• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RPGamer92

Oct 25, 2017
Considering how console happy Blizzard is these days, why not? Good way to get people excited again especially after the low point of this weekend!

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
Why not just announce them at the same time if they're going to do that

Blyr

Oct 27, 2017
The fanbase would riot, there's still a hint of PC elitism to blizzard games, and them not getting the game first would result in even more backlash

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
I would think this weekend would prove not to piss off your core audience.

Not to mention such move would be a big screw you to their massive Korean fanbase.

Last edited:

Syf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
That'd piss people off even more than they already did, but thankfully it'll never happen. Any mainline game is going to be on PC.

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
"We're making a mobile game because we're extremely excited about getting more into Asia. Even Overwatch has half its 40 million playerbase in Asia."

"We're going to announce a game for platforms that basically don't exist in Asia."

Yeah, please bet large sums of money on this.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
They absolutely won't so why even play this pointless what if?

"What if they announce Diablo 4 as Apple exclusive" is equally as worth considering.

dmoe

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Half life 3 has a better chance of coming out this year than that Happening. Pc is easier to get it all how you want it before consoles

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Considering how much they're pushing the Battlenet launcher I don't think that's likely

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Zero chance after the recent debacle also zero chance in general since most of their users are on PC and will continue to be. That said it's either gonna be sim announcement or PC first.

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
I doubt anyone there is thinking "lets just exclude our core fans with the mainline title they've been wanting for years because why not?"

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
Sometimes, I wonder I'm just thinking /wrong/ compared to the people making these threads.

Like what do I have to do to think like you OP? What do I have to ingest to come up with threads like these.

Izayoi

Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing they've learned their lesson, but who knows? I've been wrong before.

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
Blizzard announced one separate Diablo game for mobile (that isn't replacing Diablo 4 at all because let's face it, D4 just wasn't ready yet), and done console ports of a couple of its major games. That does not in any way indicate a turn away from PC. That indicates an expansion to more platforms.

At most I could see D4 or something else in the future being simultaneous on consoles and PC.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
I would be more than okay with it if it had local multiplayer built into it like D3 does on consoles.

Status
Not open for further replies.