Votes: 311 23.4%
  • None

Votes: 112 8.4%

• Total voters

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Probably three of the most anticipated Japanese titles(on this forum at least) with no release date/year and little info on each, some more than others. Though some on here think that each of these have a possibility to release next year based on either clues, speculation or just pure hope.

Do you think of these titles can be ready for release in 2021? Maybe perhaps all three could release next year? Can you even imagine it?

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
The most recent OPM says 2021 for FF16 didn't it?

I actually think everything there can make end of 2021 easily. Though I'm sure at least one gets pushed to early 2022

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
Apparently FF16 has had a full 4 years of development at this point, so I guess that one. It's too hard to say with the others since we've literally seen nothing from them.

Plax

Nov 23, 2019
Feels like BOTW2 has the best chance. I wouldn't be surprised to see FFXVI delayed unfortunately.

JoeNut

Oct 27, 2017
UK
BOTW 2 I think. Its been 4 years by then and I expect it'll be a similar game with just new environments

Alexzan

Sep 24, 2019
Italy
Zelda, probably. We don't know nothing about it since E3 2019 (like Elden Ring) but probably Nintendo is working really hard. It wouldn't surprise me if they drop something randomly in the next few months (or early 2021). Not sure about Final Fantasy, and Elden Ring either.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
FF16 reeks of "announced for October/November, gets delayed to March 2022"
I think that BOTW actually makes it, we only see it again when it gets a release date that is 2 months following the reveal

hydruxo

ā–² Legend ā–²
Oct 25, 2017
I think BOTW2 and Elden Ring will make it next year. I know that recent report for FF said they're aiming for 2021, but I just feel like that'll get delayed.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Honestly? I think FF XVI has a lesser chance of being a 2021 game than the other two, especially BOTW2.

Maybe I'm overstimating Covid-related problems, though, because XVI was most likely targetting 2021.

I actually think everything there can make end of 2021 easily. Though I'm sure at least one gets pushed to early 2022
It was edited later on as "coming soon".

It's likely they confused Yoshida's words, as, after the announcement, he mentioned 2021, but to signify the moment they'll release more info.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret Corrupted by Vengeance
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
I think BotW is the most likely but my heart says FFXVI has a good shot as well.

Ohhhh Elden Ring

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
BOTW 2 has the biggest shot. FF16 maybe. Since we have heard squat about Elden Ring it has the least chance.

Sargerus

ā–² Legend ā–²
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe BOTW2. I still think Elden Ring is now a next-gen only project and COVID hit SE hard so for FFXVI its Q1 2022.

rare

Oct 25, 2017
I'm putting money down on BOTW2, Nintendo seems to be wanting put a Zelda game out every year, second place goes to FFXVI cause from what it seems like it's further in dev than we first thought, elden ring seems to me like a DS2 situation where we're waiting a long while before it comes out after its initial announcement

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
Elden Ring is biggest From Soft project and their first open-world. Ain't coming out before 2022. I really hope they have moved to next-gen only at this point. Would sucks if we see the game in 2022 with the same old engine.

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Breath of the Wild 2 will make next year, XVI will be delayed to very early 2022, Elden Ring Q3 2022.

lucancel

Oct 30, 2017
Italy
I could see them release with this order: Zelda, ff16, elden.
Elden imho Will miss spring 2021 release window since marketing did not start so far and i could see It at spring 2022.
Zelda seems the perfect xmas title of 2021.
Ff16 It depends on covid issues and ps5 install base imho.
Anyway these are all my most wanted titles of next years..

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
I'd be surprised if BOTW2 isn't a 2021 game, I don't expect FFXVI to release until 2022 and I honestly have no idea about Elden Ring.

giapel

Oct 28, 2017
Botw2 is practically guaranteed. Could be as early as March. No idea about the others

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
I know folks like to rag on Square-Enix in regards to game releases and delays. The fact we have memes saying they won't release a game until 2035 or some other trite bullshit has become even more and more nonsensical over time. Considering there have been more recent cases of them delivering within 4 to 5 year dev cycles, it makes even less sense in regards to FF16 considering the team behind the project and already being 4 years into it (Keep in mind FF7 Remake also came out in 5 years from announcement to release date) So more grounded and focused project as shown the case with the announcement trailer should reasonably come out in the same amount of time, so 2021 isn't unfeasible as much as how many folks like to constantly doom and gloom about SE's output in terms of release schedule.

As for Elden Ring, I have faith in From Software being able to ship, however GRRM is behind the story / setting so we'll see how that turns out.

BOTW2 probably makes sense to come out for Holiday 2021 because it's reusing the engine and assets of the first BOTW so that expedites development.

Of course there is no telling what really will happen because no one expected COVID especially in how it is impacting Japanese developers with Work from Home policies in place.

Deleted member 44122

they only did a writeup on the trailer, they dont have more info than any of us. the 2021 release was a msitake that was later corrected to "soon". they just mistook the "more info in 2021" for a release date

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
After seeing a lot of recent news about FFXVI I'm pretty confident we will see a 2021 date for it.

Snake__

Jan 8, 2020
Lol seriously?
Y'all are crazy
People seriously think a Final Fantasy and a Zelda are more likely to come out than a From Software game?

Brodo Baggins

Oct 27, 2017
I feel that BotW 2 and FFXVI are definitely both targeting holiday 2021 release dates. I think with the recent comments from SE about how COVID-19 set back their development pipeline though that it is definitely at risk of slipping into 2022. I feel more confident that BotW 2 will meet its release date as it is reusing the same engine as BotW and I don't see what else Nintendo could slot in as a big holiday title for next year.

Elden Ring is a total question mark for me. Could be next Spring could be 2 years from now.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
I'm pretty confident in BOTW 2 and Elden Ring releasing next year.
Both were shown over a year ago, and Elden Ring specifically is built on current gen so I don't think it will fall into 2022.

XVI is not coming out next year. Maybe it will have a 2021 date at some point but that game is 2022 for sure.

Oct 25, 2017
I think all 3 have a good shot at coming out next year but from most to least likely, I'd say ER > BOTW2 > FF16

From Soft is the quickest of the 3 in terms of their turn around and ER was probably suppose to come out this year but Covid happened. Next year it'd would have been 4 years since BOTW came out and considering 2 will probably reuse a lot of 1s assets, I think 2021 is a reasonable release date. Lastly with SE you never know, but the producer seems acutely aware of SE's infamy in this regard plus everything we're heard about the game indicates that it's pretty far along.

Athrum

Oct 18, 2019
Elden Ring most likely shifted platforms to be next-gen. We haven't even seen a snippet of gameplay etc, so I don't see that game being release in 2021.
BoTW2 will use most of the same assets so it has a good chance.
FF16 will be a late 2021 or early 2022 game