• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
I feel like his career could go a lot better if he worked for free, and asked directors to only pay him for his work if they were happy with his performances.

a916

Oct 25, 2017
He's in the new Aaron Sorkin movie coming next year and he was in the lead role for 7500 this year (I'm not sure how that ended up being received)

2014 was also when he got married and had two kids. Probably wanted to spend time doing that.

Venatio

Oct 25, 2017
What's even more odd is that he directed his first movie right around then and it was very well received.

I bet he's trying to direct another film or something.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I think he's focused mostly on Hitrecord, his crowdsourced art production platform, instead of acting

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
He was in everything 2010-2014ish but I haven't seen him in anything since then
I feel like his career could go a lot better if he worked for free, and asked directors to only pay him for his work if they were happy with his performances.

Deja vu with this thread and answer. Did we just have a thread about this?

He had a huge role in HBOs Sandman but that was cancelled/he quit because of production troubles I think.

Deleted member 9317

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York

Man has branched off to do bigger things, and now mostly do small-time cameos in movies. He has some pet projects as well but they don't seem to go anywhere big.

Also, he probably don't want any unnecessary spotlight, after tabloids tried to out him as gay. He's married now, right?

Last edited:

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Deja vu with this thread and answer. Did we just have a thread about this?

He had a huge role in HBOs Sandman but that was cancelled/he quit because of production troubles I think.
Yes it's my standard response whenever it applies, because Spec Work is total bullshit.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
He is fighting crime with Christian Bale

obviously

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
I always feel like this is a useless question. We don't know if these actors wanted to keep going or were satisfied and just wanted to rest/live off of royalties and/or wanted to pursue other things. I'd probably be in the latter group personally speaking if i was in that industry and already was able to accumulate a pretty penny.

Apr 21, 2018
Why do people on the rise need to continue to rise? It's like this capitalist idea seeped into us.

The man is a millionaire and probably has enough friends in Hollywood to work when he wants. Let the man take some time to be with his kids, enjoy private life, etc.

I'm sure JGL will make his return to acting. He's young and has a long career ahead.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
Dudes been acting since he was a literal child. 2016 was his last major project and since then he's just been doing HitRecord, voice work and smaller parts. Guy got married, had 2 kids and probably wants to spend time with his family.

This happens all the time with actors who have long careers. Bill Murray peaced out for 5 years to train at the Sorbonne .

Xx 720

Nov 3, 2017
Should of been nominated for an Oscar for Mysterious Skin, was b4 he got super famous

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
Seems like he's just taken a couple years to lay low a bit (based off this thread, probably due to marriage/kids).

He's still acting and directing looks like. I just watched the trailer for Don Juan and kind of want to see it (cheesy rom-com with ScarJo).

May 5, 2018
I don't think he wants to do the leading man circus act anymore. I think he's more interested in making content than being in it. Just because you haven't seen him headlining a major movie recently doesn't mean his career is inactive.

Amiablepercy

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
California
He is hands down one of the nicest dudes I've ever worked with. Earlier in my career I worked on Looper and he couldn't have been a more supportive, approachable, and authentically kind principals I had met up until that point. I was straight ground level too. Whatever he is doing I hope it is bringing him happiness. For reals.

SnakeXs

Oct 28, 2017
Dudes productive and happy. While he hasn't exactly been batting .1000 since his return he's said he wants to do good work, and is picky, and has made a major project out of HitRECord.
He seems content doing what he's doing. I'm sure he'll pop up in the mainstream here and there, and I expect he'll commit to some legacy roles as he matures.

LBsquared

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 22, 2019
How'd you miss Snowden and The Walk? Oh right, because they were both boring as fuck. Oddly he was in both Rian movies that came out recently (Knives out and The Last Jedi).

Burly

Oct 25, 2017
He left 3rd Rock to go to college or whatever and they brought him back here and there, but he never really fit in on the show after that.