• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Heri

Oct 28, 2017
It's coming, just be a little bit more patient

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Lol at all the Sekiro shit post, if any game with a vaguely similar setting, gameplay would send them into a panic it'd be the one with much better gameplay than Sekiro. It's called Nioh.

bulletyen

Nov 12, 2017
Time will tell, I wouldn't mind it though, in fact I would love it. Let PS4 rest in peace, make sure PS5 gets a flying start instead! :) Ghost of Tsushima and The Last of Us part 2 as PS5 launch games. What could possibly counter that??
Sony rarely cheats players out of announced games for a platform by moving it the next gen (except Last Guardian, PS3 couldn't handle it).
I love that some of the best Playstation games over the years have always been the last ones for each system. Making sure to squeeze that bang for buck out of the system to its last breath is a hallmark of PS consoles.

A PS5 exclusive GoT will have me thinking nothing but why wasn't this on the PS4, the graphics didn't warrent me getting this new machine, where as GoT as a PS4 game will have me thinking damn they squeezed this out of old hardware, can't wait to see what's next.

When I get a new system I want games that blow me the hell away and look way beyond even the prettiest games on last gen.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
Games, they take time.
It was announced earlier than the common AAA announcement-to-release marketing cycle than most of you would like.
Publishers has no consumer-facing obligation to give regular updates to products in development.

Geinrendour

Jun 3, 2018
I really thought they'd launch it before Part II given ND's Uncharted 4 and Lost Legacy being launched more recently than their last game (2014 with Infamous), but it is not looking like that anymore.

VanDoughnut

Oct 30, 2017
Lmao we're acting like GoT took a decade long absence- possible vapor ware title.

I'm excited to see more, but I'm hoping they don't feel the need to reveal too much. We should chill, it's cooking lol

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
I like the general concept of the game but something about it wasn't impressing me all that much. Definitely the weakest looking of the last PS4 games IMO. Gameplay looked rather outdated.

hichanbis

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
There's a new leak/rumor saying that it'll be shown off again in FEB 2020 along with the PS5 reveal. Considering its sources though, I wouldn't take it too seriously.

Got this link from SIFTD (https://www.gamesradar.com/new-leak...alongside-news-of-ghost-of-tsushima-and-more/)
It's actually very possible.
PS4 was revealed during a January dedicated event and we already know PS5 is to be expected around November 2020, so a big PS5 event in early 2020 with plenty of exciting trailers (especially for games with high end graphics like GoT or TLOU2) would not be a surprise.

sQr

Jun 28, 2019
Last time they said it's still a PS4 title - same as Last of Us Part II. But i hope it will be a PS5 launch title in some form. I really hyped for this game!

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
It's actually very possible.
PS4 was revealed during a January dedicated event and we already know PS5 is to be expected around November 2020, so a big PS5 event in early 2020 with plenty of exciting trailers (especially for games with high end graphics like GoT or TLOU2) would not be a surprise.
Yeah, I could totally see it happening. I'm just not putting a lot of weight on this leak rumor (does that make sense? "putting a lot of weight?" iunno) because the sources for that article are [the old place] and 4chan. I mean, they can get things right sometimes like with 4chan and I think it was with Smash rumors?

Last time they said it's still a PS4 title - same as Last of Us Part II. But i hope it will be a PS5 launch title in some form. I really hyped for this game!
Apparently some guy from Sucker Punch swore up and down that what they showed off at E3 when it was revealed was running on a PS4 (presumably a Pro) according to someone who hosts a podcast I watch every week. That was a long time ago though, so I wonder if things changed. I guess they could change, but I'm betting there will at least be a version you can play on your PS4, and I don't know how they're going to work with games taking into account the extra power of the PS5, I guess nobody does yet, lol (like a patch or a separate SKU? It'll be interesting to see how they do it).

It came out, it was really good. My uncle who works for Game Informer gave it 5 stars.
Aww shit! I missed it?

Why is life so hardddd?!

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
I think sony would rather launch Death Stranding before showing ghost of tsushima again, maybe reveal the date in december in PSX/equivalent event if no PSX this year for a may/june launch.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
How can anyone doubt Sucker Punch after the amazing Second Son and First Light. We know they are masters of the open world, they are just taking their time and perfecting everything.

When they do finally re -eveal it, it'll blow your goddamn nipples off.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
With how long it's been in development, I thought it might have been at the end of the year, Death Stranding coming before was a surprise, as it's not been in development as long.

At least Sony are giving Sucker Punch the time they need to get it right though, I expect it will probably be early or mid 2020 now, depending on where they drop The Last of Us 2.

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
How can anyone doubt Sucker Punch after the amazing Second Son and First Light. We know they are masters of the open world, they are just taking their time and perfecting everything.

Well that's gonna be pretty fucking impressive considering it has already blown my goddamn nipples off. If there's enough improvement to warrant it a second time, I'm not sure my heart is gonna be able to handle it.

Cthulhu_Steev

Oct 27, 2017
I was thinking we'd at least get past Death Stranding before the avalanche of GoT concern hit, but I guess people just can't help themselves - and they never seem to learn.

Undrey

Oct 29, 2017

The two PS4 inFAMOUS games were by far their weakest games in terms of design and story. It's their PS2 and PS3 games that give me faith in them.

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017

i enjoyed second son, but I never even remotely considered that Sucker Punch are the top tier devs when it comes to crafting open worlds

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
You've got to keep in mind Sucker Punch isn't that large of a studio. They briefly inflated their developer count to try and squeeze Second Son into the PS4 launch window, but otherwise they're generally running at <100 employees if I'm not mistaken (and generally opposed to doing that again, for various reasons).

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Is it confirmed ?
I read it like we are stopping out for 2019 as they wanted to save stuff for 2020 console launch. There is no news of Sony dropping 2020 is it ?
They didnt drop out, but i have a suspicion many will drop out if E3 for their own events during that time after ESA screwing up

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I dunno how one can say Sekiro killed it when it's not even the same genre aside from having a Katana and using feudal Japan as a setting. One has fantasy element and one is grounded and has ties to actual history.

It's a very superficial way of comparing things. Like comparing Sleeping Dogs/GTA and Yakuza

I get what you're saying, but of course it's fair to look at two samurai based combat games. Sekiro did incredible sword combat. I hope GoT has great sword fighting too, as it looks like it's the main premise of the game?

Dec 4, 2017
Brazil
Why ghost of tsushima would be announced for ps5 ? We know that ps5 will feature full bc.

Nevertheless, if you want to sell than sell, buy a ps5 later and play the game when it comes out.

OP
OP
Buff Beefbroth

Buff Beefbroth

Chicken Chaser
Apr 12, 2018
Last year is a long time?

For a game with that thorough and polished of a demo, I'm not used to hearing absolutely nothing from the devs or preview outlets for an entire year afterwards.

Usually there's at least a dripfeed of additional details or art or something during the development process.

There's a lot of disingenuous drivebys from people I'm guessing are seeing this as a stealth "vaporware" dig at a Sony title. As next gen approaches I'm just debating what to do with my current gen hardware while the value is still up, and weighing upcoming releases I'm interested in is part of that. 🤷‍♂️