• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA

I love me some Youtube recommendations.

This time, we have a Code Bullet video, where he just wanted to see what would happen if an AI neural network attempts to learn how to fly, along with some mistakes and failures he make along the way.

It's a pretty fun project to watch, so I thought I would share.

If only I know how the wiring to Unity engine is done with Python or some AI neural network processing language. If anyone who uses Unity and knows a bit about AI neural networks, could you tell me how the setup environment is done? How is a C# language possible to map to a Python language?

Last edited:

Evolved1

Oct 27, 2017

I love me some Youtube recommendations.

This time, we have a Code Bullet video, where he just wanted to see what would happen if an AI neural network attempts to learn how to fly, along with some mistakes and failures he make along the way.

It's a pretty fun project to watch, so I thought I would share.

If only I know how the wiring to Unity engine is done with Python or some AI neural network processing language. If anyone who uses Unity and knows a bit about AI neural networks, could you tell me how the setup environment is done? How is a C# language possible to map to a Python language?

You actually made it through more than 5 mins of this video?

Oct 27, 2017
Is it just brute forcing it by running a million simulations until it finds the button combinations that work? Wouldn't it be much more efficient (and reliable) to give it some very basic rules on how the physics work and what its objectives are?

OP
OP
delete12345

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
Is it just brute forcing it by running a million simulations until it finds the button combinations that work? Wouldn't it be much more efficient (and reliable) to give it some very basic rules on how the physics work and what its objectives are?
It's about watching how the AI reacts and learn without any prior knowledge on the rules of play in an environment, and doing it all in the least optimal way but with the most entertaining factor (hence the channel's mantra).