Witch
Trick r Treat
Demons
Zombie
Day of the Dead
City of the Living Dead
Autopsy of Jane Doe (if I can find it online for cheap)

Oct 25, 2017
Trick r Treat for sure. Haven't seen that one before and I'm going to watch it as part of my 31 Days of Halloween challenge.

But first, like many people... Stranger Things 2.

brotherbean

Oct 26, 2017
Trick r Treat is excellent, really captures the feeling of Halloween for me and is a must-watch this time of year. I'll also be trying to find time this weekend to watch the original Halloween and Nightmare on Elm Street movies in between marathoning Stranger Things.

Rösti

Oct 25, 2017
I will be watching whatever is available on the television channels I have access to. Films included are:

Mama (2013)
The Gallows (2015)
Spider Baby (1967)

On halloween (Tuesday) there's also Night of the Living Dead (1968). I would like to watch From Beyond (1986) as well, but I lack money for Netflix etc.

1000 Needles

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Forgot to say, I'll be watching "Frankenhooker" with some friends as part of a bad movie Halloween tradition