• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kitten Mittens

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 11, 2018
Given who the dev is, I have little to no faith in it being anything other than Ok at best. Having to live in the Shadow of Sekiro must suck, though.

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
When was the last time a high profile Sony first party game was actually cancelled? I honestly don't remember.

The remainder of Playstation's 2019 is already set -- let those games keep the spotlight and show Tsushima late December/early January with TLoU 2 to keep the gaming gravy train rolling.

kung-fu-owl

Alt account
Banned
Jul 27, 2019
Man, I try not to think of this game at all.

Sony announced it in 2017 and we still ain't got a release date.

Kupo Kupopo

Jul 6, 2019
my only concern is that sucker punch's always been an extremely productive & dependable developer. up till now, anyway. infamous: first light was released in august, 2014. that was 5 years ago. so, yeah, i'd say that the continuing silence re: ghost of tsushima, at this point, is pretty strange...

Deleted member 6730

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They're not in a position to show anything yet because the big focus is on Death Stranding and TLOU2 afterward. Going by that pattern Ghost should be next but there's zero evidence that anything is wrong.

FUD gonna FUD.

bulletyen

Nov 12, 2017
Honestly, I hate that. GT6 on PS3 was such a shame, it could've been so much better as a PS4 launch title. And like I said earlier, I've already stopped playing on PS4, it's too weak and loud and I simply don't want to buy a Pro at this point. So I want everything on PS5 now so I have something awesome to look forward to that isn't held back by 7 year old hardware. Ghost is already wow-worthy, on PS5 it would look insanely good.
I don't know, if I can be impressed by what's on existing hardware, a jump in framerate, resolution and minor effects is not gonna blow me away. Maybe I'm just old school and use to only huge jumps in graphics per generation to impress me.

Plus, I guess YMMV, because I usually buy a console 2-3 years in, not at launch, so when next gen comes around I'm still on last gen looking for new stuff.

CenaToon

Oct 25, 2017
lmao y'all fukken silly

Me: remember this game that was revealed in 2017 with a significant announcement demo in 2018 and now radio silence a year later just checking up now, a few months from next gen

If they nothing worth to show, i prefer 1000 times they just focus on the game, instead of the classic "NEWS OF GHOST OF TSUSHIMA: WE WILL REVEAL BIG NEWS SOON!!!" we are just used to. God i hate annoucements of annoucements lol.

bear force one

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Orlando
I haven't seen a good FUD thread since gamefaqs so congrats I guess?

There's nothing strange about this with the current(and IMO unnecessary) level of secrecy across this industry.

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
It's in development and they don't want to just show us the same shit over and over again until there's substantial news to deliver?

It's pretty much been Sony's behavior for about a year and a half now.

Should we start worrying about The Last Of Us 2 and the PS5 as well now?

dunkzilla

alt account
Banned
Dec 13, 2018
It's in development obviously. What are you expecting? Monthly updates? Most big budget games don't work like that.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
It's a game that's still in development.

Also, all the Sekiro comparisons are irrelevant. The games are totally different.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
It'll very likely be a Sprint 2020 release with either a cross gen release, or PS5 enhancements. TLoU2 will be holiday 2020 with similar treatments.

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
Kind of Sony's fault though for announcing it entirely too early. Same for TLOU2 and Death Stranding for that matter. They like to announce a game with a trailer....say absolutely nothing about it for a year, show one more trailer....and go radio silent until it's time for the marketing push. Leads to people questioning its existence or development status.

Personally I find it more annoying than anything. I don't need constant news about a game, but don't want to tease it out for 4 years either. Sure it's hard to keep things secret until closer to launch but throwing out a trailer or a little bit of info helps curb the desire to be internet famous for 3 days and leak stuff. Idk...I'm rambling at this point and just greatly prefer a shorter announce-release schedule.

Announced too early? Lol...

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
PS5 launch fo sho, but I also checked my usual Glassdoor stuff, and there's a few company reviews saying that Sucker Punch management is a joke, so my guess is that there's been a lot of vision problems with the project, and they'd be no stranger to it considering how sort of faceless the Infamous games felt at times.

Big conclusions from almost nothing but I've just learned that the prolonged silence often ends up showing something disappointing.

Dec 6, 2017
US
Not really sure I wanna see suckerpunch's take on Japanese history/culture tbh

So far it's certainly a gorgeous and stylized take visually so I'm actually really curious how this game'll turn out overall in that aspect.

I'm curious to see if it'll go Sekiro style and here's some history but yeah, there's fucking demons and generals are 8 feet tall and dragons and occult rites and weird bugs fuck yeaaaaa

Magoo

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Is this Sekiro thing a meme or what?

I used to think it was a drinking game but realised this place likes to pick one game every so often then compare everything to it no matter how tenuous the link. Before Sekiro it was Breath of the Wild.

One day a game will come out that makes people link both of them to it and nobody will come out from it sane.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
But you are getting it on PS5. There is backwards compability and probably even "PS5" patch that takes advantage of the PS5 hardware.
At best that will be like an X enhanced patch - better resolution and framerate, maybe higher resolution textures too. That's cool and all but not what I want from a new AAA game in 2020.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
At best that will be like an X enhanced patch - better resolution and framerate, maybe higher resolution textures too. That's cool and all but not what I want from a new AAA game in 2020.
Do you seriously expect them to somehow upgrade the graphics of the game that much if they did make it for the PS5? At best you will get something like TLOU Remastered or GTA5. Basically better resolution and textures and framerate, which is something a patch could do.

They would need to overhaul the game to make it truly "next gen".

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
Do you seriously expect them to somehow upgrade the graphics of the game that much if they did make it for the PS5? At best you will get something like TLOU Remastered or GTA5. Basically better resolution and textures and framerate, which is something a patch could do.

They would need to overhaul the game to make it truly "next gen".
Then make the overhaul, it's a year a way if the rumours are correct. Look at what a small studio like Hello Games can do during a year with their crazy updates on NMS.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Then make the overhaul, it's a year a way if the rumours are correct. Look at what a small studio like Hello Games can do during a year with their crazy updates on NMS.
Why would they do that when they can just release it on PS4 (more people who could play it and more success)?

They have already made it for PS4 so I see no reason to throw away all that work just to make it for PS5. I would rather they do a PS5 sequel instead.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
It'll pop up again next year probably. It's definitely not in development hell like WiLD or dead like Deep Down.

RavFiveFour

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
My guess Ghost of Tsushima will not be a 2019-2020 game. Do you want an incomplete game? Or do you want a complete game?

Raonak

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
They are developing the game. duh.

It's only been 2 years since it was announced, and we literally got a trailer last year.
And since sony was not at E3, and it was a comprehensive enough trailer, it probably doesn't really need any extra markerting until it's near release.

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Most overrated boring as hell game of this year... I want my 35 hours back

Sekiro was an amazing change of pace game for From Software...to think that Sekiro was almost like a side project and not even their main focus which was Elden Ring and they still delivered a masterpiece...unfair or not Tsushima would always be compared to Sekiro and that hurt the game...they were wise to delay it for awhile and give it some space from Sekiro

aerozombie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Significantly less Sony pressers this year + Death Stranding and TLOU 2 release dates on the horizon = the mid/late 2020 game is not in the marketing cycle.