• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Buff Beefbroth

Buff Beefbroth

Chicken Chaser
Apr 12, 2018
It's coming, just be a little bit more patient

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

how can i be patient when these gifs get me so hype tho

Richter1887

Oct 27, 2017
For a game with that thorough and polished of a demo, I'm not used to hearing absolutely nothing from the devs or preview outlets for an entire year afterwards.

Usually there's at least a dripfeed of additional details or art or something during the development process.

There's a lot of disingenuous drivebys from people I'm guessing are seeing this as a stealth "vaporware" dig at a Sony title. As next gen approaches I'm just debating what to do with my current gen hardware while the value is still up, and weighing upcoming releases I'm interested in is part of that. 🤷‍♂️
PS5 will play PS4 games so there is no need to wait to upgrade.

Unless you want to buy Xbox.

OP
OP
Buff Beefbroth

Buff Beefbroth

Chicken Chaser
Apr 12, 2018
They're... still working on it? Sometimes games take a while.

I guess I should've named this thread "have I missed updates on Ghosts of Tsushima" or "where are the details on Ghosts of Tsushima" because obviously games take time but complete silence/lack of preview coverage for an entire year after a very polished demo presentation is a bummer when you're looking forward to it. Ususally there's some sort of preview material or more community discussion at this point in the cycle.

SeriousGoku

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 20, 2019
100% cross gen. No one can convince me otherwise. Makes too much sense to have a brand new IP launch as a next gen killer app.

truly101

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I assume that it will be a holiday release for 2020 and if the PS5 is full bc with the PS4 then either console owner can buy it.

aisback

Oct 27, 2017
June 2020 is my guess.
It'll be approx 3 months after TLoU 2.
TLoU2 is rumoured for feb I believe

I'm sure we will hear more soon

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
I'd imagine it's still in development lol Wouldn't surprise me if it's a cross-gen title or even just moved to the PS5. Not like that's never been done before.

Oct 27, 2017
After Sekiro they need to redesign that combat to something you can actually play.
Sekiro is a trash game where I die 50 times at one boss despite having experience with other From titles because it forces on you one playstyle despite having the biggest moveset and mobility out of all From games.

Last edited:

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
I love that some of the best Playstation games over the years have always been the last ones for each system. Making sure to squeeze that bang for buck out of the system to its last breath is a hallmark of PS consoles.
Honestly, I hate that. GT6 on PS3 was such a shame, it could've been so much better as a PS4 launch title. And like I said earlier, I've already stopped playing on PS4, it's too weak and loud and I simply don't want to buy a Pro at this point. So I want everything on PS5 now so I have something awesome to look forward to that isn't held back by 7 year old hardware. Ghost is already wow-worthy, on PS5 it would look insanely good.

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
Hard to believe we're getting Death Stranding and possibly TLoU 2 before this. It was announced way too early.

So it means the last game to be announced (this one) will be the last one to be released?
How is that weird?
And games being released 2 years after being announced isn't that weird. Happens all the time.

i-hate-u

Oct 25, 2017
Sony has decided to abandon traditional press conferences, that's why we haven't been getting updates on it/

Richter1887

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, I hate that. GT6 on PS3 was such a shame, it could've been so much better as a PS4 launch title. And like I said earlier, I've already stopped playing on PS4, it's too weak and loud and I simply don't want to buy a Pro at this point. So I want everything on PS5 now so I have something awesome to look forward to that isn't held back by 7 year old hardware. Ghost is already wow-worthy, on PS5 it would look insanely good.
But you are getting it on PS5. There is backwards compability and probably even "PS5" patch that takes advantage of the PS5 hardware.

Big G

Oct 27, 2017
I think it'll be a cross-gen, PS5 launch title. Sony didn't have a marquee launch game for the PS4 that was on-par with the quality of most of their other first-party games this gen (UC4, God of War, etc.) and this could be that game for the PS5.

