• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Buff Beefbroth

Chicken Chaser
Apr 12, 2018
Remember this? Remember the presentation? Wasn't that in like 2018? I'm currently deciding on selling or keeping my Pro and I was trying to find out how far out the game is... but nobody seems to know and I haven't seen any meaningful previews in a long time. I need the deets.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
Yeah I don't know if dev has gone well for this game(it is a new IP though) but the Kotaku insider said the plan is for it to drop in the first half of 2020.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
After like 2 large scale presentations I doub't whatever difficulties it's going through will make Sony scrap the entire thing. This is the company that financed The Last Guardian lol.

Just give it time. Their plan of having an open world a la Breath of the Wild without waypoints and only landmarks for your orientation wherever you go sounded hella ambitious. Combine that with the visual fidelity and the goal to tell a good story and this stuff takes even longer. Maybe they got told to make it a PS5 launch title.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
Sony wasn't at E3, so we didn't see any of the stuff we would usually have seen there. It was probably always going to be a 2020 game.

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
Hard to believe we're getting Death Stranding and possibly TLoU 2 before this. It was announced way too early.

Oct 27, 2017
Somewhere South
It's a mobile game, now. Each move costs you 1 Energy from your pool that gets replenished daily - but can also buy refills, 3 for $4.99, 7 for $9.99 or, our most bought option, 15 for $19.99.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Right next to Deep Down, never to be seen again.

Maybe it found peace and moved on to the afterlife

Suedemaker

Linked the Fire
Jun 4, 2019
relax, have some patience. people are so spoiled with constant news these days

Kind of Sony's fault though for announcing it entirely too early. Same for TLOU2 and Death Stranding for that matter. They like to announce a game with a trailer....say absolutely nothing about it for a year, show one more trailer....and go radio silent until it's time for the marketing push. Leads to people questioning its existence or development status.

Personally I find it more annoying than anything. I don't need constant news about a game, but don't want to tease it out for 4 years either. Sure it's hard to keep things secret until closer to launch but throwing out a trailer or a little bit of info helps curb the desire to be internet famous for 3 days and leak stuff. Idk...I'm rambling at this point and just greatly prefer a shorter announce-release schedule.

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Sekiro killed the game...Tsushima would always live in the shadow of Shadows Die Twice

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
They saw Sekiro and also realized Nioh was coming out soon too.

(I imagine that its just typical game development and they need more time)