• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 31133

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Smoking cigarettes.

Took me years to stop. Went cold turkey and the withdrawal symptoms were intense. Took about four weeks to feel any form of normality.

KillerMan91

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who just found out today that I'm lactose intolerant, giving up ice cream is gonna suuuck.

Don't know how it's where you live but here (Finland) it's easy to buy lactose free milk products as every shop has them. They taste pretty much the same too just lactose removed. I have been lactose intolerant for whole of my life and eat and drink shit ton of lactose free milk products.

Bigwombat

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
Sugar. I used to smoke a lot of weed in high school, drank all through my 20s, did coke several times, used to smoke figs when I drank too. But having sugar is a weakness. I get cranky when I go off it for a diet.

I'm convinced that that is half the issue with people acting like assholes on survivor or naked and afraid! Sudden carb withdrawal.

Nov 26, 2018
Self Harm probably. I'm not even sure if that habit is really kicked, just lying in wait, ready to pounce upon my next panicky spiral

SABO.

Nov 6, 2017
Weed.

The idea of emphysema caused from smoking really got me off it though.

I'd definitely be continuing this addiction if it were legal in Australia and edibles/vaping was a viable method of consumption.

Oct 25, 2017
The void
Caffeine in the morning. I hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate coffee in all shapes and forms (even mocha flavored stuff) and I'm sick of tea. :(

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
A person. Man you feel you'd rather die than without them. It's all ok though. You'll be bine.

Deleted member 11985

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Caffeine

For reference, I successfully quit a 3 year smoking habit. The problem with caffeine is that it's a mood booster for me, so it's not just a craving that I have to try to combat, but also the harsh reality that is this theater of pain we call life.

Caffeine is pretty much the only thing that's keeping me from going feral and running off into the woods.

chromefrog

Nov 26, 2017
Caffeine. Can't get through work without a red bull or a double espresso. And I guess cigarettes, but I haven't tried stopping.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Junk food. I have eliminated pop from my diet almost entirely, but the convenience of grabbing an Egg McMuffin in the morning or some Food Court junk for lunch makes that habit too hard to break. I'm also a smoker, but I find the heart clogging, diabetes inducing foods to be a harder thing for me to go few days without than cigarettes, which I'll routinely go a few days without.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Food. Have gotten better at not eating trash like McDonalds or soda, but I still eat too much food.

AnimeJesus

Oct 27, 2017
Coffee. An hour of bliss for many hours of anxiety.

I quit for a few weeks earlier this year and didn't really see any major benefits. I recently went back to coffee but at a reduced amount. I would like to try to quit again but reports of it taking 6+ months to feel normal and energized without it sounds like hell.

joe1138

Oct 28, 2017
Sugar in general.

I kicked sugary drinks years ago but still need to get my sugar fix. I've become vegan recently so I mainly get my sugar from fruits. It keeps the cravings at bay for the most part.

Deleted member 13506

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Biting fingers and drinking pop. Was able to avoid pop for months at a time, but biting my fingers has been something I have struggled to quit doing. It's tough because it's literally always available. This is the year it ends though.

Graven

Oct 30, 2018
Nail bitting, spent years doing that to the point of bleeding my fingers, thankfully i managed to stop.

League of Legends took so much of my time it actually makes me feel sad when i think of it, and most of the time i wasn't even having fun, i was just obsessed with rank, and was stressed and angry all the time, that's over too.

Internet is the one to beat tough, i spend an obscene amount of time doing nothing productive.

Addiction is one of the worst things ever.

Deleted member 47843

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Sep 16, 2018
Beer/Wine. Never have came near being a raging alcoholic or anything, but wife and I are definitely on the functional alcoholic side with having 2-4 drinks more evenings than not. Both in good health, but should cut back some for sure.

Forums. But I've finally made a lot of progress there of viewing less and especially posting way less and avoiding getting sucked into arguments etc.

Last edited:

Injustice45

Oct 29, 2017
Soda, good lord! That was very hard to cut out because I was so used to drinking it with everything: breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, etc. Then, I realized that drinking it so frequently isn't doing me any wonders. So, I decided to cut it out completely. Initially, it was just a cutback, but I stayed addicted to it. Now, I can completely avoid it. I also cut out energy drinks, too. Now, I'm just trying to stick to juices and teas, with a bigger intake of water. Every time I see soda somewhere on or off campus, I'll just be like "Can't drink that; I'm retired from soda!"

Kronotech

Oct 28, 2017
Internet information. How often I've grabbed my phone to open up Facebook, Insta, Era, Reddit, etc. makes me sad. Alternatively, leaving work and going home to my desk at home to open up some tabs to do the same thing. How do people get anything done anymore?

DeathPeak

Oct 27, 2017
Spending money. I've tried to go a whole week already without buying anything short of necessities, like food or gas. So far so good. Gotta try to keep it up because my spending habits were getting a little out of control for me.

deathsaber

Nov 2, 2017
Taco Bell.

Tackled Smoking. Went from from 260 lbs to about 198 in the past six months, by modifying eating habits... but I can't give up the Bell. I just hit up the tacos now instead of the big boxes specialsfor less calories. But yeah, no problem staying way from McDonalds/Wendys/Burger King burgers and shit, but yeah I pretty much MUST have Taco Bell once a week.

Advc

Nov 3, 2017
Procrastination. Being productive for 5 minutes and reward myself literally with 2 hours of surfing the web, watching stupid youtube videos or checking social media. I had enough of that. Currently trying to quit social media (I already left Twitter and Tumblr and I'm heavily decreasing my time checking facebook and instagram too). Trying to indulge self-discipline because I finally realized all the time I've wasted after years of procrastination. Dissapointed in myself because of that so I'm currently trying to get my shit together.

Oct 27, 2017
Sugar. I didn't have difficulty quitting cigarettes. I quit weed and go long stints without alcohol too, though I k ow they aren't really addictive. Neither is sugar but fuck it had ruled my life for as long as I remember. I've always told my mom, she was a great parent but the one thing she failed on was giving me all the candy and soda and shit that I could consume and fatten up on as a child who didn't know better. She should have known better and not let me do that to myself.

Of course it wouldn't be so hard if I didn't live in a house with people who buy tons of deserts, but still.