• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
This is easily my most anticipated game from the last 2 generations so I feel your pain OP. But it's probably coming along just fine. It's just that they're in no hurry since the current hype cycle is focused on Death Stranding.

Once that's out, I expect we'll see a deluge of info.

Aokiji

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
Where's Babylon's Fall, where's SMTV, where's TLOU2, where's Dead Island 2, where's WiLD, where's Bayonetta 3, where's Skull & Bones, where's Pikmin 4, where's Nioh 2, WHERE'S DEEP DOWN????

Enough of announcing games & not showing them enough for me to worry about if they still exist!

Goodbye

Oct 27, 2017
Typical Sony game announcement, way too early. We're still waiting on two out of the 'holy trinity' from E3 2015 (!).

shem

Oct 25, 2017

How could a game with such poor progression and boss repetition kill it?

Where's Babylon's Fall, where's SMTV, where's TLOU2, where's Dead Island 2, where's WiLD, where's Bayonetta 3, where's Skull & Bones, where's Pikmin 4, where's Nioh 2, WHERE'S DEEP DOWN????

Enough of announcing games & not showing them enough for me to worry about if they still exist!

Deep down not the best sarcastic example to use.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
If TLoU2 releases in the first half of next year, I assume GoT releases in the second half of next year, and probably as a cross gen title for PS4 and PS5.

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
How could a game with such poor progression and boss repetition kill it?

giphy.gif

shem

Oct 25, 2017

Secondary item progression beyond the base forms of the shuriken, flame barrel, and firecrackers is completely superfluous and leads to you being punished in combat for experimenting, both by dying over and over hoping that maybe your new piece of equipment will be more effective than simple parries and counter attacks, and the need to then farm emblems as a consumable.

The boss/mini boss repetition speaks for itself with a number of generic spear and sword bosses repeated throughout given more health and damage. 4 headless, 3 drinking samurai, 3 longshadows, 2 bulls.

But yes sekiro killed an unreleased game.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
I'll be extremely disappointed if the Ninja theme inspired Japanese game they've decided to copy the combat from was Sekiro and not goddamn Ninja Gaiden.

But no, they're not going to copy either.

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Secondary item progression beyond the base forms of the shuriken, flame barrel, and firecrackers is completely superfluous and leads to you being punished in combat for experimenting, both by dying over and over hoping that maybe your new piece of equipment will be more effective than simple parries and counter attacks, and the need to then farm emblems as a consumable.

The boss/mini boss repetition speaks for itself with a number of generic spear and sword bosses repeated throughout given more health and damage. 4 headless, 3 drinking samurai, 3 longshadows, 2 bulls.

But yes sekiro killed an unreleased game.

Oh no no I wasn't agreeing that Sekiro killed Ghost lol

I just don't agree with the progression and boss repetition part (they all felt different enough to me). I experimented plenty with equipment and never got punished for it at all, I also remember by the Headless Ape I had about 500 Spirit Emblems so that was never an issue. I was actually scared it would be annoying like the Blood Vials in Bloodborne but I was swimming in Emblems and there were also tons of tons of Idols so it never felt like a drag to get back to the boss.
To each their own , Sekiro was near perfect for me.

Last edited:

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
Haha I see the usual cycle has begun for a Sony exclusive. Done with Days Gone that quickly?

WhtR88t

May 14, 2018
Everyone complained that Sony was showing too much of their games too early so we get nothing now.

Oct 27, 2017
I mean don't sell your PS4 just because it's gone quiet. Loads of games coming out now and for years to play.

But I imagine they gave a spring-fall 2020 release and they're taking their time. I'm down for whatever so long as it does come out eventually. Looks amazing imo and I love the setting, vibe.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
I thought Sekiro, Nioh 2, and Ghost of Tsushima were coming out this year.

What a fool I was.

Oct 25, 2017
Silicon Valley
lmao y'all fukken silly

Me: remember this game that was revealed in 2017 with a significant announcement demo in 2018 and now radio silence a year later just checking up now, a few months from next gen

ResetERA: cHIlL mAN itS iN DeVelOPmEnT HyPE culTUrE haS GonE tOo FaR??? hA ha It iS a WIi2 XclUSive GOT EEM that will teach u 2 be interested in a vidya game on this enthusiast website
Despite your hyperbolic attitude, here is a real answer (which Sammy also kind of gave)

A lot of big games are coming to PS5, that also happen to be PS4 titles. However, while working on making sure the game runs well on both, there is a lot that has to go into making a "next gen" looking version of a game that will likely otherwise be identical to on the current gen. Rather than spend any time making another demo, they are churning away at actual development for PS4 / Pro mode, and then a next-gen version or mode.

For example, TLOU pt2 may be missing specific features that the PS5 will allow, such as ray-traced reflections, or dynamic hair simulation, cloth simulation, fluid dynamics, volumetric atmospheric elements, increased level of deformation and physical objects in a scene, and so on.

Basically, Sony is "crouching" right now, to do a high jump next year when they finally reveal the next-gen PlayStation, and make a case for why people should upgrade.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
My insider sources are saying that games take a long time to make

Will check back in once I have confirmation

Deleted member 26156

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Remember when Sony said they'd stop announcing games too early and immediately after revealed Ghosts? Those were good times.

bear force one

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Orlando
Kind of Sony's fault though for announcing it entirely too early. Same for TLOU2 and Death Stranding for that matter. They like to announce a game with a trailer....say absolutely nothing about it for a year, show one more trailer....and go radio silent until it's time for the marketing push. Leads to people questioning its existence or development status.

