• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Wow, I could say I am aghast at the notion of GiTS being developed by SP is 'racist' but I have seen my share of other equally, if not more, bizarre and bad posts recently.

Yikes and Oof will suffice.

SugarNoodles

Nov 3, 2017
Portland, OR
Because it's nonsensical to think that a dev owned by a Japanese company, who has to get approval for and funding from said Japanese company shouldn't be allowed to make a game based in Japan. Hell its silly even if they had no ties to Japan at all and still wanted to make this game but this is doubly silly. I'm not even sure what to label this, ethnic concern trolling?
Lol yeah being skeptical of the video game industry's sensitivity toward cultural ownership and appropriation is totally concern trolling. Jeeeeesus Christ.

SugarNoodles

Nov 3, 2017
Portland, OR
So you have no more evidence than your petty fear mongering. Thanks.
"Petty fear mongering"

Can you take a step back and listen to yourself for a second?

If Sucker Punch's milquetoast attempt to represent something other than white people in Second Son wasn't enough to cause any concern for you, I'd imagine you're a lost cause, but here's some reading if you're actually interested in giving it some thought.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
"Petty fear mongering"

Can you take a step back and listen to yourself for a second?

If Sucker Punch's milquetoast attempt to represent something other than white people in Second Son wasn't enough to cause any concern for you, I'd imagine you're a lost cause, but here's some reading if you're actually interested in giving it some thought.

What is the point of this attutude. It seems like you're making an asserted attempt to drive people away.

natestellar

Sep 16, 2018
Surely all of those who are posting 'cross-gen launch' are trolling at this point? Didn't Cerny himself confirm that PS5 would be BC with PS4? Unless you think 'Evil' Sony are going to force their customers to double dip on PS5 when MS are handing out updates to play games you already own with highest fidelity on new consoles?

Some of you aren't even subtle with console warring, at least be up front about it if you want to engage in it.

bulletyen

Nov 12, 2017

Psoelberg

Oct 26, 2017
Wow, impressive work. The details, colors - a lot of love was put into this. Dreams is still in beta and we're already seeing some incredible things.

senj

Nov 6, 2017
Yes, I am aware, and so is the Last Samurai movie staring tom cruise.
Tangentially: The Last Samurai, which takes place during the Meiji restoration, is in no way based on the life of William Adams, who landed in Japan prior to the establishment of the Tokugawa bakufu some 275 years earlier.

Tom Cruise's character is a fictionalized version of Jules Brunet, a Frenchman who fought in the Boshin war (the movie transposes his involvement to the Satsuma rebellion 10 years later).

bulletyen

Nov 12, 2017
Tangentially: The Last Samurai, which takes place during the Meiji restoration, is in no way based on the life of William Adams, who landed in Japan prior to the establishment of the Tokugawa bakufu some 275 years earlier.

Tom Cruise's character is a fictionalized version of Jules Brunet, a Frenchman who fought in the Boshin war (the movie transposes his involvement to the Satsuma rebellion 10 years later).
What I meant was that The Last Samurai was also based on a real life person/story.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
I would say 2 yrs is pushing it, especially if a trailer was dropped at the reveal. If it was just announcement or talks then I wouldn't mind.
You only need to look at their success to see it wasn't pushing it. God of War and Spidey were pretty much done perfectly too. Announcing something too early is only the case if something gets canned or rebooted or if they end up showing too much (Uncharted 4 was a good example of this) imo. Something like TLoU 2 and Ghost going over a year without a big trailer/demo are more a problem with Sony binning stuff like E3 and other shows, leaving them to readjust their pre-release media cycle. But 2 years isn't pushing anything imo, not even close.

Feb 10, 2018
There's got to be some people at PlayStation that are saying "yes, we have a bigger installbase this late in the gen with ps4, so we can sell more copies of our exclusives, however shifting some of these titles to PS5 will help greatly in the PS5 getting off to a good start, so while inticing as it maybe for short term profits, shifting some titles to PS5 will be an investment in our future platform"

ianpm31

Oct 27, 2017
Sony should make Ghost and Horizon 2 (probably a given) PS5 exclusives. Sacrifice short term profit to boost the PS5.

Richter1887

Oct 27, 2017
No.

Keep it PS4 and make a PS5 patch. No reason to cancel the game just because a few rich players want to play it on better hardware.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
There's got to be some people at PlayStation that are saying "yes, we have a bigger installbase this late in the gen with ps4, so we can sell more copies of our exclusives, however shifting some of these titles to PS5 will help greatly in the PS5 getting off to a good start, so while inticing as it maybe for short term profits, shifting some titles to PS5 will be an investment in our future platform"
PS5 will sell out regardless for the first year. They'll have Horizon 2, Spidey 2 and God of War 2 (3 10m+ sellers) to sell the PS5 when it needs selling. Delaying Ghost for PS5 doesn't really help the PS5, just hurts Ghost and PS4 users.

Feb 10, 2018
PS5 will sell out regardless for the first year. They'll have Horizon 2, Spidey 2 and God of War 2 (3 10m+ sellers) to sell the PS5 when it needs selling. Delaying Ghost for PS5 doesn't really help the PS5, just hurts Ghost and PS4 users.

Yes, but they want to repeat PS4's sucess, moves like these would be helpful with a more prepared MS.

Sony are not complacent.

BubbaKrumpz

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yay Area
No way this has become a PS5 exclusive. While they might've flirted with the idea at this point, I can't see them doing that. This will most definitely release on ps4 with an enhanced PS5 version to showcase how fast it launches, how good it looks and whatever features Sony packed into the PS5.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Yes, but they want to repeat PS4's sucess, moves like these would be helpful with a more prepared MS.

Sony are not complacent.
Yes and the PS4 success was built on the PS3's momentum, due to ending extremely strong. Ghost doesn't benefit from suddenly being PS5 exclusive and getting delayed for however many months. It'd still be a game built for PS4, just without the massive userbase. PS5 will already have it's launch exclusives and improved versions of Ghost and every other major PS4 exclusive and most 3rd party game released in the last year or so.