With Death Stranding as their holiday game for '19 and TLOU2 in Spring '20 being the PS4's "swan song" - much as TLOU was for the PS3 - the most sensible placement for Ghost of Tsushima would be Holiday 2020. Use the extra time to make this game something special and kick off the PS5 with a splash.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Remember this? Remember the presentation? Wasn't that in like 2018? I'm currently deciding on selling or keeping my Pro and I was trying to find out how far out the game is... but nobody seems to know and I haven't seen any meaningful previews in a long time. I need the deets.
Why would you sell your Pro now when you'll likely get a good trade in value for it towards a PS5 next fall?

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Sekiro is a trash game where I have to die 50 times at one boss despite having experience with other From titles.

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.

You didn't grow.
You didn't improve.
You took a shortcut and gained nothing.

You experienced a hollow victory.
Nothing was risked and nothing was gained.

Seriously though, it's not that hard, some people just mad you can't over-level and co-op your way out of a challenge.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
Just another game that got announced too early is all. There's a reason Sony has been laying low on the conference front lately. They're giving their games in development time to breathe, both because they need to and because they can afford to do so.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
The Last of Us Part 2 is going to be early 2020 (February?) and Ghosts of Tsushima is sometime between that release and the PS5. Sony has recently liked a late April release, but I see it more as a Summer 2020 title.

Oct 27, 2017

You didn't grow.
You didn't improve.

Seriously though, it's not that hard, some people just mad you can't over-level and co-op your way out of a challenge.
It's not that hard but it forces you to play in the most boring and static way imaginable (parrying) despite giving you such a varied moveset and mobility.

"D."

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah I don't know if dev has gone well for this game(it is a new IP though) but the Kotaku insider said the plan is for it to drop in the first half of 2020.
After like 2 large scale presentations I doub't whatever difficulties it's going through will make Sony scrap the entire thing. This is the company that financed The Last Guardian lol.

Just give it time. Their plan of having an open world a la Breath of the Wild without waypoints and only landmarks for your orientation wherever you go sounded hella ambitious. Combine that with the visual fidelity and the goal to tell a good story and this stuff takes even longer. Maybe they got told to make it a PS5 launch title.
There's been trouble in development??

Ambient80

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I always got this and Sekiro mixed in my head and thought they were the same game haha. Hopefully we'll see more soon! Maybe when they show off the PS5? The trailer already looked great, so on next-gen hardware it should be beautiful.

FFWarrior005

Alt account
Banned
Jul 13, 2019
I was wondering what happened to Metroid Prime 4, Halo Infinite, and Bayo 3...Seriously calm down. At this point we've seen more of Ghost than either of those 3 games I named. The game is being worked on and will more than likely launch next year on PS4 or PS4/PS5. I swear if people around here don't see a game for a year they start acting like it's been cancelled or something.

scare_crow

Oct 28, 2017

You didn't grow.
You didn't improve.

You might as well just post the meme if you're going to include that second part.

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
I get what you're saying, but of course it's fair to look at two samurai based combat games. Sekiro did incredible sword combat. I hope GoT has great sword fighting too, as it looks like it's the main premise of the game?
Of course that's fair but I wouldn't say a game got killed solely because it has worse combat. We need to look at the overall picture. I'm sure there are many, including me, who are skeptical of the gameplay of the game. I mean it sure looks like ass based on what I've seen but I'm sure they'll improve it. If not then there are other ways for it to show it's at least not trash. I mean for the longest time Witcher 3 got a large amount of praise despite combat not really being a strong point of the game.

Personally, I'm just going in expecting it'll be something like Way of the Samurai where choices actually do matter and I'll be satisfied. I think it's a more fair comparison as that game is largely based on choices and has a realistic setting and combat.

metalgear89

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Death stranding is for the holidays and tlou2 is for q1/q2 2020. Sony won't release 2 exclusives that close and they don't have big releases in q3, so probably a ps5 launch title and more reveal around e3 time alongside the ps5.

Nothing to be "concerned" about.

wBENDERw

Oct 27, 2017
Pure speculation:
Sony will own and pub but will go on the epic store so it's no longer an exclusive, PS4 / PC via Epic store

OR

they just are heads down till PSX

=)

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
I'm expecting an info dump on it sometime soon. Summer 2020 release probably, last big PS4 exclusive.