• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KDR_11k

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
I honestly have no idea if this would work but what if instead of all this assault weapon, pistol, etc talk the US added a gun restriction that all civilian guns had to use something stupidly huge like a .50 BMG round? While that wouldn't prevent individual murders it would have a good chance of keeping people from firing a bunch of shots quickly, right? Building a semi-auto .50cal weapon with a bump stock or other such popular mass shooting tools seems like the recoil would take your arm off. Even if someone gets a M2 machine gun off the black market it's impractically huge and awkward for shootings in public places. You'd need to have a lot of strength to handle any weapon in this caliber.
220px-Rifle_cartridge_comparison.jpg
532a826ffaa20afad43b3ca20425b14f.jpg

Sure, it'd make building armored cars for celebrities very tough...

Boddy

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
handgun are the biggest problems by far, anything in that direction would be very helpful.

Also instead of gun bans, I think making a combination it harder to get guns, buy back programms and better education are the best options to reduce gun violence.

Deffers

Banned
Mar 4, 2018
Someone's gonna keep those for home-defense and I'm gonna be real with you, overpenetration is a major concern. A .50 BMG carries a cone of shrapnel with it and can tear through most walls. You can kill a large number of people with a single bullet.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
This is approaching Chris Rock's "guns are free but a bullet costs $5000" levels of asinine.

Making it more impractical for racist white people to kill a bunch of brown people isn't going to stop them from trying.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Or how about we combat white nationalism?

Yano, just a thought
Absolutely a huge problem, but the number of guns in the nation and the ease with which they are bought are the biggest factors leading to mass shootings. I would like much to be done to combat white nationalism as well as gun ownership, though.

Tuppen

Nov 28, 2017
I'd say only allowing BB gun calibers seems wiser but only allowing cannon balls might work as well.

uzipukki

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The op isn't the fastest bullet it seems.

C.Mongler

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Washington, DC
I feel like we wouldn't need to theorize weird ass "solutions" like this if the US government was capable of adjusting the guns, guns, guns free-for-all in any level.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
They should make open carry conditional on the carrier wearing clown shoes. It wouldn't make the United States safer from guns (that would require a massive change in the political culture, which is broken) but it might be funny.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If you need military hardware to defend your house or yourself, then your country has problems that banning guns isn't going to solve.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Official Staff Communication
Don't make parody/troll threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.