• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What would you want Bluepoint's next game to be?

• Demon Souls Remake

Votes: 354 54.0%
  • Uncharted 5

Votes: 31 4.7%
  • Another IP

Votes: 87 13.3%
  • New IP

Votes: 65 9.9%
  • MGS 1 Remake

Votes: 118 18.0%

• Total voters

HussiZooT

Beware the Monkey's Paw
Nov 16, 2017
Let's put aside every rumour we've heard up until now and just focus on the fact that Bluepoint is working on the most ambitious project to date.

What if that project is a next-gen Uncharted? Would that bum you out or get you hyped?

Obviously it's a continuation but without Drake. It could be a prequel with Sully or sequel with any of the other characters.

Anyway, would a PS5 Bluepoint made Uncharted work for you?

Edit - My personal preference would be an MGS1 Remake.

Last edited:

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
It's literally been spelt out to us by Jason Schreier, why are we even having this discussion? At this rate, it's *basically* confirmed to be Demon Souls lol.

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
I sincerely don't know what I want them to be doing. Most of the remakes that have been suggested get no more than a "huh" out of me at the idea. The only ones that get any real enthusiasm out of me are ones I'm pretty sure they're not doing. I guess we'll see.

monketron

Oct 27, 2017
Sony won't abandon an IP as popular as UC so someone's bound to be making something in that universe. Although if it's going to have new main characters they may well call it something else.

OP
OP
HussiZooT

HussiZooT

Beware the Monkey's Paw
Nov 16, 2017
I was honestly hoping for an MGS1 remake.

But the heavy Demon Souls chatter has kinda bummed me out. Not big on the souls games but I know I'm mostly in the minority here.

My personal preference would've been an MGS remake but we'll have to see.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
If it somehow isn't Demon's Souls, then it'd be cool if they were bringing back Syohon Filter.

ZSJ

Alt-Account
Banned
Jul 21, 2019
The only Uncharted not made by Naughty Dog was gutter trash. I would rather see them keep doing remakes and remasters if I'm being honest.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nothing we've seen from them suggests they'd be any good with it. Not to say we know it'd be bad, but it's hard to say "they'd be a great fit" to a studio that's been doing remakes and ports.

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
If you've seen my thread, there's a ton of evidence basically showing and more so leaning towards Demon Souls:

Everyone wanna not believe the signs and are gonna be so disappointed when it's announced to be Demon Souls, at this rate if it isn't Demon Souls, it would be a disappointment considering how heavily it's been hinted.
You caught me replying to you without noticing your sneaky edit lol. Demons Souls is literally the thing I would want most from them so no disappointment here.

Jawbreaker

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
At this point, all that's left is a big sign with red, flashing lights spelling out "IT'S DEMON'S SOULS, YOU DENSE MOTHERFUCKERS." I don't know how else it can be hinted at without outright spelling it out.

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017

But the heavy Demon Souls chatter has kinda bummed me out. Not big on the souls games but I know I'm mostly in the minority here.

I'm in the exact same boat as you. The Souls games all look the same to me, and having played a bit of them, I know they're just never going to click for me. MGS1 would have been the one remake they could do that I would be genuinely thrilled about but I sincerely don't think they would ever do it.

Hey they should do Ape Escape

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't hate a Demon's Souls remake. But I've had enough of remakes. Make something new, or a new entry in a much-beloved franchise.

OP
OP
HussiZooT

HussiZooT

Beware the Monkey's Paw
Nov 16, 2017
If it somehow isn't Demon's Souls, then it'd be cool if they were bringing back Syohon Filter.
With the surprising success of Days Gone (putting aside all the technical errors), I'm hoping that Sony Bend works on Syphon Filter in the future. Even though they've very much moved on from that IP.
Gabe being dead in their final game sort of was on the nose about how they felt about the game as per my observation.

J75

Sep 29, 2018
A Drake's Fortune next gen remake by Bluepoint in the vein of SotC would be dope for me.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
Bluepoint has experience in remasters/remakes, not creating games. So yeah, that idea doesn't sound good at all to me.

Niosai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
This would be even more disappointing than Demon's Souls. Definitely hope not.

andresmoros

Oct 29, 2017
Houston
I wish that they would be working on MGS1, Resistance, Killzone, Uncharted or a bunch of other projects before Demon Soul, just because I am not interested in Demon Soul at all. I am not into the whole Soulsborne games.

Edit: we already know that they are making Demon Soul though.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I don't see what the point of remaking Uncharted 1 would be, especially by Bluepoint.

A Naughty Dog remake of UC1 taking all the lessons learned from the other four games? I would pay for that. But a prettier UC1 with the original gameplay? Nah.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I'd rather Chloe and Nadine become the leads, Lost Legacy was so good.

Chloe can come back. I'd really rather Nadine just go away though.

Or they can recast her with an actress who's actually culturally appropriate for the role, but since they won't ever do that, just write Nadine the hell out.

Res

Oct 25, 2017

The project is supposed to be a ps5 exclusive right? Besides the fact that this is Konami we're talking about, I'd think that they'd would rather have that be multiplatfrom

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
Bluepoint themselves have said Sony is the one who calls the shots about when the game is revealed. It's a PS5 exclusive...

LET
MGS
GO

you really think Konami is gonna let anything MGS related be exclusive to one platform (Even with a Sony check)?

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
At this point, all that's left is a big sign with red, flashing lights spelling out "IT'S DEMON'S SOULS, YOU DENSE MOTHERFUCKERS." I don't know how else it can be hinted at without outright spelling it out.
This should be reposted to every single Bluepoint thread until the game is revealed at the PS5 event.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017

Or they can recast her with an actress who's actually culturally appropriate for the role, but since they won't ever do that, just write Nadine the hell out.
They should have it be older chloe years later and that girl from LL is like the age of young nate in uncharted 3.

KiLAM

Jan 25, 2018

Chloe's actress isn't culturally appropriate either. She is supposed to be half Indian right?