Personally I find it more annoying than anything. I don't need constant news about a game, but don't want to tease it out for 4 years either. Sure it's hard to keep things secret until closer to launch but throwing out a trailer or a little bit of info helps curb the desire to be internet famous for 3 days and leak stuff. Idk...I'm rambling at this point and just greatly prefer a shorter announce-release schedule.
Nah I love knowing early.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Oh no no I wasn't agreeing that Sekiro killed Ghost lol

I just don't agree with the progression and boss repetition part (they all felt different enough to me). I experimented plenty with equipment and never got punished for it at all, I also remember by the Headless Ape I had about 500 Spirit Emblems so that was never an issue. I was actually scared it would be annoying like the Blood Vials in Bloodborne but I was swimming in Emblems and there were also tons of tons of Idols so it never felt like a drag to get back to the boss.
To each their own , Sekiro was near perfect for me.

IMO the problem is not that emblems are hard/easy to get, but having 500+ emblems doesn't matter when you can only bring in 20 in a fight lol. And this measly 20 emblems is split between Prosthetic tools, Ninjutsu, Combat arts and some unique items is quite baffling.

On the topic of tools- You're never exactly punished for experimenting with tools, but at the same time you're never really rewarded for using them outside of the specific counters that they were designed for. It's why everyone agrees that the 3 best tools are the shuriken, umbrella and firecrackers because those are effective against a lot more enemies and they consume the least amount of emblems.

Suedemaker

Linked the Fire
Jun 4, 2019
It's weird how people are fine knowing an album, movie, or other project is in production and will be out years later, but if its a videogame OH NOES, WHY IS IT TAKING SO LONG?!

It's cool wondering where the game may be at marketing wise, and whatnot, but some of the concern stuff always makes me chuckle when it comes up.
I'm not big on knowing any of that stuff early. Though...half the time I forget it exists before it comes out. *Shrug* to each their own

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
Someone said in a locked rumour thread that it already looked like a PS5 game at the reveal and at this point it's clear that we'll get just that, a PS5 game.

I don't mind, bring the nextgen awesomeness, I stopped playing on PS4 anyway after GoW and has been waiting for PS5 since then.

Oct 25, 2017
Silicon Valley
Someone said in a locked rumour thread that it already looked like a PS5 game at the reveal and at this point it's clear that we'll get just that, a PS5 game.

I don't mind, bring the nextgen awesomeness, I stopped playing on PS4 anyway after GoW and has been waiting for PS5 since then.
It looks like Second Son, and Uncharted 4, and God of War, etc. The idea that it was a PS5 game when explicitly stated it was running on PS4 Pro is silly.

Why would Sony / Suckerpunch not release the game on a platform that has 100 million units out?

Jan 20, 2019

That is false.

The best source we have says the games comes in the first half of 2020 and no, the game is not exclusive do the ps5

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
It looks like Second Son, and Uncharted 4, and God of War, etc. The idea that it was a PS5 game when explicitly stated it was running on PS4 Pro is silly.

Why would Sony / Suckerpunch not release the game on a platform that has 100 million units out?
That is false.

The best source we have says the games comes in the first half of 2020 and no, the game is not exclusive do the ps5
Time will tell, I wouldn't mind it though, in fact I would love it. Let PS4 rest in peace, make sure PS5 gets a flying start instead! :) Ghost of Tsushima and The Last of Us part 2 as PS5 launch games. What could possibly counter that??

Jan 20, 2019
Time will tell, I wouldn't mind it though, in fact I would love it. Let PS4 rest in peace, make sure PS5 gets a flying start instead! :) Ghost of Tsushima and The Last of Us part 2 as PS5 launch games. What could possibly counter that??

Time will telll you that both does titles are going to release on the ps4, Sony always does this, they support the console until there last year and with BC confirmed, there is no reason for does titles to not come to the ps4. And does titles were annouanced as ps4 titles.

And TLOU is also going to get release in the first half

Warukyure

Banned
Feb 23, 2019
Clearly, these devs aren't sacrificing enough of their well-being yet. Hopefully they crunch for months on end to deliver this game for you.

/s

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
Why do you want to overshadow earlier releases? Give it time. Let DS release then we get a lot of coverage for TLoU2. Only then will we get more coverage on GoT.

KingBae

Oct 28, 2017
What happened is Sony skipped E3 2019. Otherwise, there probably would've been some sort of stage presentation with some gif-able moments.

Roygbiv95

Alt account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
Obligatory reminder that Death Stranding's release date was announced like 6 months in advance ;)

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
Yup, they played sekiro and went..........."emergency meeting!!!!!"

It screams decent ps5 launch title to me.
I dunno how one can say Sekiro killed it when it's not even the same genre aside from having a Katana and using feudal Japan as a setting. One has fantasy element and one is grounded and has ties to actual history.

It's a very superficial way of comparing things. Like comparing Sleeping Dogs/GTA and Yakuza

SxP

Oct 27, 2017
I have no doubts this game will come out, but it's crazy that it will take Sucker Punch more than 6 years to release their next title. You see this sometimes with the first game of a studio in a console generation. But a second one? That's very rare I think.